Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GM CEO is going to drive a Camaro to D.C. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10165)

SSOOCH 12-01-2008 06:41 PM

GM CEO is going to drive a Camaro to D.C.
 
Well not really, but. Ford's CEO just announced he is going to be driving a Ford F-150 or a Focus from Detriot to D.C. when talks resume about the Government Aid the big three are looking for.

How kick @ss would it be if Rick Wagoner drove a new Camaro 2SS to D.C.?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/26682

kylepo 12-01-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSOOCH (Post 205753)
Well not really, but. Ford's CEO just announced he is going to be driving a Ford F-150 or a Focus from Detriot to D.C. when talks resume about the Government Aid the big three are looking for.

How kick @ss would it be if Rick Wagoner drove a new Camaro 2SS to D.C.?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/26682

congress would say that gm is out of touch for building that type of car in this economic climate. and if its an ss they will say detroit still does not get it building 8 cylinder sport coupes. you cannot win with these people.

Supermans 12-01-2008 06:56 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if Rick drives the new Volt up there.. That would send a message..

kylepo 12-01-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 205770)
Wouldn't it be nice if Rick drives the new Volt up there.. That would send a message..

that would. but I cannot imagine Alan Mulally pulling up with an f 150. new fusion hybrid maybe

camaropete 12-01-2008 07:27 PM

What about a Malibu hybrid? That would be nice.

The_Blur 12-01-2008 07:31 PM

I'd expect the Tahoe Hybrid because it is among the most fuel efficient and it shows that GM can still build what it builds best with new fuel technology.

headpunter 12-01-2008 07:33 PM

maybe mulalaly could fly a rocket ship, that would cost 1 billion dollars for the flight and then GM would look better then ford for not being rediculous. so gm could get some money and ford wouldn't

andyrew 12-01-2008 07:37 PM

How about if they all commute in a VW bus?


:P

VICTORY RED 1SS 12-01-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 205807)
maybe mulalaly could fly a rocket shit


..pfft...lol you said rocket shit...pfft..

Hylton 12-01-2008 07:45 PM

An SS Camaro would be one of the worst things he could drive there. Politiians would eat him up saying he out of tune with the Amercan people.

SS4EVER 12-01-2008 07:47 PM

Yeah as kick-ass as it would be, probably wouldn't be the best idea... :laugh:

fastball 12-01-2008 07:59 PM

Mullally driving an F-150 is just as bad a perception as Wagoner driving an SS Camaro would be.

I agree all three CEOs should drive their most economical vehicle either in production or ready to be produced. If I were Rick, I'd snatch the keys from the engineers working on the Volt and drive it to Capitol Hill. If it breaks down because it's not ready to go, there's always GM's 24 hour road side assistance :)

stovt001 12-01-2008 08:04 PM

If Wagoner, Mullaly, Nardelli, and Gettelfinger carpool in an Aveo, the slapstick comedy blockbuster would write itself. They could solve all their financial problems selling the rights to that film.

PsyDoc 12-01-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 205803)
I'd expect the Tahoe Hybrid because it is among the most fuel efficient and it shows that GM can still build what it builds best with new fuel technology.

The Tahoe Hybrid gets 21mpg City / 22mpg Hwy. How does that qualify it as being among the most fuel efficient? The Aveo and Cobalt are among GM's best fuel efficient cars (~26 city / 34 hwy). I'm not sure pulling up in an SUV would send a message of "change" to Congress.

camaropete 12-01-2008 08:09 PM

Maybe they should consider carpooling in this
http://saladwithsteve.com/agcar.gif

kanys 12-01-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaropete (Post 205852)
Maybe they should consider carpooling in this
http://saladwithsteve.com/agcar.gif

LOL! But seriously, I think Tahoe or Escalade (but probably not cause of the price) Hybrid would be sweet.

Rodrunner 12-01-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylepo (Post 205775)
that would. but I cannot imagine Alan Mulally pulling up with an f 150. new fusion hybrid maybe

Yeah....that's where Mulally went when he left Boeing. Well, maybe he could borrow an F-15 or YF-22 and make an entrance almost as dramatic as a rocket shit...err...I mean ship.


:blackvertshift: 2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto - ordered 10/18/08 - Polished Aluminums added 12/1/08

ShnOmac 12-01-2008 08:39 PM

I say take the GM corp plane. Tell them we are here to turn this company around so the jet stays!:chevy:



Ok prob not the best idea........ But its different than sucking up to 'em!

OUR72GTO 12-01-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shnomac77 (Post 205877)
I say take the GM corp plane. Tell them we are here to turn this company around so the jet stays!:chevy:



Ok prob not the best idea........ But its different than sucking up to 'em!

You missed that part last week ....... they traded it in.:rolleyes:

SS4EVER 12-01-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OUR72GTO (Post 205895)
You missed that part last week ....... they traded it in.:rolleyes:

lol they turned in 2 of their leased corporate jets, which means there went Lutz's.... They still got one more...

fastball 12-01-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaropete (Post 205852)
Maybe they should consider carpooling in this
http://saladwithsteve.com/agcar.gif


"The Ambiguously Gay Doooo-oh"


LMFAO!!!! :sm0:

DGthe3 12-02-2008 12:48 AM

Wagoner should take a Volt prototype to DC. Mullay? Fusion Hybrid. Nardelli? Aspen or Durango hybrid.



As for the Tahoe (and other two-modes), relative to other full sized SUV's, they get amazing fuel economy. Better city mileage than just about every midsized sedan. And the fuel savings over the non-hybrid versions is significantly more than any other hybrid on the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS4EVER (Post 205900)
lol they turned in 2 of their leased corporate jets, which means there went Lutz's.... They still got one more...

Lutz has his own jet. Then again, its foreign made . . .

TAG UR IT 12-02-2008 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 205770)
Wouldn't it be nice if Rick drives the new Volt up there.. That would send a message..

:word:

fad1 12-02-2008 02:26 AM

What ever the case, I hope they get the money, I want to see GM around for a long time.

Matrix 12-02-2008 02:54 AM

I think they should all shave their heads, wrap themselves up in a long white cloth, put in some sandals and a walking stick and walk it there!

Thats whats needed to shut congress up, but im sure they would find something to bitch about even then!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.