Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Camaro Fest Drag Racing-Part 1: Discussion for improvements (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311142)

HRD_WRK 08-04-2013 08:55 PM

Camaro Fest Drag Racing-Part 1: Discussion for improvements

Camaro Fest Drag Racing-Part 1: Discussion for improvements

This thread is to post your experiences, dissatisfaction, and suggestions on how to improve this portion of the Fest.

Lets try to keep in mind that although it's Fest #IV, organization and implementation is still evolving.

Thanks for your comments.

See or post in "Part 2" for more general discussions, pics, or videos.

Tim

:rolling5thgen:

HRD_WRK 08-04-2013 08:58 PM

My suggestions (minor org and communication)

1- Clearly set up, defined, and accessible parking sreas for Trailers at both the hotel and track.
At track -please keep in mind travel distance for accompanied pit guests to stands and cars being towed to lanes (was decent this year).

2- Post a copy of the Qualifying and Eliminations Ladder at the C5 tent, as done at my other typical events.

Thanks for your consideration.

MARINE1991 08-04-2013 09:00 PM

6. :clap2::clap2::confused0068::frusty::lol::pound:

Supercharged SS 08-04-2013 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my camaro fest 4 experience:

Supercharged SS 08-04-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRD_WRK (Post 6857477)
Unlimited heads up results copy here

Mudderfinger had this class won.

The Baron 08-04-2013 09:43 PM

I had a great time.. I kinda think putting Darth Erma and the LMR CARS, BOTH obviously shop built and maintained car in unlimited class was bullsxxt but other than that good all around experience. Ruined a good heads up zl1/blower ss class imop..

Supercharged SS 08-04-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Baron (Post 6857703)
I had a great time.. I kinda think putting Darth Erma and the LMR CARS, BOTH obviously shop built and maintained car in unlimited class was bullsxxt but other than that good all around experience. Ruined a good heads up zl1/blower ss class imop..

When you don't drive your car and bring 6 people to the line with you, yeah, that's a shop car. When you pay a shop to pit your car all wknd, shop car. You were running around shutting your own hood before your burnout. This class was butchered. The lmr car had the battery just sitting on the passenger floor holding a cable running under the hood with alligator clips. Tech? What's that? I'm glad my car broke. You guys were screwed over.

yotaman96 08-04-2013 09:50 PM

I made it to the semi finals in the unlimited class, but had to forfeit because my clutch pedal lost all pressure as I was slowing down from my last run. Had to forfeit. :mad2:

mlee 08-04-2013 09:51 PM

Soon as I get home I will post up the results and times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Merc 08-04-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6857586)

:frown:

Merc 08-04-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 6857740)
Soon as I get home I will post up the results and times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Have a safe trip home Bud.

:thumb:

Matze 08-05-2013 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I really enjoyed seeing you guys run down the track. Here is my favorite picture one of ours club members took of the '69s first pass Friday AM

Russell James 08-05-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matze (Post 6858752)
I really enjoyed seeing you guys run down the track. Here is my favorite picture one of ours club members took of the '69s first pass Friday AM

Thanks, cool pic of my '69. That first pass was an 8.75 @ 153. Track hooked amazingly sticky in the morning.

Matze 08-05-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell James (Post 6858845)
Thanks, cool pic of my '69. That first pass was an 8.75 @ 153. Track hooked amazingly sticky in the morning.

Mike posted this on our site, I just shared it here :coolpics:

lewylew 08-05-2013 09:58 AM

Overall had a great time.
To bad they ruined the unlimited class by putting 2 shop cars in it. Everyone one knows it was BS even the people at LUCAS. Any car with a billboard on the car obviously is a shop car. If it is your car you should drive it. The 2 of them should not have even been aloud to run being they did not qualify. They refused a guy in the modified class from running because he did not qualify. Then the way they lined them up with the 2 FASTEST UNLIMITED NON SHOP cars was also BS. Muddfinger and The Baron should have had a chance to win. That would have made for a great show. I totally lost interest when the IPS and LMR car were in this class.

OWNERS SHOULD DRIVE. I drove my car 9 hours and raced then drove home(no shop car here).

Something has to change.

rtcat600man 08-05-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matze (Post 6858752)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell James (Post 6858845)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matze (Post 6858917)
Mike posted this on our site, I just shared it here :coolpics:

Yes, that is my photo, and I have a ton more along with the times at the ends. I will complete the sorting and posting this week for all to enjoy.

