Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   DIY Heritage Grille Install - (Remove and Reinstall Front Bumper/Fascia) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112831)

GTAHVIT 10-26-2010 11:53 PM

DIY Heritage Grille Install - (Remove and Reinstall Front Bumper/Fascia)
 
I tried to get a pretty detailed walkthrough of the install. Hope it helps.

:thumbsup:


Part 1


Part 2

khabboub 10-27-2010 12:04 AM

this is super helpful, i am going to be using this on friday to take off my bumper so i can install the OEM RS lights.

GTAHVIT 10-27-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khabboub (Post 2486036)
this is super helpful, i am going to be using this on friday to take off my bumper so i can install the OEM RS lights.

Cool!

BWProductions 10-27-2010 03:08 AM

THANK YOU!! finally a DIY

y2k king 10-27-2010 07:36 AM

thanks, i've got one sittin in my living room waitin on my car right now.:thumbsup:

GTAHVIT 10-27-2010 10:38 AM

You guys are very welcome.

:thumbsup:

mbrusco103 10-27-2010 11:14 PM

Looks good!.. Me and my friend just installed one on his camaro and we have a little problem with the hood not lining up right. the hood comes down further than the front fascia.. any ideas?

GTAHVIT 10-28-2010 12:18 AM

I would check to see if the plastic fasteners that attach the top of the facia to the frame are installed correctly. The Fascia is pretty flexible. So, there may be something stuck underneath it or the plastic fastners aren't installed right. Remember both pieces of the plastic fastener go on top of the fascia. Not one underneath and one above.

maybe that's it. :iono: if you can take a pic it might help.

:thumbsup:

mbrusco103 10-28-2010 12:56 AM

we will check it out this weekend I have a feeling the grille isn't snapped in all the way .. I'll be sure to post back when we work on it .. thanks!

Merc 10-28-2010 01:01 AM

Cool mine is waiting for paint.:thumbsup:

hot ss 10-28-2010 01:33 AM

ive been dropping hints for that grille for xmas!

patrickt 10-29-2010 10:14 PM

nice writeup!

68/2010 10-29-2010 10:19 PM

Thanks, Mine's getting installed tomorrow.

GTAHVIT 10-30-2010 01:00 PM

My pleasure guys.

:thumbsup:

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet 10-30-2010 01:15 PM

Excellent video!!!
I loved the closed captioning....:wub:
the comments are priceless....:sm0:

Thanks Chris! :thumbsup:

68/2010 10-30-2010 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine.My husband watched and went by the video. It helped him alot. Thanks again.

GTAHVIT 10-30-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68/2010 (Post 2499209)
Here's mine.My husband watched and went by the video. It helped him alot. Thanks again.

AWESOME!!!!

I'm very glad it helped.

Looks great.

jagan323 10-30-2010 11:15 PM

Great tutorial sir!

GTAHVIT 10-31-2010 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagan323 (Post 2499707)
Great tutorial sir!

:D

afireinside 11-03-2010 11:21 PM

Ya thanks will be using this info soon!

mbrusco103 11-03-2010 11:33 PM

sorry I forgot to post back but it turns out that the problem was the 2 torx screws on the plate by the hinge was in too tight and that pushes up the front fascia making it not line up properly .. I just wish I noticed that before taking off the whole front bumper again lol

GTAHVIT 11-04-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbrusco103 (Post 2513581)
sorry I forgot to post back but it turns out that the problem was the 2 torx screws on the plate by the hinge was in too tight and that pushes up the front fascia making it not line up properly .. I just wish I noticed that before taking off the whole front bumper again lol

Glad you figured it out.

ffrcobra_65 11-04-2010 03:22 PM

thanks for the vids G. I have had the heritage grill since it first came out, still in the box in my garage waiting for me to install it. Your vids inpired me and gave me confidence I can do it right. Thanks again.

GTAHVIT 11-04-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 (Post 2515448)
thanks for the vids G. I have had the heritage grill since it first came out, still in the box in my garage waiting for me to install it. Your vids inpired me and gave me confidence I can do it right. Thanks again.

You are very welcome. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm.

:thumbsup:

2010IBMSS 11-04-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbrusco103 (Post 2513581)
sorry I forgot to post back but it turns out that the problem was the 2 torx screws on the plate by the hinge was in too tight and that pushes up the front fascia making it not line up properly .. I just wish I noticed that before taking off the whole front bumper again lol


can you take a pic of the bolts that you are talking about, just for reference...please?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.