Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Motortrend Camaro Convertible Review: looks better than coupe? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130338)

SSLarry 02-19-2011 12:21 PM

Motortrend Camaro Convertible Review: looks better than coupe?
 
I disagree, but MotorTrend thinks otherwise...
(sorry if re-post)


Number 3 02-19-2011 12:25 PM

What on earth could you disagree with??? This is probably the most glowing and accurate review of the convertible yet.

I spent a week with one and put over 5,000 miles on it and this is a perfect review.

Bond 02-19-2011 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah... I saw that too.
They describe the big stamped quarters on the coupe as a negative thing. It's one of my favorite parts of the car! Love my coupe!!
:wub:

Bond 02-19-2011 12:33 PM

The only thing about the vert that makes me jealous are the rolling rear side windows.
Th coupe could have, and should have had these.

SSLarry 02-19-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 2861529)
What on earth could you disagree with??? This is probably the most glowing and accurate review of the convertible yet.

I spent a week with one and put over 5,000 miles on it and this is a perfect review.

Lemmie guess.. you already put down your deposit. ;) Ok, you win.

They say the roof is better looking than the coupe?? Really? IMO, only with the top down does the vert look better. They say the coupe roof wraps away from the fenders too much (leaving a larger rear deck). I think that is best aspect of the coupe. It makes the rear fenders look even more pronounced for the 3/4 view. ... as Bond posted.

SWAT 02-19-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bond (Post 2861543)
Yeah... I saw that too.
They describe the big stamped quarters on the coupe as a negative thing. It's one of my favorite parts of the car! Love my coupe!!
:wub:

Me too.

boltmark 02-19-2011 12:39 PM

I disagree as well, I think the coupe looks a ton better. For me it's the damn XM fin on the trunk that blows it for me. Plus years down the road you know how the top is going to bubble up like all vert's do. Just watch for some older ones on the road now.

SWAT 02-19-2011 12:42 PM

Nice looking, but I like the coupe better. Hey! I want a shock tower brace!

Number 3 02-19-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSLarry (Post 2861562)
Lemmie guess.. you already put down your deposit. ;) Ok, you win.

They say the roof is better looking than the coupe?? Really? IMO, only with the top down does the vert look better. They say the coupe roof wraps away from the fenders too much (leaving a larger rear deck). I think that is best aspect of the coupe. It makes the rear fenders look even more pronounced for the 3/4 view. ... as Bond posted.

No, no deposit. All I'm saying is that this is a truly accurate review of the convertible.

Now if you don't like convertibles and many on this site don't hestitate to claim so, then I can see why you would "take offense". If you even remotely enjoy convertible and I mean even remotely this is a good review.

But I am really puzzled. This is a variant of the Camaro thus it IS a Camaro. So when it gets a glowing review why would anyone jump on it? So it isn't a win/lose, it's more of a why on earth would you dissagree with a positive review of the car we all come on here to talk about.

Bond 02-19-2011 12:49 PM

You obviously didn't read the op's title did you....

10spokess 02-19-2011 12:50 PM

Yay finally a review that doesn't bash a camaro for its size lol

Berean 02-19-2011 12:55 PM

Top down - Yes

Top up - No

X_Ruin_X 02-19-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berean (Post 2861633)
Top down - Yes

Top up - No

I agree that the 'Vert looks a lot better with the top down. Kinda the selling point for having a convertable, no?

I'm still not trading my coupe for one though.

radz28 02-19-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bond (Post 2861543)
Yeah... I saw that too.
They describe the big stamped quarters on the coupe as a negative thing. It's one of my favorite parts of the car! Love my coupe!!
:wub:

I haven't watched yet, but I read this comment and nominate it as QUOTE OF THE DAY!!! My highest KUDOS to you :clap::bow::respekt::respekt:

MartiMcFly 02-19-2011 01:45 PM

I am just simply NOT a fan of convertibles in a big block sports car.

91Z28350 02-19-2011 01:55 PM

Very nice review. Looks good, but I am still waiting for my ZL1.

SGOS252382 02-19-2011 01:58 PM

+ 253 lbs and .2 tenth slower in the 1/4 mile. Yet, they say it does everything better than the Coupe.

Top up = not a fan
Top down = looks pretty cool.

But I still can't get over + 253 lbs in a car that's already a little too heavy to start with.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.