Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   What are your thoughts and opinions of CF4? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311141)

OldJedi 08-04-2013 08:54 PM

What are your thoughts and opinions of CF4?

First I want to thank and commend Joe Bella and the entire Camaro 5 staff on a magnificent job organizing and working so hard to make this the best Camaro Fest ever. Second I also want to thank John Fitzpatrick, Scott Settlemier and the entire Chevy team for stepping up and helping to make Camaro Fest the best gathering in the country. The joint efforts and dedication of both staffs help to make this gathering second to none.

Here are some of my impressions and observations of the past few days. Chevrolet really stepped up big time this year. There were more Chevy engineers, managers, directors and support personnel than I ever remember seeing at any event ever. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to as many as a could. They covered so many different aspects of what makes up the entire Chevy/Camaro Team. There were two elements that were common to all of them. One was the pride they had in the job that they do. They just love working to make this vehicle the best car available in its market segment. The second element is they are all so down to earth and humble about what they do. I could approach any one of them and start a conversation like we had known each other for years. I learned so much about the little things that went into making the car and why certain pieces and designs were made in a particular fashion. I met with Aaron Link again this year and I figure he must think I am stalking him at this point, constantly asking him questions about the ZL1 and his driving impressions of the new Corvette. I know that John Fitzpatrick is glad I am gone because I was always so close and asking questions. But he always maintained a smile even though I know he really wanted a restraining order put in place.

I really do have to thank John though, not only for putting up with me, but also for making his 2014 CTF Corvette available for all of us to sit in, poke and prod. Hopefully we left the Vette with enough parts for him to get the car back to Detroit. Also a big thanks to John and Scott for bringing in the 12 disciples of which there are 15. I have heard so much about this mystic group it was nice to meet them in person. We spent time with Teri, Janet and some of the other disciples and found them to be very humble, knowledgeable and truly dedicated to this car. Both to it’s past history and it’s future history as well. Not that I am still jealous of them or anything! But I do have a much better understanding of who they are and I am glad Chevy made the effort to bring them to Camaro Fest.

A huge “Thank You” to Joe, BeckyD, Maureen and the rest of the Rodgers Chevrolet staff. Not only for the Pizza Party and hats but for being just such nice people and always willing to bend over backwards to help someone no matter how small or large the need.

Pete from Pedders and his dedication to making the CamaroCross the best that it can be. Always with safety first and most paramount. He was a constant ball of energy and I am pretty sure that all of the plasma in his system has been replaced with Red Bull in order to keep up with that level of perpetual motion.
Thanks also to all of the vendors that drove their rigs hundreds of miles to help make our cars faster and shinier, not necessarily in that order. My suitcase was quite a bit heavier with parts on the way home and caused some commotion getting it through TSA. It took them 10 minutes to figure out that the Moroso catch can in the suitcase was actually a non-destructive device.

My impressions of the new 2014 models are favorable, both for the Camaro and the new Corvette. It was very obvious to me that Chevy is putting in the time, engineering and money into making the seats and interior substantially better than the past. The new Recaro seats for the Camaro were a perfect fit for me. If I had driven my car up this year, I am pretty sure a set of Recaros would have been mysteriously exchanged over night. I did mention to John that existing owners of Camaros should be able to exchange their current seats for the the new Recaros at no expense. Several times in fact! Now you have a better understanding of why he was looking towards a restraining order.

We met a lot of new people at this years fest, like we always do. We look forward to meeting many more in the future. Once again thanks to everyone that had a hand in making this the best Camaro Fest ever. See you all in Bay City, Texas next year. Be safe.

radametz 08-04-2013 09:08 PM

This was my first Fest and I had an absolute blast!! The CamaroCross in my 1LE was an amazing experience and I'm extremely thankful for that opportunity...I got an award from one of the Camaro Disciples for their favorite car of the show...and I got a CAI in the silent auction. Along with meeting an talking with a lot of new people, including Chevrolet employees. I couldn't have asked for more from this past weekend and I REALLY hope I can join everyone in Texas in May.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

GbrilliantQ 08-04-2013 10:14 PM

Even though my car spent the entire fest at Mike Norris/ Raymonds performance. (Had to go home without it too). We had a blast. Saw old friends and met new ones.

I enjoyed test driving the volt too.... :)

From my Note

chicagojoe12 08-04-2013 10:34 PM

This was my first Fest and it was the best time Ive had in a long time. I suggest everyone thats iffy on going to go! its a blast everyone was friendly and just as excited about Camaros as I am

RubyCamaro 08-04-2013 10:46 PM

Totally loved it! I had a blast. (could you tell?) A great big Thank you to every one who worked to hard to make it a success. See you guys & gals next year!

skipinminn 08-04-2013 11:05 PM

GREAT time it BUT won't be BACK next YEAR Just to far to Drive :) Woodhaven cruise looks Like a Good Idea for August.

snizzle 08-05-2013 01:00 PM

The best part was the collection of fans, GM employees, and vendors as passionate about the Camaro as myself all in one place.

I won't be headed to Texas due to distance but understand the need to move it around to be fair.

toesuf94 08-05-2013 02:22 PM

I had a great time...hope to do it again sometime!

Camaro_Corvette 08-05-2013 02:29 PM

:word: on the Chevrolet employees. They brought what looked to be a small army. I was floored by their presence to the fest, and I can't wait till next year:happyanim: If I had time to thank every one of them I would have...

HaulnSS 08-05-2013 02:30 PM

I enjoyed myself and talking to the vendors, others, etc. This is the first I had been to and was surprised there weren't more vendors. Seems like a missed opportunity for alot of the vendors. I went with a pocket full of cash and came home with most of it.

Kycamaross 08-05-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x1sniper3x (Post 6857531)
This was my first Fest and I had an absolute blast!! The CamaroCross in my 1LE was an amazing experience and I'm extremely thankful for that opportunity...I got an award from one of the Camaro Disciples for their favorite car of the show...and I got a CAI in the silent auction. Along with meeting an talking with a lot of new people, including Chevrolet employees. I couldn't have asked for more from this past weekend and I REALLY hope I can join everyone in Texas in May.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Congrats on outbidding me x1sniper3x:thumb: After your bid, I just went over to Apex and purchased one so I could head back over to the hotel early for a shower.

Get that thing installed and enjoy :clap2:

LS3 SS 08-05-2013 03:15 PM

This was my first fest, and I am definitely hooked. I am still debating whether I will make the drive to Texas, but the atmosphere and fun at this year's fest is enough to make me want to attend every fest, ever year.

Big Kid 08-05-2013 03:29 PM

Once again one of the best CAMARO FAMILY REUNIONS. With everyone from design engineers to future owners, there was something for everyone! Even though I had to leave on Saturday morning, I had a GREAT time. But, was I the only one who noticed the car dash cards had the Camaro5Fest III logo on them????

PQ 08-05-2013 03:47 PM

For once in my life I have perfect attendance in something. :lol:

This was the first without my car though. Kinda sucked. I was REALLY looking forward to running it and had a goal in mind.

Did not matter. I still had no less of a good time. With each passing show it get's more and more familiar and comfortable as far as seeing people from the boards. Almost feels like the year did not even happen and we time warp from fest to fest and just pick up where we left off.

For us it's the ONE place that we can go and there is no looking for a good time. No wondering how the weekend will go. No wondering if we will have fun. It's just a flat out guaranty that we will have fun.