Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   First 2010 Camaro Crime - wheels stolen (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25061)

Number 3 05-31-2009 07:17 AM

First 2010 Camaro Crime - wheels stolen

1 Attachment(s)
As reported on homepage.

Went out to check something on the car this morning and found this............

I believe in retrospect that after unpacking the car from our trip Up North, I may have left car unlocked. They used the Number 3s own tools to commit this crime.

And to think, I thought the 18" wheels were ugly.

Should be easy to find the perpetrator though. Not many 2010 Camaro wheels on ebay yet.

Attachment 28455

Update 5/31 3:28

Sheriff's office left a message. Apparently in the "debris" around the car was a Range Rover Tool Kit as well. They apparently found the Range Rover that was also without wheels and the tool kit. I have 3 jacks under the car right now.

Good thoughts from everyone.

Have a garage, but left the opener at work when I let another engineer take Number 3 for the weekend. So didn't put it in the garage. Often in the summer, I'll just park in the driveway.

Had my hands full when I was bringing in our luggage, thought to lock the door and OOPS, central locking under the radio doesn't work real well with luggage hanging around your shoulder so I figured I would just hit the button on the key fob from inside the house. So either I did and the car didn't lock or I just didn't, the car was unlocked this morning and I am doubtful the thieves could have opened the doors without the key, but you never know.

Just hoping there is no damage to the exhaust or oil pan. We'll have to wait and see.

I'll keep you posted.

Update 6/1 5:53pm

Well first, I arranged for Number 3 to be taken back to our Service Technology Garage at the Warren Tech Center. Not to plug anyone but Von's towing, in the photo below took great care with the car. The owner actually came out to help which is why you see two trucks.

It turns out the thieves damaged the front fascia when jacking from odd points using jacks from 4 different manufacturers. The Range Rover jack was badly bent so it appears the intent may have been to leave the car on the jacks and it simply fell off.

No word on any other damage, but they said for sure not this week and probably more like two weeks out of commision. By that point Number 3 will have served the 6 month rotation in the CTF.

So Number 3 may finish the season on Injured Reserve. Lets hope for a quick comeback.

So now I have this loaner car, an Impala SS, so I'm thinking am I disaster proof or would these idiots jack Impala SS wheels? Oh well, garage tonight, but I am feeling somehow like I let them win if I can't even park a car in my own driveway..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1243893123

Sterling 05-31-2009 07:20 AM

Should have had a trunk monkey...:sm0:

2SSJIM 05-31-2009 07:22 AM

Oh Man! That's a bummer! Hope your insurance will cover the costs!

ljustin293 05-31-2009 07:23 AM

wow...number 3 I hate that for you!! I just can't stand anyone that steals!

snsdiver72 05-31-2009 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You mean like this...

Number 3 05-31-2009 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSJIM (Post 536024)
Oh Man! That's a bummer! Hope your insurance will cover the costs!

It's a GM CTF Car so insurance is taken care of.

Nine Ball 05-31-2009 07:30 AM

Wow. I'd be so pissed!

I've seen 20" on ebay, maybe time for an upgrade?

Hylton 05-31-2009 07:32 AM

If that happened up here, Canadian thieves have enough courtesy to leave it on blocks.

Enator 05-31-2009 07:34 AM

Without wheels it is much more nice :D :D :D

Thrillz 05-31-2009 07:36 AM

Bummer man. Hope they catch the knuckleheads that did this.

2SSJIM 05-31-2009 07:36 AM

I just saw the Trunk Monkey video's on you tube.... LMFAO!

:sm0::sm0::sm0:

nards444 05-31-2009 07:37 AM

you know without using block this thing would have come crashing down and made some real noise, dont know how you didnt hearing this. The only thing I can think of is they used 4 jack but either way there is no way to do this without letting one side come down hard and that would creater some real damage.

Grinder19 05-31-2009 07:41 AM

Wow....shocking yet comical at the same time. It is what it is....

On the bright side, fresh skins await Number 3.

ihc95 05-31-2009 07:43 AM

ouch. did it damage the underbody or brakes in any way?