Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Toronto Auto Show! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13529)

VictoryRed08 02-14-2009 05:40 PM

Toronto Auto Show!
 
12 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys,

Just thought i'd re-post with pics:

"I just got back from the Toronto Autoshow where they had the IOM Camaro SS with white stripes and the Black LT1 Camaro. You could sit in both of them, and let me say that it was everything i though and hoped it'd be. I'm decent sized guy (6ft 235lbs), i had no problems getting in or out, the steering wheel adjusted well out of my lap and the seats were really comfy, soft but firm, like they should be. Also had plenty of head room.

The styling is great. I got out of it and started walking around a bit and i had that feeling in my stomach/chest, that feeling when you know that that car is the one you want. Inside and out the car is amazing. I also noticed that the engine compartment has a lot of room in it, very nice, im used to seeing cars nowadays that done have any room in there. Speaking of room, the backseat, you could fit someone back there if you needed too, children wouldnt have a problem, your dog could fit back there no prob. The cockpit and passenger seat offer ample room. the dash is great, i wish i could have turned on the electronics to see the gauges all lit up.

The radio and heating control clusterf eels as if it could function flawlessly, they really thought out the design of it so it looks nice but it isnt a pain in the ass.

The center console had a decent amount of storage, the e-brake wasnt cumbersome, however if you leave it on you'll notice it. Lots of shoulder and ass room, it really just right.

I should have the photos up soon, man im sooo pleased."

Andro 02-14-2009 05:46 PM

Cool pic's

Silver Streak 02-14-2009 06:37 PM

Cool pics AGAIN lol.

fad1 02-14-2009 06:37 PM

How the interior feel? Im getting like mixed reports.

VictoryRed08 02-14-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fad1 (Post 290791)
How the interior feel? Im getting like mixed reports.

The interior was flawless my friend, i sat in the challenger also and it didnt even compare, i rather enjoyed the cloth seats, i love the radio and gauge cluster, interior materials are very high quality.

NAHURRY 02-14-2009 08:05 PM

Thanks for the great pics. :clap:

SQUALO 02-14-2009 10:13 PM

I don't want to overload the thread with similar pics, so I will just critique the show. It was a great show, although downscaled from years past as far as inventory.

Myself, along with Scott (Canadian Camaro) & Dennis (TJ91) met at the Camaro display as planed and spent about 1hr. just :drool::drool::drool: over the IOM Camaro, great meeting you guys in person. I had to pry Dennis out of the driver seat a few times :paddle:, and everytime I turned back guess where he was? that's right back in the driver seat :sm0:

I was very impressed with the car overall, and I was also pleased to see how comfortable the cloth seats, in the LT, were as well. I know it was mentioned on the long trip down to the U.S., in the RED 1SS, but you really don't appreciate it, until you feel it for yourself.

All in all I think it's a GREAT car and the following is soooo true:
PICTURES DON'T DO IT WONDERS IN REAL LIFE!
Whenever the opportunity permits to see & feel the car (maybe even drive) don't pass it up!

CAMARO ROCKS, CHEVY RULES!!!!!!!!!

P.S. No offence to the knowledgeable sales people out there & on this forum, but I heard one of the salesmen at the show tell a couple that the car was SOLD OUT in Oshawa and you couldn't get one :bonk:. I looked right at him, laughed in his face, then told the couple (in private) the truth about the car and told them they can find out anything they want on our forum.

blackZbandit 02-14-2009 10:20 PM

GREAT PICS!!! How are the dash/door trim plastics? Are the hardy and scratchy (I hate the door plastic on the new Mustang) or soft touch? How do the materials' quality stack up against the Mustang's since it's been applauded so much by the automotive press?

VictoryRed08 02-14-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SQUALO (Post 290965)
I don't want to overload the thread with similar pics, so I will just critique the show. It was a great show, although downscaled from years past as far as inventory.

Myself, along with Scott (Canadian Camaro) & Dennis (TJ91) met at the Camaro display as planed and spent about 1hr. just :drool::drool::drool: over the IOM Camaro, great meeting you guys in person. I had to pry Dennis out of the driver seat a few times :paddle:, and everytime I turned back guess where he was? that's right back in the driver seat :sm0:

I was very impressed with the car overall, and I was also pleased to see how comfortable the cloth seats, in the LT, were as well. I know it was mentioned on the long trip down to the U.S., in the RED 1SS, but you really don't appreciate it, until you feel it for yourself.

All in all I think it's a GREAT car and the following is soooo true:
PICTURES DON'T DO IT WONDERS IN REAL LIFE!
Whenever the opportunity permits to see & feel the car (maybe even drive) don't pass it up!

CAMARO ROCKS, CHEVY RULES!!!!!!!!!

P.S. No offence to the knowledgeable sales people out there & on this forum, but I heard one of the salesmen at the show tell a couple that the car was SOLD OUT in Oshawa and you couldn't get one :bonk:. I looked right at him, laughed in his face, then told the couple (in private) the truth about the car and told them they can find out anything they want on our forum.

The Lt's Cloth seats were indeed amazing, the middle of the seat was comfortable and provided good support, While the outside of the seat was a little stiffer (but by no means uncomfortable) so it'll hold you in place.

VictoryRed08 02-14-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackZbandit (Post 290974)
GREAT PICS!!! How are the dash/door trim plastics? Are the hardy and scratchy (I hate the door plastic on the new Mustang) or soft touch? How do the materials' quality stack up against the Mustang's since it's been applauded so much by the automotive press?

