Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   convertible top replacement (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291925)

'11 cyber grey vert 04-27-2013 05:01 PM

convertible top replacement

okay, here is part of the problem.

I just had my top replaced.It looks pretty good but will need adjustment as I am not happy with the way the seal at the back is sitting.My dealer's service manager said to wait a couple of weeks until the new fabric stretches out and then they will adjust it.

so here is the problem that I think is part of the reluctance of the gm dealers to touch these tops.

There is a 20-30 page service bulletin for the retrofit kit.

problem is gm only accounts for a 7 hour installation.my dealer has 36 hours invested in my repair and they have 40+ years of convertible top experience.

so, in some other cases it may not take 36 hours as my dealer was not happy with the way it was sitting/operating so they kept changing parts out until they were satisfied.

bottom line, it appears gm is not alotting the techs enough time to fix the tops.

hworth18 04-27-2013 09:13 PM

My dealer quoted me a day and a half to replace my top. I will see if they can do it in that amount of time or not.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 04-28-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert (Post 6476857)
okay, here is part of the problem.

I just had my top replaced.It looks pretty good but will need adjustment as I am not happy with the way the seal at the back is sitting.My dealer's service manager said to wait a couple of weeks until the new fabric stretches out and then they will adjust it.

so here is the problem that I think is part of the reluctance of the gm dealers to touch these tops.

There is a 20-30 page service bulletin for the retrofit kit.

problem is gm only accounts for a 7 hour installation.my dealer has 36 hours invested in my repair and they have 40+ years of convertible top experience.

so, in some other cases it may not take 36 hours as my dealer was not happy with the way it was sitting/operating so they kept changes parts out until they were satisfied.

bottom line, it appears gm is not alotting the techs enough time to fix the tops.

Sorry to hear about that,

I understand the frustration with having to make multiple dealership visits. If there's anything I can possibly assist with please let me know. I'd also like to monitor the repair adjustment process when you take the vehicle back to the dealer. Feel free to private message me your name, VIN, and vehicle message if that's okay. There may be some options I can explore in these matters.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

hworth18 05-03-2013 06:29 AM

Service had my car for 3 days installing the top. The fabric looks good, but just like '11 cyber grey vert, it needs to be adjusted. The edges aren't straight, the top is popping out behind the quarter windows and the cables werent run correctly. I'm taking it back in today to see what they can do about it and fix a ding that they put in my rear quarter panel while working on the top.

Bcarr 05-03-2013 04:59 PM

I hate reading about these issues. I haven't had a problem yet but mine spends most time in the garage. They need to get it figured out. If this happens to me and they don't have a permanent solution, I will move on...

Good luck to both of you!

'11 cyber grey vert 05-03-2013 08:35 PM

Thanks Bcarr,

the new top looks great, hopefully it performs as it should .My dealer just needs to adjust the back seal (at the trunk) on one side and should be all good...I must admit, it has been very annoying getting to this point as I had the other roof related repairs done last year ( broken 5th bow and water management bag) .

goldappa 05-09-2013 08:59 PM

Car is at the dealer getting the top replaced because of rub marks and holes from rubbing against the back trim. If I see any signs of the issues recur this car is gone.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-09-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldappa (Post 6525258)
Car is at the dealer getting the top replaced because of rub marks and holes from rubbing against the back trim. If I see any signs of the issues recur this car is gone.

Hello goldappa,

Sorry you’re having these issues with your convertible top. Please let us know how your dealer service repair experience goes and if there is anything I may be able to assist you with moving forward. Here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

goldappa 05-10-2013 05:51 PM

Wow. Dropped my car off yesterday and the new top is already installed. I'll pick it up on monday and see how it goes.