Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   * The TRUTH about the HURST SHIFTER OPTION ANNOUNCMENT * (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13908)

CamaroScotty 02-19-2009 06:40 PM

* The TRUTH about the HURST SHIFTER OPTION ANNOUNCMENT *

Here is the response I just received about the HURST SHORT SHIFTER option:

Just the option will be removed from the order that are already on hand (Event 3000 or greater). The good news is all these orders are isolated at this point.

Dealer and customers will have to decide how to handle the orders that have allocation this week. They will either need to remove the Hurst Shifter LPO and have the order placed, or leave the LPO on for now, and wait until the RPO is introduced.

When? That's what we are working on now. Hope to announce specific availability and RPO code in the coming weeks. If all goes well, we should have this resolved very shortly -- weeks not months.

Bottom line: The Hurst Shifter was original a dealer installed accessory, and will continue to be a dealer installed accessory -- just not one that will appear on the window label and maybe a few weeks late. The new factory installed Hurst shifter will be identical to the dealer installed part.

We are disappointed we will not have it ready for the March 16, 2009 SORP, but we want to make sure we could integrate a high demand feature without disrupting production.

Silver Streak 02-19-2009 06:42 PM

Thanks for info!

Primus 02-19-2009 06:43 PM

I apologize if this has been covered, but do these constraints cover the first week of production or some current (pre)production?

1_2Many 02-19-2009 06:49 PM

This is nice of them and all, but why can't they release an official announcement regarding ABL??? It's getting very close to go time people!

JMAN311 02-19-2009 07:00 PM

I think it's great they are allowing factory installs of this option now. It's just too bad they decided so late in the game and it's becoming an issue since orders have already started to go to the next steps. The thing I don't get is why they don't want it on the window sticker anymore. I would think that now that it's a factory installed option it SHOULD be on the window sticker.

Rodrunner 02-19-2009 07:01 PM

^^Yeah, timing wasn't exactly precise....but I'm sure there was a very good reason for it. Ahem

Thanks for coming through, Scott. So, first built cars still get it installed by the dealer, just not on the sticker, and maybe not even late. Later builds get it installed at the factory and their console not molested at the dealership. Not a bad deal!:thumbsup: But sooo late.

UCF w00t 02-19-2009 07:06 PM

Why the hell can't they make an announcement like this about ABL? Honest and concise. Was it that hard?

Angrybird 12 02-19-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMAN311 (Post 298718)
I think it's great they are allowing factory installs of this option now. It's just too bad they decided so late in the game and it's becoming an issue since orders have already started to go to the next steps. The thing I don't get is why they don't want it on the window sticker anymore. I would think that now that it's a factory installed option it SHOULD be on the window sticker.

It will be if it is Factory Installed (RPO), but not if it is dealer installed because it will have to be purchased separately through the parts department and not through the car ordering system any more (LPO). In otherwords, if you want to wait for the factory installed shifter it will be on the sticker, If you want your dealer to install it, it won't be on the sticker...I hope I explained that OK.

Rodrunner 02-19-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 298729)
Why the hell can't they make an announcement like this about ABL? Honest and concise. Was it that hard?

They still think they might be able to get it right? Regardless, you're right. A lot of people at GM may simply see us as bottom line contributors, but beacuse of our dedication, enthusiasm and passion, we 12,000 at least deserve an honest status report so we can prepare for the possible outcomes.

teamlynn1 02-19-2009 07:24 PM

Perhaps there is nothing wrong with ABL and there is no need to announce anything. :chevy::chevy::happyanim:

Quote:

CamaroScotty 02-19-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

I'll have that answer within two weeks. :scared0012:

UCF w00t 02-19-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamlynn1 (Post 298759)
Perhaps there is nothing wrong with ABL and there is no need to announce anything. :chevy::chevy::happyanim:

Then they should tell us that it's OK. Why would they tell dealers as recent as last week that "announcement regarding the availability of ambient lighting in the interior will be made closer to the start of production" if it's all good?

Rodrunner 02-19-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamlynn1 (Post 298759)

That is so illogical. If there's two things we humans love to circulate, it's gossip and good news. No one holds back good news! :rolleyes:

ponycrusher21 02-19-2009 07:44 PM

this is some better news.

NVMY68SS 02-19-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 298771)
I'll have that answer within two weeks. :scared0012:

Nothing new here. It's the same thing that I posted, just re-written. Too many threads on the same topics.

