Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ambient lighting (ABL) picture new (I think) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11868)

maxdmax 01-17-2009 04:59 AM

Ambient lighting (ABL) picture new (I think)

I have not seen this posted, but if it has been I am sorry. It looks like a older pre-production car, maybe it is so old I can not find it. I just had not seen it before and I know a lot of people really like this. At least it shows what the ABL was possibly going to look like. If it is a re-post Mods please delete it.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...ide_2010_2.jpg

blackZbandit 01-17-2009 05:00 AM

That's the Concept interior buddy... thanks, but no cigar.

Xanthos 01-17-2009 05:06 AM

And speaking of the concept interior...

I think the production interior looks better. I love the concept interior, but its just too overdone. The only thing I really like better is the horn button on the steering wheel.
- Xanthos

jeffny09 01-17-2009 05:47 AM

Ok the2ss comes with standard abl right? If so what color will it b?

fad1 01-17-2009 08:02 AM

^^^ blue

maxdmax 01-17-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffny09 (Post 251560)
Ok the2ss comes with standard abl right? If so what color will it b?

We hope ABL will be on our cars, at this point it is not a given.

The_Blur 01-17-2009 09:43 AM

As stated previously, that is the concept. It still amazes me how closely GM stuck to the concept.

The Great KJ 01-17-2009 09:49 AM

Still nice to see it again and again............

King Mouse 01-17-2009 09:54 AM

The metal treatment on that dash is amazing!

TJ91 01-17-2009 12:29 PM

I cant believe they made the interior better from the concept interior. The concept interior was really nice, but our production interior is soo much better, but the concept steering wheel wouldve been nice, i know i know, Saftey regulations and all, but it was a nice steering wheel

Mr_Draco 01-17-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 251840)
the concept steering wheel wouldve been nice,

metal steering wheel? No thanks. would have been froze your hands off in the winter and would have been way too hot in the summer.

Xanthos 01-18-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 251850)
metal steering wheel? No thanks. would have been froze your hands off in the winter and would have been way too hot in the summer.

I would want the outer section of the steering wheel to remain like the production wheel but with the center section from the concept.

Maybe I can take one of the metallic fuel doors and modify it to fit on the steering wheel...

Seems like a lot of work though and I'm not sure it would even be possible.
- Xanthos

Mr. Wyndham 01-18-2009 12:58 AM

I definitely like the production interior better...which is saying A LOT because I love this one. :bow:

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 252854)
Seems like a lot of work though and I'm not sure it would even be possible.
- Xanthos

And if the airbag ever deploys you'll have a great big dent in your head that says "Camaro". :bellyroll:

TheMadHatter99 01-18-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 251545)

I think the production interior looks better. I love the concept interior, but its just too overdone. The only thing I really like better is the horn button on the steering wheel.
- Xanthos

I still want the concept's shifter. That was my favorite part of the whole car. I'm pretty tired of rubber and leather shift boots.

Justin 01-18-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 251545)

- Xanthos

I actually like the production model better all around. Earlier I saw someone with one of the "Heaven just couldn't handle all the noise" images in their sig with the concept and realized how much better the nose of the production car looks. The concept was too pointy and the roofline was just a bit too low to look comfortable.

Edit: And Dragon, at least people would know what he drives. :-P

Xanthos 01-18-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 252868)
And if the airbag ever deploys you'll have a great big dent in your head that says "Camaro". :bellyroll:

You know, I never even thought of that.

Maybe I should just make a mold of the fuel door and then make a plastic horn button off of that mold?

Bah, I'll just stick with the stock one. It looks good enough.
- Xanthos

Mr. Wyndham 01-18-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 253200)
Edit: And Dragon, at least people would know what he drives. :-P

That's for sure!! :sm0:

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 253390)
You know, I never even thought of that.

Maybe I should just make a mold of the fuel door and then make a plastic horn button off of that mold?

Bah, I'll just stick with the stock one. It looks good enough.
- Xanthos

Acrylic for the win!!! See if someone sells acrylic molding compound, or something similar (plastics, rubbers). You can make your own mold from the part. Then you could pour the acrylic, etc into the mold, paint it black or chrome, and vuala!! Custom steering wheel center!:D

If it interests you, you can try this for starters:
http://www.smooth-on.com/Sculpture-a...239/index.html