Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Yet another IOM 1LE (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304318)

Fraxum 06-26-2013 11:51 PM

Yet another IOM 1LE

I liked the 2014s and was planning to order a 1LE. But then I made the mistake of looking at 2013s and discovered I was smitten by the 1LE in IOM. It is the negative of my current SS and looks bad a**. But no IOM in 2014. Sigh. So I decided to see how good a deal I could get on a '13. It turns out pretty good. I was disappointed that I would not have the Recaros, But I think I could buy a pair, sell my heated leather/vinyl front seats and still come out ahead with the money I saved.

Also in my quest I brought my 2011 almost back to stock for trade in evaluation and learned much in the process.

I plan to mod the 1LE more carefully and slowly. Appearance and sound system mods for now. More performance will come after baselining stock capabilities. I already tarted up my 1LE with a few SS leftover mods not in the pics yet.

Since my SS already was well modded suspension wise, the 1LE was not an overall improvement in handling. But the 1LE is sure on it's feet and a pleasure to drive stock. Loving it along with the 2012 and 2013 upgrades. Looking forward to making it better.

My drive home from the dealership was in this huge thunderstorm. Felt very secure in the 1LE.

Besides drag racing this 1LE will be auto-crossing too. I hope i can learn enough to keep it fun.

My 1LE Options:
  • 2SS
  • RS
  • NPP
  • Sunroof
  • 1LE
  • IOM Paint

2010 SSRS 06-26-2013 11:54 PM

Congrats, best color ever

Cooley 06-26-2013 11:57 PM

Gratz on your 1LE! I feel the same way about the IOM color scheme.

CamaroDreams76 06-27-2013 12:17 AM

very nice choice

markgws6 06-27-2013 09:11 AM

Congratulations! I like the body color engine cover. :thumbsup:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-27-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraxum (Post 6721698)
I liked the 2014s and was planning to order a 1LE. But then I made the mistake of looking at 2013s and discovered I was smitten by the 1LE in IOM. It is the negative of my current SS and looks bad a**. But no IOM in 2014. Sigh. So I decided to see how good a deal I could get on a '13. It turns out pretty good. I was disappointed that I would not have the Recaros, But I think I could buy a pair, sell my heated leather/vinyl front seats and still come out ahead with the money I saved.

Also in my quest I brought my 2011 almost back to stock for trade in evaluation and learned much in the process.

I plan to mod the 1LE more carefully and slowly. Appearance and sound system mods for now. More performance will come after baselining stock capabilities. I already tarted up my 1LE with a few SS leftover mods not in the pics yet.

Since my SS already was well modded suspension wise, the 1LE was not an overall improvement in handling. But the 1LE is sure on it's feet and a pleasure to drive stock. Loving it along with the 2012 and 2013 upgrades. Looking forward to making it better.

My drive home from the dealership was in this huge thunderstorm. Felt very secure in the 1LE.

Besides drag racing this 1LE will be auto-crossing too. I hope i can learn enough to keep it fun.

My 1LE Options:
  • 2SS
  • RS
  • NPP
  • Sunroof
  • 1LE
  • IOM Paint

Congratulations Fraxum!

This is a fine piece of work you have here. I find it especially cool the care Camaro owners take in customizing and making there vehicles their own. If their is anything we can do or questions we can answer for you along the way, do let us know. Drive safe and enjoy! :thumbsup:

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

SUKXOST 06-27-2013 11:18 AM

1LEs UNITE :P Congrats

JDP Sales 06-27-2013 11:27 AM

Congrats! Sucks they got rid of IOM..

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Mojave 06-27-2013 11:53 AM

Both those cars look great. Glad you found the perfect 1le for you

Fraxum 06-27-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sales@JDP (Post 6723081)
Congrats! Sucks they got rid of IOM..

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Yea, I was not a fan of IOM until I saw an IOM 1LE. As I searched for a 1LE I found a black one and drove that. I always buy black. But I kept getting drawn back to the IOM and thinking about how cool the orange sets off the Matte black color. By the end of my search the loaded (minus Nav) IOM 1LE was my top choice by far.

I was very excited walking into the dealer and seeing the IOM 1LE still there in the showroom. I wondered if my stalling on the deal would backfire and I would lose the car. But there it was among four 427 C6 convertibles. Even among that crowd it got the most attention.

Plus the IOM 1LE dealer treated me the best and gave me the best deal giving me more than I expected for my '11 SS and coming close to invoice on the 1LE. Well under considering the $1,500 cash back. Given the difference in the original list prices, I only lost around $3,300 per model year in depreciation. And since I bought an early 2011 I have had the car almost three years.

Drove it a bit in the very early morning and the 1LE is very close to the handling capability of my modded '11 SS. Part of that is the better tires, but still the 1LE feels very stable in turns with only a little understeer.

The shifter is almost as good as my Barton, so I will leave that alone for now. I will miss that tight throw though.

While I did full Poly bushings in my '11 I will stick with just inserts on the 1LE and a slightly stronger rear sway. Is the ZL1 bar a little beefier?

Let the mods begin! (Slowly, savoring each one.)

Fraxum 06-27-2013 12:44 PM

Digging NPP too! I will get the Mild to Wild switch. I like quieter on long trips. I had a hard time getting my skip shift Eliminator off my '11 SS. So I left it on, I need another one ASAP! And wheel locks.

PYROLYSIS 06-27-2013 03:23 PM

Congrats. Glad you got your favorite color. IOM isn't even in my top 5 but I like it way better than Red Rock Metallic.

Jmcsjcrs 06-27-2013 05:07 PM

Nice, I saw it on Elkins lot when I drove by

Fraxum 06-27-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmcsjcrs (Post 6724651)
Nice, I saw it on Elkins lot when I drove by

Yes! Small world.