Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Mild2Wild works on ZL1! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216546)

FSTORG5 04-14-2012 07:14 PM

Mild2Wild works on ZL1!

2 Attachment(s)
Over the last couple of days I have been working with Ed of LEEACUSTOMS on the correct installation of the Mild 2 Wild system for the ZL1. It is a snap to install by just replacing the exhaust flap fuse (F8). But due to the tight fit of the cover we had to go another route similar to the Vette option using the seat fuse. I did have to trim a small amount of the cover at the slot in the top side to allow the 2 wires room to exit.

Remove the 20amp radio fuse and install it on the fuse tap where the white wire was and plug it back into the radio fuse spot with the red wire facing down (so the fuse tap should have the 10A as it was, with the 20A in front of it), leaving the red 10A in the tap as is, Install the white wire with the red spade into the exhaust fuse spot using the bottom position.

I will attach a pictures installed for reference.

Also the sweetest part is the programming to Home Link is a breeze. Simply hold the Mild 2 Wild remote 1-3 in. from the Home Link buttons, then press and hold the ON button at the same time as the Home Link button of your choice until Home Link flashes rapidly. Then do the same for the OFF button. The system now operates stock in the ON position. And always open in the OFF position. It stays in whichever position you leave it in, even on restarts. :thumbup:

Thanks Ed!

FSTORG5 04-14-2012 07:17 PM

I forgot to mention that I think we have a forum vendor that carry's them.

http://www.southerncarparts.com/cama...er-p-4039.html

FSTORG5 04-15-2012 02:13 PM

ZL1 Mild2Wild install

2 Attachment(s)
I posted in the modification section but started thinking that many people may not be looking in that section.

Over the last couple of days I have been working with Ed of LEEACUSTOMS on the correct installation of the Mild 2 Wild system for the ZL1. It is a snap to install by just replacing the exhaust flap fuse (F8). But due to the tight fit of the cover we had to go another route similar to the Vette option using the seat fuse. I did have to trim a small amount of the cover at the slot in the top side to allow the 2 wires room to exit.

Remove the 20amp radio fuse and install it on the fuse tap where the white wire was and plug it back into the radio fuse spot with the red wire facing down (so the fuse tap should have the 10A as it was, with the 20A in front of it), leaving the red 10A in the tap as is, Install the white wire with the red spade into the exhaust fuse spot using the bottom position.

I will attach a pictures installed for reference.

Also the sweetest part is the programming to Home Link is a breeze. Simply hold the Mild 2 Wild remote 1-3 in. from the Home Link buttons, then press and hold the ON button at the same time as the Home Link button of your choice until Home Link flashes rapidly. Then do the same for the OFF button. The system now operates stock in the ON position. And always open in the OFF position. It stays in whichever position you leave it in, even on restarts. :thumbup:

Thanks Ed.

There are several vendors on this forum that carry the Mild2Wild controller. southerncarparts and GMpartshouse to name a couple.

90503 04-15-2012 02:19 PM

Good Lord!!!...lol.....You guys are modding these things already!!??...lol...Enjoy!!
We're all rooting for you!

Meister@Torq 04-20-2012 08:18 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know we have these IN STOCK and ready to ship!!

506JTF 04-20-2012 11:03 AM

Is there a video?

Meister@Torq 04-20-2012 11:05 AM

Working on one shortly

506JTF 04-21-2012 09:59 AM

Are your exhaust valves open when the car is off? Or closed. Tried to install the mild2wild switch and the valves never moved. Is the zl1 different from the z06, where the valves are always open?

1st Gen Forever 04-21-2012 12:34 PM

I just ordered the mild 2 wild and pulled my fuse today. Fuse pull is perfect around town below 3k rpm. I'll most likely use the mild 2 wild as a way to reduce drone while cruising the freeway.

Good stuff!

FSTORG5 04-21-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 506JTF (Post 4841878)
Are your exhaust valves open when the car is off? Or closed. Tried to install the mild2wild switch and the valves never moved. Is the zl1 different from the z06, where the valves are always open?

They are open when off, both stock and fuse pulled or switched. To see them closing you will need someone in the car to bring up the RPMs.

If you have it installed you should be able to hold the rpms at 2000 and hear it opening and closing with the switch.

506JTF 04-21-2012 04:08 PM

Maybe our exhaust is broken. Haven't seen the valves open or close at all. Revving from idle, even when the fuses are put back to stock. Kinda disappointed. Anyone have a video of their zl1 that can demonstrate that it actually works? Did a straight fuse pull and it didnt seem to change the exhaust tone at all. No change at idle, no change during normal driving.

ShnOmac 04-23-2012 01:26 PM

Still no video...... :iono: Geesh hurry up people!

:D

Bell040 04-24-2012 11:27 AM

Well guys,

I had a DIY post in this thread about how to do this mod yourself without a $100 M2W electronics box...

That's fine, but the mods need to delete the entire DIY section if that is the case.

OldTimer 04-25-2012 09:28 PM

I had one installed today. The same one used in my Z06 vette. They replaced the fuse in the back rear qtr panel with the mild to wild. Taped the remote transmitter to the fuse box so it wouldn't rattle and works perfect. Purchased and installed at Corvettes of Houston.