Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   LSA too old? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102354)

Gentry78 08-25-2010 12:33 AM

LSA too old?
 
Aright since the Z28 doesn't actually exist right now, by the time it does wouldn't the LSA be to old to stay as the engine. I'm thinking it will be something close just called a different name..:iono:




Just a thought

Sax1031 08-25-2010 12:43 AM

The LS3 is older than the LSA.

v6sonoma 08-25-2010 01:11 AM

Call it what ever you want. As long as it's under the hood. Who cares!!! :D

Gentry78 08-25-2010 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sax1031 (Post 2258094)
The LS3 is older than the LSA.

Aright I didn't know that :thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by v6sonoma (Post 2258122)
Call it what ever you want. As long as it's under the hood. Who cares!!! :D

Lol true

fielderLS3 08-25-2010 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gentry78 (Post 2258085)
Aright since the Z28 doesn't actually exist right now, by the time it does wouldn't the LSA be to old to stay as the engine. I'm thinking it will be something close just called a different name..:iono:




Just a thought

Look at it this way. If it is too "old" to be used, that means that what will be used will be even better.:drool:

The LSA will be the Z28 engine, though. (Unless GM decides to go all in and use the LS9:drool: ). It's will probably stay until supercharged versions of the Gen V's are ready.

garfin 08-25-2010 08:05 AM

If anybody has any doubts about the LSA, then I'd suggest they make a point of arranging to test drive a CTS-V. I'm thinkin' that experience might answer any questions about that engine. :D

FWIW, GM had a number of cars for the "Disciples" to drive this past weekend at the Milford Proving Grounds and there were 2 CTS-Vs available for us to thrash around - a coupe and a sedan.
In a nutshell, all of the Disciples who drove 1 or both of them were blown away by the performance of the car! :thumbup:

Best regardSS,

Elie

Shifty 6 08-25-2010 08:50 AM

I am curious as to how it is going to fit. I saw what Robin Lawrence had to do to get his LSA to fit. He had to really modify the top plenum. He was telling me there was a guy that modified the firewall, but I would think Chevy would choose not to modify the firewall. I suppose they could have a different stamping, or they could have a different plenum on top.

I think the spy photos genuinely point to a supercharged motor, but it will be interesting.

RedJewel2SS 08-25-2010 10:36 AM

its going to be a supercharged 6.2L V8... whether its the LSA or not.

but seeing how much modification has to be done to the current camaro to fit the LSA with it's tall supercharger under the hood and in front of the firewall, and how easy it is to install an LS9, i believe the Z28, or whatever they call it, might be a toned down version of the LS9! i'm betting on an even 600hp!

boxmonkeyracing 08-25-2010 10:50 AM

wow peoples expectations of engine development/life span is really low. but yea.


all we know really is this car that's been pictured has a sticker that says 6.2l sc on it. we don't know what's really under the hood. no engine bay pictures for one. two no confirmation at all from GM on this car and what's under the hood.


as with the speculation about the lsa and ls9. well there were rumors a long time ago of a third engine called the ls8. I wouldn't doubt that it might be a mix of the lsa/ls9 with a lower profile supercharger on it. but we will see.

2010 SSRS 08-25-2010 11:07 AM

all I need to hear is Supercharged :)

RedJewel2SS 08-25-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS (Post 2259275)
all I need to hear is Supercharged :)

and faster than a gt500!!!

Gentry78 08-25-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fielderLS3 (Post 2258239)
Look at it this way. If it is too "old" to be used, that means that what will be used will be even better.:drool:

The LSA will be the Z28 engine, though. (Unless GM decides to go all in and use the LS9:drool: ). It's will probably stay until supercharged versions of the Gen V's are ready.

:thumbsup:
Pretty much what I was thinking/hoping lol might be a possibility

Gentry78 08-25-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garfin (Post 2258578)
If anybody has any doubts about the LSA, then I'd suggest they make a point of arranging to test drive a CTS-V. I'm thinkin' that experience might answer any questions about that engine. :D

FWIW, GM had a number of cars for the "Disciples" to drive this past weekend at the Milford Proving Grounds and there were 2 CTS-Vs available for us to thrash around - a coupe and a sedan.
In a nutshell, all of the Disciples who drove 1 or both of them were blown away by the performance of the car! :thumbup:

Best regardSS,

Elie

:word: I got to to take one out one day that was brought in and we had to run it threw all the gears to test the trans...that was fun
:burnrubber:

Traction control was definitely a good idea, if you care about tires lol

OldJedi 08-26-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gentry78 (Post 2258085)
Aright since the Z28 doesn't actually exist right now, by the time it does wouldn't the LSA be to old to stay as the engine. I'm thinking it will be something close just called a different name..:iono:




Just a thought

My gut feeling is that the Z/28 will have both LSA and LS9 parts and come in around 575 to 585 HP. I have nothing to base this on other than speculation and Chevy's very serious approach to make the Z/28 something special.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.