Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Now it sounds like a man's car" Quote of the year! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139862)

SUX2BU 04-08-2011 03:46 PM

"Now it sounds like a man's car" Quote of the year!
 
So once I got done installing my all stainless XSPower exhaust system (1 7/8" headers, 3" off road x pipe, 3" mufflers http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138007) I started it up for my wife. I was worried she would not like the way it sounded and she wouldn't want to ride in it. I began to have flash backs of my 98 SS that she never wanted to ride in because it was too "race carish".

The words that came out of her mouth put the biggest grin on my face! She listened to it and said, "now it sounds like a man's car"!

Here is a quick clip, sorry about the crappy quality, it's from my phone and for some reason the audio is really quiet.



Ten33 04-08-2011 03:53 PM

Very Nice, gotta love that deep grumble...I guess u get your man card back..lol :sm0:
Somehow I figured owning an SS kinda qualified you already :facepalm:

goval 04-08-2011 03:54 PM

That sounds insane! When you reved it it sounded like a NASCAR. Love it!!

goval 04-08-2011 03:56 PM

Is this a custom set-up or are we able to buy this kit somewhere?

jagan323 04-08-2011 03:57 PM

Wow... sounds crazy. You even see some dirt being picked up by the exhaust lol. FLYInG TOWARDS THE CAMERA!

paultheman2007 04-08-2011 03:58 PM

i love that Sound now if i had a vert i would Drive with the drop down all the time now and hit it LOL and Just smile all the way home someone can slap me in my face and just hit it again and the smile is back on Love it

Z4me 04-08-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUX2BU (Post 3071457)
So once I got done installing my all stainless XSPower exhaust system (1 7/8" headers, 3" off road x pipe, 3" mufflers http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138007) I started it up for my wife. I was worried she would not like the way it sounded and she wouldn't want to ride in it. I began to have flash backs of my 98 SS that she never wanted to ride in because it was too "race carish".

The words that came out of her mouth put the biggest grin on my face! She listened to it and said, "now it sounds like a man's car"!

Here is a quick clip, sorry about the crappy quality, it's from my phone and for some reason the audio is really quiet.




Your car is a keeper, but your wife is even more so! Congratz :headbang:

SUX2BU 04-08-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goval (Post 3071508)
Is this a custom set-up or are we able to buy this kit somewhere?

I got the complete kit here. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129510

Bryan 04-08-2011 04:49 PM

Sounds awesome. Nice plate btw!

9onelove23 04-08-2011 05:59 PM

Did you have to put a few dings in the headers for the steering shaft? I'm gonna order me some soon :) cant wait

Lightrider 04-08-2011 05:59 PM

Sounds awesome. I like the 3rd or so throttle blip when it blows some of the garage floor crap around.

robertgss3 04-08-2011 07:31 PM

That sounds very nice. Good Job!

mikeSS 04-08-2011 07:52 PM

idk i feel like it was missing some rubble when you revved it.

camaroitalia 04-08-2011 07:56 PM

sounds great

goval 04-08-2011 08:23 PM

Thanks for the link. Man, I've been listening to some of these exhaust systems and so far this set-up is the best. I love the way it sounds from the interior clip! I was leaning towards the Borla S Type but it sounds like this system is a true system; you can rly feel the engine; THAT'S WHAT I WANT!! The price is awesome too. Hmm... I might have to think about this... How's the cab drone?

SUX2BU 04-08-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan (Post 3071743)
Sounds awesome. Nice plate btw!

Thanks, I have the "SUX2BU" plate on my truck also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9onelove23 (Post 3071998)
Did you have to put a few dings in the headers for the steering shaft? I'm gonna order me some soon :) cant wait

It was real close, so i decided to ding them just to be safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 3072357)
idk i feel like it was missing some rubble when you revved it.

Yeah, it is a bit more refined than I would like when I rev it. I actually thought with it being an off road x pipe and the tiny mufflers it would be a lot louder. Which is actually a good thing, I suppose, I feel like I want it louder right now, but after the novelty of new exhaust wears off I think this will be the perfect loudness and sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goval (Post 3072456)
Thanks for the link. Man, I've been listening to some of these exhaust systems and so far this set-up is the best. I love the way it sounds from the interior clip! I was leaning towards the Borla S Type but it sounds like this system is a true system; you can rly feel the engine; THAT'S WHAT I WANT!! The price is awesome too. Hmm... I might have to think about this... How's the cab drone?

I LOVE the way it sounds and feels now. You put it perfectly in saying that you can feel the motor now. It was way too quiet in stock form and having not driven a stick in over 5 years and it was a little tough to drive since you can't hear the motor little own feel it. I honestly feel that this is the way it should come from the factory. There is a little cab drone if you lug the motor under 2 grand. It's not bad at all. The only thing I was worried about was rasp. I HATE exhaust rasp and this system has none. I can live with a little exhaust drone for how affordable this COMPLETE system is, hell it cost less than most cat back only systems.

SDubATC 04-08-2011 10:13 PM

I want my car to sound like that, but I only have a V6... :(:help:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.