Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Ask Detailer's Domain (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100053)

DetailersDomain 08-11-2010 07:03 PM

Ask Detailer's Domain
 
We are happy to be a part of CAMARO5, so please let us know if you have anything you would like to see, suggestions, comments, etc. are welcome and invited.

We have found having this thread is great for forum members.

Let me know what's on your mind, how to apply something, tech questions on detailing?

I will try to answer it the best I can also welcome others to answer as well.


How to navigate - Detailer's Domain

Take a look you can do quite a bit on our site

Did you know -
- You can register at Detailer's Domain to get updates on your orders, order history, and create a wish list.
- You can Like Us on Facebook
- You can Follow Us on Twitter
- You can visit our Blog for news on detailing, see our detailing write ups, and more.
- We now have the Deal of the Day as well
- Also please subscribe to our mailing list to get exclusive deals and updates

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...dnavigate1.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...8gb/ddnav2.jpg

Nick@Adams 08-11-2010 07:23 PM

Bump for my boy Phil... hes a great detailer and stand up guy. He can definitely contribute a lot to this site with his expertise and advice.

svrds10 08-11-2010 07:27 PM

I have heard a lot of good things about you Phil. Glad to see you have joined the Camaro5 forums. Always nice to see another experienced car detailer around here offering up his experience and knowledge to others. :)

Mr. Wyndham 08-11-2010 07:29 PM

Welcome to the site, it's great to have you!! :clap:


I'm kinda curious what can be used to clean gray cloth seats. Over the course of a couple years -- the cloth has gained this brown hue from the not-so-clean conditions I work in. (It's not brown...but you can tell its dirty.)

In addition, there's a charcoal stain (about .5" by .125") on one of the seats...Lord knows how it got there.

You wouldn't happen to know of any miracle product or method to fix this, would you?

code3 ss 08-11-2010 07:29 PM

Wow! Great to see u on this forum. Q. Is there any possible way to remove epoxy glue that is dried up on the paint without damaging the paint job? Colorsand? Wax?

2LTRS 08-12-2010 12:08 AM

Welcome Abord C5 Phil!

DetailersDomain 08-12-2010 07:53 AM

thanks guys!

code3 ss, what about trying 3m adhesive remover. once you take it off be sure to polish and wax the area, the 3m will remove all the protection and may leave a slight haze in the paint, but you can polish it out.

DetailersDomain 08-12-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 2208926)
Welcome to the site, it's great to have you!! :clap:


I'm kinda curious what can be used to clean gray cloth seats. Over the course of a couple years -- the cloth has gained this brown hue from the not-so-clean conditions I work in. (It's not brown...but you can tell its dirty.)

In addition, there's a charcoal stain (about .5" by .125") on one of the seats...Lord knows how it got there.

You wouldn't happen to know of any miracle product or method to fix this, would you?


hmmm have you tried Adam's Carpet Upholstery Cleaner?

Viral 08-12-2010 02:57 PM

Hey Phil, question - my wife's acadia has a spill/stain on her leather seat. It appears to be glitter glue of some sort (no doubt from a daycare project that hadn't completely dried before taking it home). None of my normal leather cleaners & conditioners (Zymol, Zaino, Adams) made a dent.

Any ideas on what would be strong enough to dissolve the glue, but not harm the leather? I'm reluctant to just start randomly trying things. Thanks!

DetailersDomain 08-12-2010 03:01 PM

is it just a small spot?

Viral 08-12-2010 03:27 PM

Yes, pretty small. I'd say half a dime sized spot with 1 or 2 even smaller specks by it. I'm honestly surprised I haven't been able to pry it up with my fingernail, but it's on there strong and I don't want to stretch or tear the leather.

xBlackout_Camaro 08-12-2010 03:29 PM

I use the "ice" wax its a synthetic, i was wondering how long i should leave it on before rubbing off?
Thanks

DetailersDomain 08-12-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viral (Post 2212193)
Yes, pretty small. I'd say half a dime sized spot with 1 or 2 even smaller specks by it. I'm honestly surprised I haven't been able to pry it up with my fingernail, but it's on there strong and I don't want to stretch or tear the leather.

you can probably put a tiny bit of 3m adhesive remover on a towel and gently wipe it off, then clean it and condition it with a good leather product.

DetailersDomain 08-12-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xBlackout_Camaro (Post 2212203)
I use the "ice" wax its a synthetic, i was wondering how long i should leave it on before rubbing off?
Thanks

xblackout not sure what does the directions say on it, I have not used ICE yet.

Viral 08-12-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetailersDomain (Post 2212223)
you can probably put a tiny bit of 3m adhesive remover on a towel and gently wipe it off, then clean it and condition it with a good leather product.

Thanks Phil, I actually have some brand of adhesive remover at home (goo gone I think), but wasn't sure if it would harm the leather. I may give it a try.

Tallboy 08-12-2010 03:39 PM

I'll be taking delivery of a new 2LT in the next few weeks. Can I throw a "full detail" [clay, swirl mark remover, etc.] right away, or should I wait a bit?

I'm kind of a "hobby" detailer, and would rate myself as fair-to-middlin...

DetailersDomain 08-12-2010 04:29 PM

do you know when the production date of the car is? I have seen some camaro's fresh off the line you want to wait a few weeks.

washing should be fine.

I would hold off on polish/wax

Tallboy 08-12-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetailersDomain (Post 2212458)
do you know when the production date of the car is? I have seen some camaro's fresh off the line you want to wait a few weeks.

washing should be fine.

I would hold off on polish/wax

Being built next week.

DetailersDomain 08-12-2010 04:48 PM

To be on the safe side I would wait 30 days.

intense1 08-12-2010 04:56 PM

Welcome aboard Phil, its good to see you on these boards. I visited you a day after getting my new camaro, I listened to your advise and the products I picked up worked out awesome.

Nick@Adams 08-12-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viral (Post 2212241)
Thanks Phil, I actually have some brand of adhesive remover at home (goo gone I think), but wasn't sure if it would harm the leather. I may give it a try.

Should be safe, but be sure to fully neutralize the cleaner after use... also test a small inconspicuous area for color fastness before starting.

Did you try using an interior brush with the other leather products?

ron10 08-12-2010 06:20 PM

welcome.glad to have you on C5.

DetailersDomain 08-12-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intense1 (Post 2212548)
Welcome aboard Phil, its good to see you on these boards. I visited you a day after getting my new camaro, I listened to your advise and the products I picked up worked out awesome.

yes i do remember we had a great conversation : )

I'm glad all the products are working out. :thumbup:

firstmate 08-13-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viral (Post 2212241)
Thanks Phil, I actually have some brand of adhesive remover at home (goo gone I think), but wasn't sure if it would harm the leather. I may give it a try.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to use a Q-tip with the product instead of a towel, it might be much easier to keep it on just the area you need to apply the product to. That is if you haven't already gotten it off of there...

Detail Guru's, not sure if a Q-Tip would be bad to use on leather for any reason, so if so please let us know...

Just a thought!!!

Viral 08-13-2010 08:49 AM

Good idea firstmate, I may try that. I didn't have time to mess with it last night, so I'll try it this weekend. I'll use a drop on the front side of the seat to make sure it doesn't discolor the leather.

Phil - no, I didn't use a brush, only a microfiber towel.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.