Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   How much boost with E-Force 3" pulley? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128090)

kook 02-07-2011 02:03 PM

How much boost with E-Force 3" pulley?
 
Does anyone know roughly how much boost the 3" pulley makes with the E-Force supercharger?

JM10 02-07-2011 02:27 PM

I was told this by stillen:

- LS3 TVS stock pulley 3.5" = ~7.5psi 599fwhp 547fwtq

- L99 TVS stock pulley 3.875" = ~5.5psi 554fwhp 515fwtq

- 3.25" TVS pulley = ~9.5psi (will require belt change)

- 3.00" TVS pulley = ~11psi (recommended for forged internals)

- 2.75" TVS pulley ~13-14psi (recommended for forged internals

old motorhead 02-07-2011 04:45 PM

3" pulley on a front drive TVS might be 10 to 12psi or it might be +14psi. Just depends on how the rest of the motor is set up. Need to know a little more on what's involved mod wise.

kook 02-07-2011 04:55 PM

Will have a cam and currently has 1 7/8 lts. I want to keep the boost to a minimum. Like 8-9 at most. L99-Ls3 conversion if that matters.

old motorhead 02-07-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kook (Post 2813561)
Will have a cam and currently has 1 7/8 lts. I want to keep the boost to a minimum. Like 8-9 at most. L99-Ls3 conversion if that matters.

I'm running a front drive Maggie TVS with mild blower cam, Ported 243 heads (similar flow as stock LS3 heads), LT headers, 3" duals, no cats, and 3.1" pulley. I'm seeing 12psi. Based on that, I'd bet your LS3/L99 would see well over 8 to 9psi with the 3" pulley. If you're looking for 8 to 9psi, you might want to go a step bigger than the 3.0".

JM10 02-07-2011 06:16 PM

Im using the 3.25" and seeing around 8-9psi at WOT

05gofast 02-07-2011 08:28 PM

Depends on setup - cam, exhaust, heads, etc.

I have personally seen 3.25 pulley, cai & full exhaust get 8.5-9psi on hit & rise up to 11 by redline. 3.0 pulley on same set up peak at 13psi

2010 SS RS 02-08-2011 06:54 AM

Strongly suggest fuel delivery upgrades on anything smaller than 3.25 pully. JRE dual fuel rail upgrade and BAPon 3.25 pulley and LPE or ADM dual fuel pump 3.0. Also get inside and get internals done or you will be soon enough!
Rings, pistons, gaskets, bolts will all prove to be weak points.

kook 02-08-2011 08:06 AM

Dual pump, JRE upgrade, injectors are all being done. I want the boost 8-9 psi max.

TeddyP25 02-08-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS (Post 2815284)
Strongly suggest fuel delivery upgrades on anything smaller than 3.25 pully. JRE dual fuel rail upgrade and BAPon 3.25 pulley and LPE or ADM dual fuel pump 3.0. Also get inside and get internals done or you will be soon enough!
Rings, pistons, gaskets, bolts will all prove to be weak points.

Yea..what he said.

Jenny1 02-10-2011 11:02 PM

E-Force 3"pulley will system Supercharger system to between 9.5 -10 PSI on car.

macwest 08-16-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny1 (Post 2826682)
E-Force 3"pulley will system Supercharger system to between 9.5 -10 PSI on car.


I am trying to decide which size pulley to go down too 3.0 or 3.25. I have a LS3 with modified heads, cam, injectors and exhaust but have not touched my bottom end. Have you rebuilt your bottom end or is it stock.? Current psi is 6.5 with stock edelbrock pulley.

epstein 08-16-2013 02:06 PM

Just my opinion.... But I wouldnt go smaller than 3.25 on stock bottom end

You can see from my sig I did all the fuel upgrades before I went to a smaller pulley...

during the dyno run as was stated...9.5 psi....and when the rpms approached the limiter...was just shy of 12 psi.....

My next step is forged internals on stock displacement. Along with a JRE Cam Package and a 3" pulley.

macwest 08-16-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epstein (Post 6905701)
Just my opinion.... But I wouldnt go smaller than 3.25 on stock bottom end

You can see from my sig I did all the fuel upgrades before I went to a smaller pulley...

during the dyno run as was stated...9.5 psi....and when the rpms approached the limiter...was just shy of 12 psi.....

My next step is forged internals on stock displacement. Along with a JRE Cam Package and a 3" pulley.


I appreciate the advice. On your change to a 3.25 pulley did you need to change your belt? it would seem on a ls3 the std pulley is 3.5 so a upgrade to 3.25 may not need it but knowing ahead of time would be great.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.