Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Sun Roof? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10775)

FlaSS 12-19-2008 02:49 PM

Sun Roof?
 
Any good pics of a car with the sunroof?

What about the double bump on the roof, how is the sunroof going to deal with that?

And, is the Sunroof going to slide open, inside or outside? Or, just tilt open?

Thanks for any info.

Camaro_Corvette 12-19-2008 03:02 PM

Welcome to camaro5:wave:

This should answer most of your questions

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=sunroof

Albion 12-24-2008 02:16 PM

IMO,the sun-roof looks like a cheap after thought.Doing absolutely no justice to the effort that has been put into the rest of the car.

MerF 12-24-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albion (Post 225067)
IMO,the sun-roof looks like a cheap after thought.Doing absolutely no justice to the effort that has been put into the rest of the car.

Ironically enough, when we asked about it they explained it. Turns out they were concerned about raising the roof too high to make the car look awkward, but they wanted to be able to slide the glass into the roof (like you were probably expecting). But the designs took away from too much headroom in the car, and they made the wise decision to forgo the hidden sunroof and use the design you see now.

At least that is how I remember Scott explaining it to us.

2010_5thgen 12-24-2008 02:31 PM

there are no good pics of the sunroof because it looks terrible opened. and it looks so terrible because they had to make it go outside the car when open, to give us a good low roof line.

stovt001 12-24-2008 02:40 PM

Yeah, I was going to order a sunroof, but those pictures make it look not so good, especially when you remember you also loose the reverse mohawk. I'll be saving my money and not checking that option box.

2010_5thgen 12-24-2008 03:01 PM

yeah i didnt order it on mine. the hard top with rev. mohawk looks so much better.

WCoolBreeze 12-25-2008 02:15 AM

I have a 2LT/RS, RJT, Cyber Grey Metalic Stripes, 20" Polished wheels, and Sunroof on order. My question is how does the inside of the car look with the sunroof and how does it look without it. I also have a 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T that has a sunroof and the overhead console ends just before the sunroof opening, it also has a inside cover that shields you from the sun when the sunroof is closed, also the sunroof slides into the roof behind it. I know that on the Camaro the sunroof opens upo, outside of the roof. If there are any pictures of how this area looks in a Camaro with and without a sunroof, could they please be posted.

Walt B.

paulm85 12-25-2008 11:00 AM

I am not sure if those pictures are out there Walt, I have been looking at a crapload of pictures of this car and all kinds of different angles. I have never seen what the overhead inside looks like with or without the sunroof. I am sure if there are some then they will be posted though.

I am also one of the ones who ordered a fully loaded 2ss without the roof. I need as much headroom as possible, being 6'4", and also because the roof line looks terrible with it open IMO.

fastball 12-25-2008 02:13 PM

The problem is I can go to any reputable aftermarket and have a quality moonroof installed that opens INTO the roof, with minimal headroom loss.

I rather doubt GM's engineers on this tidbit.

MerF 12-26-2008 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastball (Post 225455)
The problem is I can go to any reputable aftermarket and have a quality moonroof installed that opens INTO the roof, with minimal headroom loss.

I rather doubt GM's engineers on this tidbit.

Minimal is more than zero. Apparently to get the roof lines they wanted they cut it down to the wire.

Rodrunner 12-26-2008 11:20 AM

This thread just appeared with good shots of it open, i.e. up over the roof http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10963

fastball 12-26-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 225695)
Minimal is more than zero. Apparently to get the roof lines they wanted they cut it down to the wire.


And I would have been more than happy to have a few inches less of headroom...... you're buying a personal performance coupe. You want head room buy a school bus.

That's the approach GM's engineers should have taken.

Mr. Wyndham 12-26-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 225076)
Ironically enough, when we asked about it they explained it. Turns out they were concerned about raising the roof too high to make the car look awkward, but they wanted to be able to slide the glass into the roof (like you were probably expecting). But the designs took away from too much headroom in the car, and they made the wise decision to forgo the hidden sunroof and use the design you see now.

At least that is how I remember Scott explaining it to us.

That's 100% right. What looks like an afterthought was actually looked at VERY closely...I think we all might be surprised at how many different attempts they went through before arriving at a decision.


Quote:

Originally Posted by fastball (Post 225947)
And I would have been more than happy to have a few inches less of headroom...... you're buying a personal performance coupe. You want head room buy a school bus.

That's the approach GM's engineers should have taken.

They probably did that with HVAC, integrated nav, among many other things. When you're marketing to new audiences while still in a highly competitive segment, you can't rough house your way through everything and expect people to like it. I don't know how tall you are; but an inch can mean the world to taller people, and those who like to sit higher in their seats.:iono:

imo, I don't like any sunroof; but I prefer this design to the in-roof design. I think it adds flair when its open. :D:D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.