Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro5 Store Merchandise (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Hat suggestion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94169)

Angrybird 12 07-10-2010 04:10 PM

Hat suggestion

1 Attachment(s)
For anyone that can do Hat embroidery Can someone come up with a Camaro hat using the Camaro Outline in the colors of each car? Either the thread or the hat it's self in the car color..
I think it would sell very well...

futrocpd 08-05-2010 03:39 PM

and make in a fitted type of hat. even the one size ones are okay.

Waco 08-05-2010 09:02 PM

+1

TAG UR IT 08-06-2010 01:23 AM

If you do it, do it off the boards. The Camaro body lines, believe it or not, are trademarked. In other words, if you want to have one made for yourself, you can do that with any company. If you want to make 100 and sell them, they need to be licensed so you don't get sued. We already have another hat in the works for the site, so we can't do this one anytime soon.

Angrybird 12 08-06-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 2188842)
If you do it, do it off the boards. The Camaro body lines, believe it or not, are trademarked. In other words, if you want to have one made for yourself, you can do that with any company. If you want to make 100 and sell them, they need to be licensed so you don't get sued. We already have another hat in the works for the site, so we can't do this one anytime soon.

I had several made by a Vendor on the Sky forum with the outline of the Sky that I had drawn myself. Is the decals you you find for sale on E-bay with the Camaro outline licensed? I didn't see any trademark or anything on the ones I bought...

TAG UR IT 09-22-2010 06:31 PM

Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier.

First, it appears to me that decals are a different story than hats. For one, you are talking about a large price difference. We didn't need EMI to review and approve of the stickers we made as we asked up front if it was okay. We got the okay to make stickers telling them the items we wanted to use and that was it. It was fairly easy.

Regarding Ebay stickers, I can't say if they were approved or not, nor can I say if they care about legalities. I can guarantee you there are MANY items for sale on ebay that are not real GM authentic products...and we all know that trademark infringement is a BIG business. But, I'm not her to police ebay and I'm sure there are constant legal battles ON ebay about items that are being sold as genuine but are unlicensed knock offs...

But, when it comes to hats, take a look at how long it took us to get these approved. We have been trying to do this for basically about a year now. It was a tiring process...and all for having the word Camaro and the SS and RS symbols on the side. But, GM can never come back to us and say, "cease production of your hats," "we'll have to take legal action," etc, etc. It's done. They are good. We are good. I spoke to these folks directly a while back and verbatim, "even the body lines are trademarked." Like I said, I won't hold you back from doing what you want to do. I can't! We just can't do it here.

Angrybird 12 09-22-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 2359071)
Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier.

First, it appears to me that decals are a different story than hats. For one, you are talking about a large price difference. We didn't need EMI to review and approve of the stickers we made as we asked up front if it was okay. We got the okay to make stickers telling them the items we wanted to use and that was it. It was fairly easy.

Regarding Ebay stickers, I can't say if they were approved or not, nor can I say if they care about legalities. I can guarantee you there are MANY items for sale on ebay that are not real GM authentic products...and we all know that trademark infringement is a BIG business. But, I'm not her to police ebay and I'm sure there are constant legal battles ON ebay about items that are being sold as genuine but are unlicensed knock offs...

But, when it comes to hats, take a look at how long it took us to get these approved. We have been trying to do this for basically about a year now. It was a tiring process...and all for having the word Camaro and the SS and RS symbols on the side. But, GM can never come back to us and say, "cease production of your hats," "we'll have to take legal action," etc, etc. It's done. They are good. We are good. I spoke to these folks directly a while back and verbatim, "even the body lines are trademarked." Like I said, I won't hold you back from doing what you want to do. I can't! We just can't do it here.

Thanks for your explanation...:thumbup:

Camaro Freak 09-22-2010 06:42 PM

Would love to see this as well!!