Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2010 Camaro SS not affected by closing of GM's High Performance Vehicle Operations (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13893)

Tran 02-19-2009 03:07 PM

2010 Camaro SS not affected by closing of GM's High Performance Vehicle Operations
 
It was reported yesterday that GM has scrapped its High Performance Vehicle Operations. Many of you were understandably worried about the effects of this shuttering on the Camaro "SS"

Well, worry no more! GM spokesperson Vince Muniga has addressed this concern of ours. He has told InsideLine that:
"You've got the Camaro SS coming out. It is not threatened at all" and will be coming out as planned.

The Camaro SS, Corvette ZR1 and Z06 were all developed as regular production models, and not through the HPVO unit. Hence, all of these vehicles are safe.

jmcbeth 02-19-2009 03:10 PM

Thanks for clarifying. Makes sense!

Caliman93230 02-19-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tran (Post 298365)
It was reported yesterday that GM has scrapped its High Performance Vehicle Operations. Many of you were understandably worried about the effects of this shuttering on the Camaro "SS"

Well, worry no more! GM spokesperson Vince Muniga has addressed this concern of ours. He has told InsideLine that the 2010 Camaro SS is "not threatened at all" and will be coming out as planned.

The Camaro SS, Corvette ZR1 and Z06 were all developed as regular production models, and not through the HPVO unit. Hence, all of these vehicles are safe.

ok so calling off the mob and putting the torches and pitchforks away, man this would have been ugly.

GOT PSI 02-19-2009 03:23 PM

If the SS,Z06,and ZR1 were regular production models, I REALLY want to see what HPVO was working on.

Milk 1027 02-19-2009 03:26 PM

I was ready for a fist fight.:fighting0030: :fighting0040: :fighting0072::fighting0056: :character0293: :slice: :paddle:

CamaroSSforme 02-19-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tran (Post 298365)
It was reported yesterday that GM has scrapped its High Performance Vehicle Operations. Many of you were understandably worried about the effects of this shuttering on the Camaro "SS"

Well, worry no more! GM spokesperson Vince Muniga has addressed this concern of ours. He has told InsideLine that the 2010 Camaro SS is "not threatened at all" and will be coming out as planned.

The Camaro SS, Corvette ZR1 and Z06 were all developed as regular production models, and not through the HPVO unit. Hence, all of these vehicles are safe.

Great now you are telling me my SS is not so exclusive :(

(said in the spirit of finding something negative to say about any ol' thing that infects the internet)

:wave:

1_2Many 02-19-2009 03:29 PM

Me thinks this does mean the end of the Z28 though :(

BigTrap1967 02-19-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tran (Post 298365)
It was reported yesterday that GM has scrapped its High Performance Vehicle Operations. Many of you were understandably worried about the effects of this shuttering on the Camaro "SS"

Well, worry no more! GM spokesperson Vince Muniga has addressed this concern of ours. He has told InsideLine that the 2010 Camaro SS is "not threatened at all" and will be coming out as planned.

The Camaro SS, Corvette ZR1 and Z06 were all developed as regular production models, and not through the HPVO unit. Hence, all of these vehicles are safe.

if the camaro ss/zr1/and zo6 are not developed threw the HPVO unit what cars are.

Tran 02-19-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSSforme (Post 298383)
Great now you are telling me my SS is not so exclusive :(

(said in the spirit of finding something negative to say about any ol' thing the infects the internet)

:wave:

:sm0: the doom & gloom mentality is certainly high these days... whether it be on the internet, or in the media in general. :mad0259:

Cyberfan 02-19-2009 03:32 PM

The quote in your link talks about the division doing cars like the "V series Cadillacs and the Chevrolet Cobalt SS, HHR SS, and a V-8 version of the Colorado."

So if those are the "high performance " cars that are being abandoned, I think I can live with it. :rolleyes:

I guess we will just be stuck with those "low performance" SS Camaros and Corvettes! :rolleyes:

ponycrusher21 02-19-2009 03:33 PM

just realized this means no cts-v coupe

z28 was first to come to mind but....

damn that would have been sweet!

FenwickHockey65 02-19-2009 03:33 PM

The sky isn't falling now, is it? :rolleyes:

GOT PSI 02-19-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyberfan (Post 298390)
The quote in your link talks about the division doing cars like the "V series Cadillacs and the Chevrolet Cobalt SS, HHR SS, and a V-8 version of the Colorado."

So if those are the "high performance " cars that are being abandoned, I think I can live with it. :rolleyes:

I guess we will just be stuck with those "low performance" SS Camaros and Corvettes! :rolleyes:

How will we cope with that? I don't think I can go on living.

jmcbeth 02-19-2009 03:37 PM

If I remember my history right, it was the equivalent of this group (probably had a different name) that designed the Z/28 302 engine for the 1st gen Camaros.

GTAHVIT 02-19-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1_2Many (Post 298384)
Me thinks this does mean the end of the Z28 though :(

Yeah, It does look that way. My guess is that it would be part of the HPVO...

But, maybe, if the design is already complete and it's included in the lifecycyle of the camaro... We might see it... maybe...

Hopefull still. But I understnad that GM has much bigger problems...

oramac0002 02-19-2009 03:50 PM

This is another thing that brings a dark cloud over GM but I know that they will pull through and make the Camaro the best car out there

MarkSS 02-19-2009 03:51 PM

RIP, Z28:cry: I guess we will have to build our own Supercharged Camaros.

mitchell87 02-19-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 298392)
The sky isn't falling now, is it? :rolleyes:

But the Solstice might be:bellyroll:(sorry i had to do it)

Silver Streak 02-19-2009 04:00 PM

Thanks for the good news. I new there was some out there. Hopefully it will spread around to non-believers and change their views. Oh I know, I am dreamin, but what a nice dream! Thanks and Thanks again!


:w00t::w00t::thumbup:

:headbang:

meanmike 02-19-2009 04:02 PM

Thank you for this info it just made my day. :happyanim: :headbang:

tjbusa 02-19-2009 04:04 PM

Tran... You the man !!!!

Lord Grey 02-19-2009 04:42 PM

Does anyone know if the TrailBlazer SS is included in this? It's an entirely different vehicle, compared to the LT/LS TrailBlazer; it's definitely not just an "upgrade."

Visual_Perfection 02-19-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Grey (Post 298498)
Does anyone know if the TrailBlazer SS is included in this? It's an entirely different vehicle, compared to the LT/LS TrailBlazer; it's definitely not just an "upgrade."

Trailblazers all together are no longer being made. Their production ended recently.. the only 09's that are left are the ones already produced.

Lord Grey 02-19-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visual_Perfection (Post 298506)
Trailblazers all together are no longer being made. Their production ended recently.. the only 09's that are left are the ones already produced.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that.

My wife won't be pleased (she loves her SS and was looking forward to newer one soon).

Visual_Perfection 02-19-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Grey (Post 298515)
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that.

My wife won't be pleased (she loves her SS and was looking forward to newer one soon).

No prob. Ya being a Trailblazer owner myself it is sad to see them go. They are one of the best selling vehicles GM has had (Trailblazers/Envoys etc.. ) and they are on the roads EVERYWHERE, however GM had different plans for it with the new crossovers etc.. so the whole trailblazer platform is now gone :(

Oh well, when the time comes in a few years I will have to just get a low mileage 09 :D

BTW, not sure if you are a member or not, but check out trailvoy.com it is a great site!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.