Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   I'm going to trade for a 'vert. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216030)

2SSRSinNC 04-12-2012 08:53 AM

I'm going to trade for a 'vert.

I've wanted a convertible for a while now. I am going to stick with the Camaro. I'm off work until Monday and plan on heading to Hendrick Chevrolet to see their inventory.

This time around I want the IOM interior. I haven't seen one yet so it seems best to order. With the '13's around the corner I'm tempted to wait for the ZL1 'verts. Buttt slapping my whipple on a '12 would make me happy.

Has anyone recently traded for the 'vert or plan on it? What did you end up doing?

BowtieBelle 04-12-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRSinNC (Post 4793947)
I've wanted a convertible for a while now. I am going to stick with the Camaro. I'm off work until Monday and plan on heading to Hendrick Chevrolet to see their inventory.

This time around I want the IOM interior. I haven't seen one yet so it seems best to order. With the '13's around the corner I'm tempted to wait for the ZL1 'verts. Buttt slapping my whipple on a '12 would make me happy.

Has anyone recently traded for the 'vert or plan on it? What did you end up doing?

I'd wait till the top issues are fixed... :iono:

motorhead 04-12-2012 09:03 AM

I see another "my top has rub marks, holes and 5th bow illness thread coming"

Good luck!

BowtieBelle 04-12-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 4793993)
I see another "my top has rub marks, holes and 5th bow illness thread coming"

Good luck!

:word:

woodj 04-12-2012 09:05 AM

I wouldn't hesitate. It comes with a warranty. I have no top issues. Just make sure you're aware of what the issues are and inspect the one you decide on. If it's going to have issues then it's probably already apparent. It may not be something your dealership is well versed in however. Too many verts on dealer lots are being sold with bad tops that are obvious to someone who knows what to look for.

austinjames 04-12-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieBelle (Post 4793983)
I'd wait till the top issues are fixed... :iono:

+100000 everyday I see another vert person complaining about rub marks.....

I read a thread the other day about a guy thats on his 4th new top.

Baba 04-12-2012 01:46 PM

Once you have your Camaro 'vert, cruising up I-81 doing about 90 mph, you're gonna sh*t yourself, realizing what a mind-blowing ride the 'vert truly is and that can't get get rid of your freakin' *permagrin*. :D

CooG 04-12-2012 02:07 PM

Remember guys.....not everyone is having rub issues. If it starts, there are fixes out there.

Having a convertible far exceeds some of the minor issues.

'11 cyber grey vert 04-12-2012 02:22 PM

nothing like a vert!!!
if you decide to get one,do your homework, know what to look for re:top issues.
get one built as late as possible ie march or april 2012, as some of the issues may have been resolved on the newest ones.
very important to know what to look for.some dealers still have verts with bad tops on their lots and don't even realize it.
Also talk to their service manager before you buy to see if they are aware of the top issues and all of the tsb's.Also inquire if they have repaired any with success.
if that dealership has not had experience dealing with top, try another dealer.Do this before you buy.You want to feel confident that you will be looked after should the need arise.
good luck!!!

theragtopguy 04-12-2012 02:41 PM

I love my 'Vert!!! Once you drop that top and run through the gears, you'll have a mile wide smile on your face :)

95birdible 04-12-2012 04:14 PM

Minor issues? Those of us that have issues would be to differ they are minor. However, if you are going to get one, get one that was built in February or later this year. The fixes are on the line per Jack Pantaleo the Camaro Brand Manager

thallman91 04-12-2012 04:22 PM

I've been very fortunate and have had no rub marks (born 3/18/11).

VA SSHEVY 04-12-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95birdible (Post 4796182)
Minor issues? Those of us that have issues would be to differ they are minor. However, if you are going to get one, get one that was built in February or later this year. The fixes are on the line per Jack Pantaleo the Camaro Brand Manager

Good to know. Need to figure when mine was actually built, but it's a '12 and I bought it in Nov '11. Guess that puts me in the danger zone, but I've noticed no issues. The top goes down just about every time I take it out...back up at each destination...down again to go home.

nytrorcr 04-12-2012 04:24 PM

Welcome aboard, thats what I did dought the coupe then got the vert, guess the top has been down about 50/50........you'll love it.