Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What tires should I get if I'm euro trash? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128086)

SwedishMeatballs 02-07-2011 01:54 PM

What tires should I get if I'm euro trash?

Haha. Ok the first thing you need to know is that I'm in Sweden, Europe and everything here is really expensive compared to what you U.S folk are used to. For instance the RRP for the 20" Pzero's is 5.600 SEK which converts to TADAAA $860 BUCKS A POP!!! Times 4 tires right .. not gonna happen.

Ok the USD is quite cheap now which I really will enjoy when I go to the States this summer, but you get the idea. It's hella expensive.

So if I don't feel that I need the PZERO's, what other decent tire can I get? The Camaro is my daily driver so I don't need some high velocity tire or something like that, I'm really careful about the car but I want to have fun occationally ofcourse.

Any ideas?

customkingz.de 02-07-2011 02:35 PM

I can send you some from Germany if interested. We have good prices on tires here.

PM me.

cab2g 02-07-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs (Post 2812985)
Haha. Ok the first thing you need to know is that I'm in Sweden, Europe and everything here is really expensive compared to what you U.S folk are used to. For instance the RRP for the 20" Pzero's is 5.600 SEK which converts to TADAAA $860 BUCKS A POP!!! Times 4 tires right .. not gonna happen.

Ok the USD is quite cheap now which I really will enjoy when I go to the States this summer, but you get the idea. It's hella expensive.

So if I don't feel that I need the PZERO's, what other decent tire can I get? The Camaro is my daily driver so I don't need some high velocity tire or something like that, I'm really careful about the car but I want to have fun occationally ofcourse.

Any ideas?

Holy crap, Have you thought about driving to Italy and smuggling some in your car? haha.

SwedishMeatballs 02-08-2011 01:23 AM

Hey ... I'm up for anything, the easiest thing would be to order online ofcourse. I haven't really checked on prices for Pzero in the rest of Europe.

The main question is still if there are any other good value for money threads worth looking out for. Driving on Pzeros is overkill I think.

PeeBee 02-08-2011 04:36 AM

2 suggestions, from personal experience:

Dunlop (SP Sport Maxi or similar)
Hankook (Ventus ST): have these on the Range and they're great. Didn't know them, on my 2nd set now (first one lasted 80.000 miles, if not for the geo being off, I would have done even more).

axis 02-08-2011 08:18 AM

Continental Extreme contact DWS's are getting more and more attention. They seem to be a good all season tire that has a 540 tread wear rating, compared to the 220 of the Pirelli's.

copper3000 02-08-2011 12:41 PM

They get my vote too! :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by axis (Post 2815487)
Continental Extreme contact DWS's are getting more and more attention. They seem to be a good all season tire that has a 540 tread wear rating, compared to the 220 of the Pirelli's.

justa25thTA 02-08-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeBee (Post 2815181)
2 suggestions, from personal experience:

Dunlop (SP Sport Maxi or similar)
Hankook (Ventus ST): have these on the Range and they're great. Didn't know them, on my 2nd set now (first one lasted 80.000 miles, if not for the geo being off, I would have done even more).

I've got the Hankook's and no issue with them (yet).