As for having an ABL answer in two weeks. That's two weeks too late again. My car is already at 3300 and by then, it may very well be in build. I know, I know, SORP doesn't start til the 16th, but think about it people. They aren't going to paint a car today and then put it on a chassis tomorrow. I'm sure bodies and parts are already getting paint and will be ready to receive final builds by the 16th so they can get through validation testing, get loaded and get to the dealers by the end of the month. Just like the timer shows above, we are 24 days away.

I hope there's nothing wrong with it, but they sure aren't talking about it on the training vids either. Not that there's training required for lighting, but hey, all those salesmen need all the help they can get to sell a car, right?

teamlynn1 02-19-2009 07:51 PM

I am just playing devils advocate here guys, I do know that they have a strong buzz going about ABL and it gets stronger and stronger as the silence continues. Scotty got word that there will be an announce ment in two weeks so we will ALL know then. H ang in there guys the cars are so close now I can almost hear the exhausts rumbling:sm0::chevy::chevy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodrunner (Post 298789)
That is so illogical. If there's two things we humans love to circulate, it's gossip and good news. No one holds back good news! :rolleyes:

Rodrunner 02-19-2009 08:00 PM

Sorry, buddy, I'm getting a little too wrapped up in the situation. We will hang in there hoping for the best, and we understand you're simply trying to calm down the restless ones, and appreciate all you do!! :clap:

NVMY68SS 02-19-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodrunner (Post 298834)
Sorry, buddy, I'm getting a little too wrapped up in the situation. We will hang in there hoping for the best, and we understand you're simply trying to calm down the restless ones, and appreciate all you do!! :clap:

Yep. Nothing we can do about it either way. It's either there and everything's cool or it's not, and GM will give us our choice of accessory for the inconvenience. :sm0::sm0:

I'M JUST KIDDING!!! NOBODY START A THREAD ABOUT THIS, PLEASE!!!!!! There's already too many different threads on the same thing.

Optimus Prime 02-19-2009 08:46 PM

Thanks for the info, Scotty!! It's a great help, although as late as I put my order in, I probably won't have anything to worry about, and best of all, everything on my car will be factory installed!!!! :happyanim:

NVMY68SS 02-19-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime (Post 298920)
Thanks for the info, Scotty!! It's a great help, although as late as I put my order in, I probably won't have anything to worry about, and best of all, everything on my car will be factory installed!!!! :happyanim:

Uhm........isn't everything that comes on the car 'factory installed'? :sm0:

I'm just playing with you..........I still wish I could get the shifter factory installed and have it on the window sticker, but that's just one more way that mine and a few more will be recognizable as early build cars. Plus, I'm getting all of my accessories from GMPartsdirect to save some money. S/H may be high, but it still beats the dealer prices.......odd since they are in fact a dealer in NC.

Andro 02-19-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime (Post 298920)

+1

camarolt76 02-20-2009 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NVMY68SS (Post 298994)
Uhm........isn't everything that comes on the car 'factory installed'? :sm0:

I'm just playing with you..........I still wish I could get the shifter factory installed and have it on the window sticker, but that's just one more way that mine and a few more will be recognizable as early build cars. Plus, I'm getting all of my accessories from GMPartsdirect to save some money. S/H may be high, but it still beats the dealer prices.......odd since they are in fact a dealer in NC.

I think it is an excellent point that if your car has the dealer installed shifter (LPO) then it makes it recognizable as an early build car. I was just sitting here trying to figure out what I would do if my dealer called me next week to tell me I could order my Camaro if I delete the Hurst shifter. Still though the statement from Camaro Scotty did say they hope to have this issue resolved in weeks rather than months. I think I would tell them that I would wait. I don't think 2 or 3 weeks would kill me at this point.:w00t::chevy:

BigTrap1967 02-20-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyman 08 (Post 298732)
It will be if it is Factory Installed (RPO), but not if it is dealer installed because it will have to be purchased separately through the parts department and not through the car ordering system any more (LPO). In otherwords, if you want to wait for the factory installed shifter it will be on the sticker, If you want your dealer to install it, it won't be on the sticker...I hope I explained that OK.

I am number 2 on my dealers list should i call them and cancel the shifter in order to get my are on time or will the dealer automatically cancel it?thanks

Crowley 02-20-2009 07:25 AM

Thanks !!

Crowley

CamaroScotty 02-20-2009 08:44 AM

If you have ANY DOUBTS on what to do, CALL YOU DEALER. You can print out the first post to make it easier for THEM to understand, because the first letter posted a day or two ago was very unlcear.