SRT5939 08-05-2013 10:03 AM

A Vendors biggest mistake is to Race and compete with it's customers.
What a bad decision.
Hopefully the members know how to handle that choice a couple vendors made.
Hard to believe a member would go to that length to win a race that is supposed to be fun for all members.
Why did the folks in charge of the event allow this to happen? Is someone getting there pockets stuffed?
Is Speedster still involved in running this event? I'm sure he would not stand for this kind of behavior.
Hopefully it won't hurt next years attendance to much.
Good luck getting it resolved, hope next year things are done on a more fair and even playing field.

MudderFinger 08-05-2013 10:05 AM

Bad experience for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6857590)
Mudderfinger had this class won.

Yep, I had it until they added those 2 shop cars that did not belong in the class (LMR and IPS)that did not even participate in Qualifying. It screwed not only me but everyone that did participate in Qualifying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Baron (Post 6857703)

You are completely right to be upset about this.
The biggest points of how wrong this was and how bad it ruined the race are:
1. Those cars did not belong in an amateur, trophy only class. If you have a full paid race team, advertisement all over the car and can’t even drive your own car and have to hire a professional driver to complete in an amateur class. That itself is pitifully wrong. And I hope they feel a real accomplishment with the $10 trophy they practically paid for.

2. Those cars did not even participate in Qualifying, and if they they would have, they would have been the fastest qualifiers. That would of adjusted the ladder In a position that would of had me as third place qualifier running against the 7th place qualifier instead of running against an almost 8 second car that did not even participate in qualifying. This affected not only me but The Barron got beat up over this too.

3. If they had qualified and the ladder was put together properly The Barron and I would have had a chance to make to either semi-finals or finals. There is also the chance that those two could not avoid running against each other, and would open a spot for a legitimate (street)car to make it to finals.

4. Politics have no place in drag racing in my opinion.

Other than the completely screwed up drag race which was bull, I had a great time during the event, but now wish I did not even participate in the drag race at all. I have never seen anyone get away with this at any other racing event. If you did not properly qualify you should not be allowed in the class.

yotaman96 08-05-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewylew (Post 6858946)
Overall had a great time.
To bad they ruined the unlimited class by putting 2 shop cars in it. Everyone one knows it was BS even the people at LUCAS. Any car with a billboard on the car obviously is a shop car. If it is your car you should drive it. The 2 of them should not have even been aloud to run being they did not qualify. They refused a guy in the modified class from running because he did not qualify. Then the way they lined them up with the 2 FASTEST UNLIMITED NON SHOP cars was also BS. Muddfinger and The Baron should have had a chance to win. That would have made for a great show. I totally lost interest when the IPS and LMR car were in this class.

OWNERS SHOULD DRIVE. I drove my car 9 hours and raced then drove home(no shop car here).

Something has to change.

I completely agree with this. When they announced the winner, they called it a shop car and the entire shop went up to accept the trophy. They should have been in the shop car class.

2010SLVRBULIT 08-05-2013 10:08 AM

..so who won between IPS & LMR(been cool to watch)..

Retro69 08-05-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6857586)

What broke?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

lewylew 08-05-2013 10:24 AM

Thanks to Supercharged SS and Jannetty racing for there help this weekend.

BullF-16 08-05-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro69 (Post 6859022)
What broke?

His motor.

Supercharged SS 08-05-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT (Post 6858985)
..so who won between IPS & LMR(been cool to watch)..

IPS car red lighted. Lmr's car, which never teched in, won the class.

Supercharged SS 08-05-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro69 (Post 6859022)
What broke?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullF-16 (Post 6859110)
His motor.

Yup. Something let loose inside the engine. I'm not sure on the exact failure yet but in a few days ill have a better understanding on the cause and effect.

Supercharged SS 08-05-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MudderFinger (Post 6858972)

Yep, I had it until they added those 2 shop cars that did not belong in the class (LMR and IPS)that did not even participate in Qualifying. It screwed not only me but everyone that did participate in Qualifying.

You are completely right to be upset about this.
The biggest points of how wrong this was and how bad it ruined the race are:
1. Those cars did not belong in an amateur, trophy only class. If you have a full paid race team, advertisement all over the car and can’t even drive your own car and have to hire a professional driver to complete in an amateur class. That itself is pitifully wrong. And I hope they feel a real accomplishment with the $10 trophy they practically paid for.

