||02-28-2009 09:56 PM
Everyone Please Read!
There has been a lot of negativity on the site lately. Too much. I remember we used to be a nice little site, now we're not as little and frankly, not as nice. Some of the things that the moderators have noticed are a lack of respect and less willingness to help new members. Everyone here shares an interest in the Camaro. Whether you are a future owner, an owner of a rival car, or someone involved in the automotive industry. We are all here because of the Camaro.
Here are the site rules, please read though them in case you have forgotten them.
1) Respect. By far the most important rule here. Through the generations of Camaros, enthusiasts have come together for the love of the car and the community (in fact, the name "Camaro" means "friend, pal, or comrade"). So, the basic rules of real life apply here, show each other respect and you will get respect as well. Don't bash someone else here because you feel like it. Personally insulting other members will not be tolerated.
2) Disagree, don't attack. Disagree on topics, but try to leave it at that. Just because you don't like someones opinion on the car's engine, doesn't mean you should call him and his mother all sorts of names :) Disagreements are fine, and you should feel free to express your difference of opinion, but don't go out of your way to insult and flame someone. Please consider if you would say to someone's face the same thing you are posting.
4) Help. Be helpful, we are all probably here because of a question and people will go out of their way to help you. Try to do the same if you have the answer to a question posted. Camaro enthusiasts have to stick together. If you think not telling others about some technical info you have will make you and your car unique and prefer to be unique rather than share this information, then this forum is not for you. Help each other with questions and answers and I guarantee you, one day you will be helped out in kind here.
5) Offtopic in Offtopic forum. Well this should be self explanatory :)
6) Make suggestions in the suggestions forum. We promise to do our best to accomodate your suggestions. We're always open to making changes around here based on people's feedback and we love doing it; it's part of the fun for us !