Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   GM Performance Exhaust? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135132)

dcfan22 03-15-2011 09:40 PM

GM Performance Exhaust?
 
Any info would be great - sound, HP, comparison to others.

Thanks - Matt

melbourne_ls1 03-17-2011 10:01 PM

I am interested in this too!
Anyone have this install on their Vert yet?

Thanks,
Rick

Justification 03-18-2011 12:14 AM

It's in mine. Nice low background rumble as you're cruising, both top up and top down. Not at all obnoxious to my ear
Dealer installed it before delivery, so I can't say how different it is from the stock mufflers. I know the mufflers are much smaller.

Bodih 03-18-2011 12:20 AM

Need photos...:popcorn:

CruznSS 03-18-2011 12:22 AM

Installed gmpe on mine. If I'm not mistaken, they are built by Borla for Gm. 1st mod done in 2009. Sound really good when launching but not too loud under normal driving. Little bit pricey when 1st offered.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

swagled 03-18-2011 07:14 PM

Go browse the exhaust mods threads. The GMPE is the same as the Borla Touring exhaust, rebadged for GM.

Blitz 03-18-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swagled (Post 2980103)
Go browse the exhaust mods threads. The GMPE is the same as the Borla Touring exhaust, rebadged for GM.

I had no idea that it was the same... thanks! I'm probably still leaning towards the Loudmouth II, but this does help.

dcfan22 03-21-2011 01:57 PM

Wondering if the GM performance exhaust will fit the Vert? Doesn't really show Verts on the parts catalog. Any info? Was looking for a phone number to call also - no luck.

HDRDTD 03-21-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcfan22 (Post 2990248)
Wondering if the GM performance exhaust will fit the Vert? Doesn't really show Verts on the parts catalog. Any info? Was looking for a phone number to call also - no luck.

It just so happens I just e-mailed my Chevy dealer asking the same question. If I get a reply, i'll pass it on.

Justification 03-21-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 2990287)
It just so happens I just e-mailed my Chevy dealer asking the same question. If I get a reply, i'll pass it on.

Yes the GMPP axle back will install in the Vert. I don't know about the Corsa cat back though

dcfan22 03-21-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justification (Post 2991884)
Yes the GMPP axle back will install in the Vert. I don't know about the Corsa cat back though

Does GMPP have a Cat Back too or just Axle? I noticed on the Chevy website they only had a picture of the axle back. If that is the case then isn't $900 + pretty pricey for an axle back?

CruznSS 03-22-2011 12:20 AM

They came down on price but still a bit high.1,200 original price. Axle back only for gmpe. I agree, check exhaust threads. Buddy of mine found magniflow - x pipe and exhaust on sale for $600 a few months back. Group buy if you can find 1. Solo makes a great set of pipes too for price.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

BOOGIE 03-22-2011 07:47 PM

I was fixn to order these but they said they were not sure if they would fit http://www.************.com/boststreseex1.html

FirstandFifthGen 03-22-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOOGIE (Post 2996515)
I was fixn to order these but they said they were not sure if they would fit http://www.************.com/boststreseex1.html

I just put them on my vert this past weekend. I posted a write up and pics, under something like "convertible axle back" thread.

BOOGIE 03-22-2011 11:10 PM

Cool thanks ill check it out


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.