2. Those cars did not even participate in Qualifying, and if they they would have, they would have been the fastest qualifiers. That would of adjusted the ladder In a position that would of had me as third place qualifier running against the 7th place qualifier instead of running against an almost 8 second car that did not even participate in qualifying. This affected not only me but The Barron got beat up over this too.

3. If they had qualified and the ladder was put together properly The Barron and I would have had a chance to make to either semi-finals or finals. There is also the chance that those two could not avoid running against each other, and would open a spot for a legitimate (street)car to make it to finals.

4. Politics have no place in drag racing in my opinion.

Other than the completely screwed up drag race which was bull, I had a great time during the event, but now wish I did not even participate in the drag race at all. I have never seen anyone get away with this at any other racing event. If you did not properly qualify you should not be allowed in the class.

Lets not forget that they called everyone to staging and the IPS car and the lmr car both stayed at the trailer for 30+ minutes cooling down while everyone was else was ready to go. The track announcer was going bullshit.

The lmr car shouldn't have been allowed on the track. Just a quick look showed countless tech problems:

1: It went 9.1 at 155. Had a 6 point cage and no chute.

2. Driver, not the owner, was racing in a t shirt.

3. No crotch belt.

4. Battery sitting on the floor of the passenger side. Just sitting there.

Supercharged SS 08-05-2013 10:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Lmr car:

KRIS10 08-05-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6859141)
3. No crotch belt.

Haha....he said crotch belt.

Sent using Tapatalk from my Galaxy III ♥

Merc 08-05-2013 11:07 AM

If it was a qualified ladder, nobody should be on ladder without making a qualifying pass period.:frusty: Further if it's multiple qualifying pass's you must alternate lanes as well.

:thumb:

Merc 08-05-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6859145)
Lmr car:

That's total BS and dangerous to say the least. Not mention no crotch strap or chute.:paddle: I just bought two extended capacity batteries for my laptop to data log Pumpkin this fall. Bad enough having a laptop flying around inside the car, a battery could be deadly.:doh:

f5journal 08-05-2013 11:20 AM

Maybe I'm glad I didn't make it. This stuff is not cool.

SSS-Sandy Hook...sorry to hear about your car

GretchenGotGrowl 08-05-2013 11:26 AM

I feel like a heel after the whole vert/roll bar thing. No tech/No run should apply to everyone.

Supercharged SS 08-05-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl (Post 6859278)
I feel like a heel after the whole vert/roll bar thing. No tech/No run should apply to everyone.

Yup. Me too. That dude should have just came and went. Tech was obviously quite lax. In the northeast they'll pull you for going fast with rubber valve stems. You need metal ones after a certain speed. Jeff looked the other way when I asked him about it. So if the track director could care less so will the rest of the staff.

This stuff needs to be cleared up before the next fest. They need to decide if its an actual event or an exhibition. Rules need to be in place and followed. It left a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

McBeevee 08-05-2013 11:33 AM

Wow, I wondered what the deal was with the shop cars running in your class. I just figured since it was happening you were all ok with it. That's a rough deal.....sorry for you guys.

McBeevee 08-05-2013 11:36 AM

Real sorry to hear about your car Supercharged. I hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Supercharged SS 08-05-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Never Satisfied (Post 6859314)
Wow, I wondered what the deal was with the shop cars running in your class. I just figured since it was happening you were all ok with it. That's a rough deal.....sorry for you guys.

There was no discussion about it. They just did it. The other unlimited cars had no choice.

Supercharged SS 08-05-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Never Satisfied (Post 6859328)
Real sorry to hear about your car Supercharged. I hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Thanks. Prob just a couple weeks. I'm gonna change out a bunch of other stuff as well.

Slickcas 08-05-2013 11:45 AM

That was the easiest tech I have Been through. Did not even ask me to open the hood. I could've had a NOS bottle mounted beside the supercharger lol.

Suppercharged SS even after your car broke it still sounded badass. And thanks for letting me fill up my air tank.

The Baron 08-05-2013 12:06 PM

I really didn't want to be a cry baby but its not like guys like me get v to do heads up racing very often.. I was having issues all weekend but should have never been paired first round with that car..

Supercharged SS 08-05-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcas (Post 6859384)

Suppercharged SS even after your car broke it still sounded badass. And thanks for letting me fill up my air tank.

Thank you. We were figuring 9.60's after the first pass or two. When its not eating itself it goes pretty good.