Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Street Runners!?!?!? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113123)

2011 5.0 10-28-2010 07:34 PM

Street Runners!?!?!?

Anyone hear of them? One in a VW challenged me to a street race. :bellyroll: Pulled up next to him and got his hopes up. Revved the engine and everything. Only thing I forgot to do is mash the gas.:rolleyes: Street racing is so stupid and Dangerous. Their afraid to go to the track that's meant for racing because their afraid to see their times lol. :sm0:

Synerbee 10-28-2010 08:54 PM

Haha that awesome
what's a mustang anyways?

Txmxracer 10-28-2010 11:17 PM

Haha nice story!
Side note: are there any mods done to your mustang? A 12.77 is a pretty good time if it is stock.

Mr CLuTcH 10-29-2010 12:35 AM

I had a 370z last night on the highway who wanted to "go at it". :facepalm:
StreetRacing is dangerous and stupid......

So I smoked his ass........

a_Username 10-29-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH (Post 2494027)

lmao. :sm0:

2011 5.0 10-29-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txmxracer (Post 2493796)
Haha nice story!
Side note: are there any mods done to your mustang? A 12.77 is a pretty good time if it is stock.

Tune and Exhaust. :thumbsup:

Revo1 10-29-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011 5.0 (Post 2492827)
Anyone hear of them? One in a VW challenged me to a street race. :bellyroll: Pulled up next to him and got his hopes up. Revved the engine and everything. Only thing I forgot to do is mash the gas.:rolleyes: Street racing is so stupid and Dangerous. Their afraid to go to the track that's meant for racing because their afraid to see their times lol. :sm0:

:laugh: Win

kaler 10-30-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH (Post 2494027)

:headbang::clap::clap::clap:

Mr CLuTcH 10-30-2010 01:16 AM

:rules: Note, you guys should never street-race! We all can agree it's dangerous and stupid. We as Camaro owners should never take pride in street-racing. It's not the right-thing-to-do. Whenever a ricer, or a car of inferior performance ever revs his engine or challenges you to a street-race, you turn him down, you should literally WALK AWAY. When he is next to you coasting you at 60mph just egging you on while your minding your own business, the best thing to do is just leave the scene and and act like a sensible Camaro owner.

You first shift into "sport mode", then you hit the "competitive mode" button,....ignore the aggressive wording and performance terms which you car uses to describe it's different modes, sport competitive mode just means "im going to politely walk away....very fast" mode, it doesn't mean your going to race anyone. So after putting your car in this mode,...in a respectable manner, you look to the left, honk 3 times, then apply maximum pressure to your cars gas pedal! You will then have effectively avoided a street-race, because your would be opponent inadvertently plead "no contest" as you casually walked away from him.

Remember, whenever trying to avoid street-racing, alway use (S)walk mode, it's the only polite way of saying "I don't wanna race". ;)

2011 5.0 10-30-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH (Post 2497396)
:rules: Note, you guys should never street-race! We all can agree it's dangerous and stupid. We as Camaro owners should never take pride in street-racing. It's not the right-thing-to-do. Whenever a ricer, or a car of inferior performance ever revs his engine or challenges you to a street-race, you turn him down, you should literally WALK AWAY. When he is next to you coasting you at 60mph just egging you on while your minding your own business, the best thing to do is just leave the scene and and act like a sensible Camaro owner.

You first shift into "sport mode", then you hit the "competitive mode" button,....ignore the aggressive wording and performance terms which you car uses to describe it's different modes, sport competitive mode just means "im going to politely walk away....very fast" mode, it doesn't mean your going to race anyone. So after putting your car in this mode,...in a respectable manner, you look to the left, honk 3 times, then apply maximum pressure to your cars gas pedal! You will then have effectively avoided a street-race, because your would be opponent inadvertently plead "no contest" as you casually walked away from him.

Remember, whenever trying to avoid street-racing, alway use (S)walk mode, it's the only polite way of saying "I don't wanna race". ;)

I didn't race! :thumbsup:

mrray13 10-30-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH (Post 2497396)

:sm0:

2011 5.0 10-31-2010 02:18 PM

LOL

carguy_z28 10-31-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011 5.0 (Post 2497062)
Tune and Exhaust. :thumbsup:

You must have spun pretty badly, or do you have the 3.55's? I ran a 12.8 consistantly with horrible 60' times due to wheel spin, when I was bone stock...

REEFBLUE93 10-31-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carguy_z28 (Post 2502213)
You must have spun pretty badly, or do you have the 3.55's? I ran a 12.8 consistantly with horrible 60' times due to wheel spin, when I was bone stock...

:popcorn: