Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Many Cancelling Order if no ABL (ambient lighting) ? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10735)

Scott@Bjorn3D 12-18-2008 11:53 AM

How Many Cancelling Order if no ABL (ambient lighting) ?

Seems like this issue is buried in several threads. I think we need to voice here where GM can see it.

I myself will keep my order. I wanted this car since 2006 and it is not a deal breaker.

2010 Camaro Dude 12-18-2008 11:55 AM

Same here I want the car some of the extras are just bonus.

TheClassicCarKid 12-18-2008 11:58 AM

And ABL is...

Captain Awesome 12-18-2008 11:59 AM

AmBient Lighting?

(Not the acronym I would have chosen...)

Alarick 12-18-2008 12:11 PM

I will not cancel my order, but unless it is made very clear that it will be able to be added easily as a dealer installed option later on (and reasonably priced) I will postpone my order until the ABL is ready.

One of the three things that really wow'ed me about the interior was the lighting, and if that's gone that will make two of the three unavailable at launch...

camaro5 12-18-2008 12:17 PM

There will be aftermarket or GM parts kits available.

SS22 12-18-2008 12:44 PM

I thought it came with the rs package, was there a change?

Legend 12-18-2008 01:31 PM

I'll still order but would def like to know I can get it later as a dealer installed option!

OldTimer 12-18-2008 01:52 PM

This is really disappointing. If no ambient lighting I will not cancel my order, I will leave it with the dealer and then just not take delivery on it. That way they will have a camaro to sell on their show room floor. My dealer has been very helpful and friendly and if I decide I don't want it for any reason I would like for them to end up with it.

Yesterday I mentioned in a post that buying a red tag corvette was not an option for me. I am thinking now it just might be. Great price and can get HUD, navigation, etc....

I will pay a little more but price was not that big a factor in my buying the camaro in the first place. I feel for GM as it is these types of things that really make them look bad. Hopefully, the average consumer won't know the difference.

Since it was the enthusiasts that ordered the majority of the first run camaro's (big assumption on my part) it could really hurt GM if many cancel now.

Camaro_Corvette 12-18-2008 01:53 PM

Not a deal breaker for me. Just give me my 6spd manual! But my wife was ecstatic about the ambient lighting, she thinks it looks cool so GM still needs to provide it without a doubt.

TAG UR IT 12-18-2008 01:57 PM

I will not cancel, but I WILL postpone until it does come out. If the final is NO ABL, then I will get the car. But, as I have said in the other thread, I will EXPECT to see a price difference.

zebra 12-18-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS22 (Post 220239)
I thought it came with the rs package, was there a change?

it's only part of the 2LT/2SS packages with the leather and other bells & whistles...

and when i order i definitely won't cancel on account of ABL (i'm getting 1SS)
i do plan to add it later, though

diddiyo 12-18-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 220295)
I will EXPECT to see a price difference.

:word:

anyway, why are they cancelling it all of a sudden?!

blueforza 12-18-2008 02:38 PM

We better be getting it I don't mind paying for it as I already thought I was on the my 2ss/rs.

PYROLYSIS 12-18-2008 02:44 PM

Has anyone even heard official news from a RELIABLE source that the ambient lighting is getting cancelled? If not, why waste time with specualtion?

Camaro_Corvette 12-18-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diddiyo (Post 220333)
:word:

anyway, why are they cancelling it all of a sudden?!

I think with all of the discussion of it not being finished so close to production, some people are guessing that it is gonna be canned as an option. It hasn't been canceled yet, and I'm not to worried about it. I think they will get it done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 220348)
Has anyone even heard official news from a RELIABLE source that the ambient lighting is getting cancelled? If not, why waste time with specualtion?

What! We here at camaro5 love to speculate.:D :laugh:

Never2LowChevy 12-18-2008 03:03 PM

I wont be canceling my order cause of some lights on the int.! Ive already put ambiant lighting in a couple other cars and its not hard to do at all, and with the camaro being set up for it it will be super easy to do. The bolt on stuff like the ambiant lighting and the cheap looking "race inspired" fuel door, vynil stickers, ect... shouldnt be a deal breaker for anybody unless your the type of person that doesnt even know how to put air in a tire.

FenwickHockey65 12-18-2008 03:07 PM

Okay...

NOBODY has said that it's being cancelled.

Until Scott or someone else from GM comes out and says that it's taking too long or it's costing too much money, there is no reason to cancel any orders.

TJ91 12-18-2008 03:09 PM

if i dont get ambient lighting, i think i would be really pissed since i am expecting the lighting with my 2LT, they better drop the price a little then, reguardless, i think they will have it completed the way they want, we already know that they have the lighting, it just doesnt work the way they want it to just yet, but its still there, so im sure they will pull through the little hurtle

Supermans 12-18-2008 03:11 PM

I ordered the 1SS so I'm not too upset. However the price of the 2SS should come come down if it is canceled in the first run. The HUD we all know is canceled for the first run so this doesn't surprise me..

Arioch 12-18-2008 03:13 PM

I would cancel my order unless:

1. If no price cut, dealer installs for free later (on 2LT/2SS models) this would have to be in writing somewhere cause I dont want the car and then later someone going... oh we never said we'd install that option later
2. Price cut to reflect loss of option AND it is available for purchase later and installed at dealership (on 2LT/2SS models) when the bugs are worked out

GTAHVIT 12-18-2008 03:59 PM

Not gonna bother me one bit..

2010_5thgen 12-18-2008 04:05 PM

what!! did they cancel the ambient lighting for the car? not blue or orange or yellow or anything?

Camaro_Corvette 12-18-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen (Post 220442)
what!! did they cancel the ambient lighting for the car? not blue or orange or yellow or anything?

No they haven't. This is an IF they end up canceling it thread!

2010_5thgen 12-18-2008 04:10 PM

what reason do we have to believe that they will be canceling it?