If i recall correctly, the interior plastics were all soft to touch, it didnt feel cheap at all (i hate that hard, rough cheap plastic felt). You literally sit in the car, look around inside, smile, and want to start the thing up, as it should be.

edog 02-15-2009 12:05 AM

great shots!!!

fad1 02-15-2009 12:24 AM

Im probably going to have to wait untill the L.A auto show to sit in one of those babies.

TJ91 02-15-2009 10:11 AM

Id have to agree, the interior felt very nice, didnt feel cheap at all. The SS made me want to get a sunroof just to open the slide, it looks soo beautiful, if i got the sunrrof, i would nevver open it because i personally, just my opinion, hate the way it opens over the roof. I asked my mom if i should go and order the sunroof, she said yes that it looked cool, but then i explained how the sunroof opens and she said no, and that it was ugly if it opens like that. lol

Joe in T.O. 02-16-2009 09:18 PM

Thanks for the pictures, looking forward to going to the Show this week.

CanadianCamaro 02-16-2009 10:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I spy with my little eye...... 2 Other Camaro5.com Forum Members! Ha! :sm0: That's hillarious. We were there, at the same time, taking photos of each other and we didn't even know it. In the interest of privacy I won't indicate here who's who in the photo - but there's only so many people in this photo and 2 of them are SQUALO and I.

Attachment 15084

We need to get ourselves better organized! Not only did we miss each other but we look lost in this photo too! :laughabove:

VictoryRed08 02-17-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro (Post 293908)
I spy with my little eye...... 2 Other Camaro5.com Forum Members! Ha! :sm0: That's hillarious. We were there, at the same time, taking photos of each other and we didn't even know it. In the interest of privacy I won't indicate here who's who in the photo - but there's only so many people in this photo and 2 of them are SQUALO and I.

Attachment 15084

We need to get ourselves better organized! Not only did we miss each other but we look lost in this photo too! :laughabove:

lol, thats hilarious

crazz28 02-22-2009 02:53 AM

Did any of you guys that went to the show see that Panther Black Metallic G8??(I think that's what if was called) If that colour was available on the Camaro I'd take that over CGM, it was unreal.

TAG UR IT 02-22-2009 02:59 AM

Sorry guys...I know there's a bunch who want shirts (to better recognize ourselves) and we'll get that started again in no time. I'm working on making sure shirts don't shrink this go around. Don't know if anyone else had problems, but mine did. Almost ready.,..

VictoryRed08 02-22-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazz28 (Post 302336)
Did any of you guys that went to the show see that Panther Black Metallic G8??(I think that's what if was called) If that colour was available on the Camaro I'd take that over CGM, it was unreal.

The last picture is actually me sitting in it lol.

urbancamarofan 02-22-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryRed08 (Post 290720)
Hey Guys,

Just thought i'd re-post with pics:

"I just got back from the Toronto Autoshow where they had the IOM Camaro SS with white stripes and the Black LT1 Camaro. You could sit in both of them, and let me say that it was everything i though and hoped it'd be. I'm decent sized guy (6ft 235lbs), i had no problems getting in or out, the steering wheel adjusted well out of my lap and the seats were really comfy, soft but firm, like they should be. Also had plenty of head room.

The styling is great. I got out of it and started walking around a bit and i had that feeling in my stomach/chest, that feeling when you know that that car is the one you want. Inside and out the car is amazing. I also noticed that the engine compartment has a lot of room in it, very nice, im used to seeing cars nowadays that done have any room in there. Speaking of room, the backseat, you could fit someone back there if you needed too, children wouldnt have a problem, your dog could fit back there no prob. The cockpit and passenger seat offer ample room. the dash is great, i wish i could have turned on the electronics to see the gauges all lit up.

The radio and heating control clusterf eels as if it could function flawlessly, they really thought out the design of it so it looks nice but it isnt a pain in the ass.

The center console had a decent amount of storage, the e-brake wasnt cumbersome, however if you leave it on you'll notice it. Lots of shoulder and ass room, it really just right.

I should have the photos up soon, man im sooo pleased."

I Love the black one better.

Joe in T.O. 02-23-2009 11:06 PM

I took my son to the show on Friday and yes folks, the new Camaro is a work of art. I am not really an orange car buying guy but the IOM is stunning! The batteries were unhooked and someone left the power seat in the IOM car up a little too high but the black car was positioned properly. Some of my observations: the interior definitely envelopes the driver more so than the Mustang or Challenger. Rear footwell and kneeroom is bigger than Mustang (I tried getting into the Challenger but the seat back release was broken) The trunk is as large as the Challenger. I am sure a hockey bag could fit in there no problem. The graining of the Camaro interior surfaces is smaller (denser) than the new Mustang. Whoever said the Mustang quality is better must be a Ford employee because it is total B.S. The sunshades are slim (height wise) and both had very cool sliding mirror covers. Another cool feature that I didn't notice at first was a magnetic clasp for the seatbelt to seat anchor (close to your shoulder). We had to go back a few times to see these cars in real life. There was a lot of positive buzz about this car.

TJ91 02-24-2009 12:24 AM

See i knew i was right, i knew there was more legroom then the mustang in the back seat. I love my IOM!!!! Cant wait until someone decides to swap with me, i love the SS bumper!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.