Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   4.10s installed and in the wild! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65589)

IROCanSS 02-13-2010 08:33 AM

4.10s installed and in the wild!

This may get moved, but I got my 4.10s installed and I picked up my car yesterday. check out my review below.

they are AWESOME!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65529

I may be #2 installed but I AM #1 on the road! :) Sorry D! :D

TommyTSquared 02-13-2010 12:34 PM

You posted a thread on a board to say that you posted a thread on a different board?

newagemuscle 02-13-2010 12:50 PM

Just curious...what did just the gear and the install cost? I am considering the same.

IROCanSS 02-13-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyTSquared (Post 1478908)
You posted a thread on a board to say that you posted a thread on a different board?

Yea Ace, I did because the 4.10s are a pretty hot item and a lot of people are wondering about them and I wanted to let the people who were cruising the general forum that there was in fact a car out there with them if they had any questions. I didn't think it was necessary to post the entire thread again, since it is already somewhere else so I just linked it.

Sorry if you have a problem with that.

IROCanSS 02-13-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagemuscle (Post 1478941)
Just curious...what did just the gear and the install cost? I am considering the same.

You'd have to call your install shop. It was a good deal for me.

zen 02-13-2010 03:49 PM

How did they recalibrate your speedometer for the different gear ratio?

IROCanSS 02-13-2010 04:01 PM

the car is tuned

TommyTSquared 02-13-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 1479292)
Yea Ace, I did because the 4.10s are a pretty hot item and a lot of people are wondering about them and I wanted to let the people who were cruising the general forum that there was in fact a car out there with them if they had any questions. I didn't think it was necessary to post the entire thread again, since it is already somewhere else so I just linked it.

Sorry if you have a problem with that.

Just making sure I was understanding your logic Chief.

IROCanSS 02-14-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyTSquared (Post 1479724)
Just making sure I was understanding your logic Chief.

Me... logic... ??? :sm0: The jury is still out on that one.

I understand the redundancy (sp?) of double posting but in this case I thought it "may" be justified since I think a lot of people are considering this mod.

Depending on my mood, I probably would have said the same thing you did. I read a lot of your posts and you are a lot like me... huge smart a$$. I LIKE IT! People get too offended on here so easy!

Take care, Fonzie! :wave:

newagemuscle 02-14-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 1479297)
You'd have to call your install shop. It was a good deal for me.

I don't see whats so hard about giving me a ball park figure. So... what was your good deal?

baysinger 02-14-2010 03:00 PM

I like the idea of 373 or 411 gears. Back in the 60's, muscle cars with this kind of HP, came with these kind of gears. They were built to handle the HP unlike the cars of today. Cars like ours are made to meet fuel mileage requirements resulting in too high gearing and lighter and weaker components. My first car was a 1967 GTO Pontiac. I street raced it almost every Friday night never had any component failures

Qwkss 02-14-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagemuscle (Post 1481115)
I don't see whats so hard about giving me a ball park figure. So... what was your good deal?

Sent ya a PM.:)

TommyTSquared 02-14-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagemuscle (Post 1481115)

It's asked that prices, 'deals', and the likes aren't posted when it comes to actual values. This way someone doesn't post a price, then another person comes in saying they overpaid or got it at Shop X for half that, more than that, etc. It keeps things civil... or tries :laugh:. As Qwkss did, a lot of dealers/members/vendors are more than happy to send you a PM with a price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 1481014)
Me... logic... ??? :sm0: The jury is still out on that one.

I understand the redundancy (sp?) of double posting but in this case I thought it "may" be justified since I think a lot of people are considering this mod.

Depending on my mood, I probably would have said the same thing you did. I read a lot of your posts and you are a lot like me... huge smart a$$. I LIKE IT! People get too offended on here so easy!

Take care, Fonzie! :wave:

Aww come on! I was hoping we would go Dane Cook on this. With buddy, pal, chief, and end up at gaylord! :laugh:

:thumbsup: