Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14322)

CamaroScotty 02-26-2009 07:20 AM

Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS
 
Official word:

There have been many inquiries from customers who saw a very early pre-production photo of the Camaro interior. The photo displayed a blue ambient light traveling across the top of the door panel inserts and on to the dash. This early concept proved to be very popular, and the product team worked on developing a similar feature for the production model.

As a result an ambient lighting feature is now a standard condition with the start of production on all 2LT and 2SS models. This light will have a light blue tint with Black, Neutral and Gray interiors, and reddish-orange tint when the Inferno Orange Interior Package is ordered. This feature is only in the door panels and not across the dash as the concept photo originally illustrated.

This feature is not an orderable option, but will be included on all 2LT and 2SS models at the start of production. No action is required by the customers or dealers to receive this feature.

At the Cleveland Auto Show this weekend, we plan to show an image of how the light is displayed and answer questions.

Our goal was to have the look of the early rendering (and it was just a rendering -- never an announced feature), but there were a couple of issues with execution. In the end, a desire to have the highest quality look, fit and feel for the interior won out (which is the way it should be). I know some will be disappointed, but I still think in the end we have the best in class interior.

MerF 02-26-2009 07:23 AM

Thanks Scotty.

CAMAROCOP 02-26-2009 07:24 AM

Finally!!
 
See ya in Cleveland!!!

maxdmax 02-26-2009 07:24 AM

I sooooooo hope this puts an end to all the ABL threads, but for some reason I just don't think this is going to happen. At any rate I am happy with this it is fine with me.

XMalibu69X 02-26-2009 07:26 AM

Thanks, man. I know a lot (including me) are going to be disappointed... I think if I had to choose, I would rather have it in the dash than on the doors, though...:iono:

jeffny09 02-26-2009 07:26 AM

That's it time to cancel our orders

Scott@Bjorn3D 02-26-2009 07:27 AM

This needs to get a sticky and mods need to close other threads and point to this one if they can.

Just a suggestion.

Angrybird 12 02-26-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxdmax (Post 309147)
I sooooooo hope this puts an end to all the ABL threads, but for some reason I just don't think this is going to happen. At any rate I am happy with this it is fine with me.

Yeah you will still have the Crybabies that either want it all over or they will cancel their orders. Which I don't understand.. It is one SMALL element of a totally GREAT car. so if anything had to be dropped from the concept to the production version, this is a very minor item... Remenber at first you had to order the interior dressup kit to get it now it will be STANDARD on all 2LT and 2SS cars... FROM THE START OF PRODUCTION!!!

So you guys that want it or else, go ahead and cancel your orders, that will mean everyone behind you will be bumped up and some that missed their dealer's allocations will get thieir cars...:)

islandhopper 02-26-2009 07:31 AM

Thank you for this info. I will do my own lighting project:D

CamaroScotty 02-26-2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D (Post 309150)
This needs to get a sticky and mods need to close other threads and point to this one if they can.

Just a suggestion.

Could I get a cup of coffee too? This 24hr "Sharin' the Camaro love" takes a toll sometimes.... :drool:

kdbolt70 02-26-2009 07:37 AM

Thanks Scotty!

I guess its unfortunate they couldn't get it on the dash, but I think the doors will be better than nothing. Now I'm curious if we'll be able to fit accessory panels of different colors in there...

cerberus 02-26-2009 07:38 AM

I can't wait to see what it is going to look like...I don't think it will look bad at all and I cant wait to see what it will look like. Thanks Scotty for the update.

aberg 02-26-2009 07:41 AM

Thanks.:thumbsup:

Hooy 02-26-2009 07:46 AM

Thanks very much!

mmarcum 02-26-2009 07:54 AM

Thank you for the info.

Now waiting for the thread to start on an aftermarket solution for adding the ABL in the dash. :D

Croathlete 02-26-2009 08:05 AM

If that's the final configuration, then it must not look bad at all. Like Scott said, if it didn't look right, it wasn't gonna happen. Therefore, it looks right, just like the rest of the car. Can't wait to see it. :thumbsup:

CamaroSSforme 02-26-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 309141)
Official word:

There have been many inquiries from customers who saw a very early pre-production photo of the Camaro interior. The photo displayed a blue ambient light traveling across the top of the door panel inserts and on to the dash. This early concept proved to be very popular, and the product team worked on developing a similar feature for the production model.

As a result an ambient lighting feature is now a standard condition with the start of production on all 2LT and 2SS models. This light will have a light blue tint with Black, Neutral and Gray interiors, and reddish-orange tint when the Inferno Orange Interior Package is ordered. This feature is only in the door panels and not across the dash as the concept photo originally illustrated.

This feature is not an orderable option, but will be included on all 2LT and 2SS models at the start of production. No action is required by the customers or dealers to receive this feature.

At the Cleveland Auto Show this weekend, we plan to show an image of how the light is displayed and answer questions.



Our goal was to have the look of the early rendering (and it was just a rendering -- never an announced feature), but there were a couple of issues with execution. In the end, a desire to have the highest quality look, fit and feel for the interior won out (which is the way it should be). I know some will be disappointed, but I still think in the end we have the best in class interior.

Scotty...that's all well and good but what I REALLY want to know is.....Will it have ABL?

:laugh:

Redwolf20 02-26-2009 08:15 AM

Thanks for the update CamaroScotty! I really hope this puts an end to the "discussion" but I doubt it.

ezlock83 02-26-2009 08:16 AM

Thanks Scotty, I am glad to have some concrete news,

CamaroScotty 02-26-2009 08:32 AM

I WAS going to add ABL to the thread title.....but it was too late....Maybe if the mods get bored...

SSOOCH 02-26-2009 08:39 AM

WTF is ABL?! (LOL...I kid, I kid)

DDustiNN 02-26-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 309194)
I WAS going to add ABL to the thread title.....but it was too late....Maybe if the mods get bored...

Please don't :D

I hate the "ABL" acronym that was somehow created here... it makes absolutely no sense to me, and I refuse to call it that. It's Ambient Lighting!!!

Thank you for finally ending this, Scotty! Now we can live with one less acronym on this board :w00t:

If GM decided to include it, then it's going to look good. The end.

renderinfo 02-26-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmarcum (Post 309171)
Thank you for the info.

Now waiting for the thread to start on an aftermarket solution for adding the ABL in the dash. :D

+1 -

I'm actually going to look for custom solution in advance. Any idea if the plastic on the dash is easily removable? Then we could string our own neon or led tubing inside!!! :headbang:

NAHURRY 02-26-2009 08:43 AM

Thanks Scotty, You know, I thought about cancelling, ONLY TO RE-ORDER
when it was rite, and get hud, and probably alot of other goodies in a year
or so. I dont haft to be the FIRST on the block to have one(like ALOT of you)

But with the economy and govt. Whose to say this car will be here in a year
or so( especially with the 426 ponies),so with that said, I will go ahead and
take it now. I mean surelly GM wouldnt release a car if it did'nt look rite?


btw, I have not seen 1 person say they would cancel altogether over ABL.
(Felt a need to say this 1 more time!)


O yeh, cancelling altogeter means , not re-ordering later, being done with,
finished, no more maro. just thought I better mention that.:bellyroll:

gigemrick 02-26-2009 08:46 AM

Thats great news Scotty! .... Oh wait i'm getting a 1SS..... moving on :wave:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.