Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Dual-Mode RGB Halo from sjm autoprod, inc. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147129)

sjmautoprod 05-13-2011 10:50 PM

Dual-Mode RGB Halo from sjm autoprod, inc.

These dual-mode RGB halos are a retrofit for the stock, RS headlights. No dotted lines, just a factory-looking band of color. You can toggle between street-legal white and any color that you would like (technically, 16 million colors :thumbup:). There are also two show-modes: strobe your chosen color and white, and, a breathe mode that slowly fades up to your color and then back down. :headbang:

New Features:
Two favorite colors can be saved.

Select-a-White: Choose your own version of white, from warm to cool.

QuickColors: Select from several, built-in colors easily (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../IMAG1138b.jpg

Thanks to chitownz28 for permission to post this so soon after the install!

orange-prince 05-13-2011 11:00 PM

great and really nice jop can you pm the price and instructions

Capthowdy 05-13-2011 11:02 PM

how to buy these? nothing on showstopper site?

Buffnshine 05-14-2011 02:07 AM

Those are very cool

thebrainhart 05-14-2011 02:14 AM

Thats sweet!
The white looks brighter than factory too, is this correct?
Timeline/price?

showstopper 05-14-2011 07:05 AM

The install went great. Coudn't have been any smoother. SJM makes it so easy. This is the only halo kit i will install from now on. I simply have no reason to use anything else.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 05-14-2011 07:11 AM

Nice job guys looks the best of all the setups i have seen, IMO do you have it for sale i may want one.

camaro4mybday 05-14-2011 07:43 AM

Can you set them up to function like the factory halo and then on with out a switch by factory control then do all the functions

camaro2lt 05-14-2011 10:30 AM

pm me a price please and what do you have to do to install any cuting of the headlights?

The Stig 05-14-2011 10:37 AM

I really like what you guys have done. Could you PM me a price for these?

sjmautoprod 05-14-2011 10:51 AM

Thanks guys!

We did a small run of these and have a few more ready to be assembled.

We'll also get some more pics/video to compare to the stock white.

camaro4mybday: Not sure what you mean. There is one switch to throw that selects between your chosen color and white.

camaro2lt: Well, no cutting is required, but, you do have to open the headlights. The process is pretty well documented here on C5.

camaro2lt 05-14-2011 10:53 AM

i looked for the thread on opening the lights now i cant find it if anybody has the link post it please!

camaro4mybday 05-14-2011 10:54 AM

Can it be tied in to the factory system to turn on or do I have to turn on the switch everytime I want the halos to go on

xpanda305x 05-14-2011 10:56 AM

pleasee PM me ALL infoo!!! i want to do this to the eagle eyes!

2SSRS@Gen5diy 05-14-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmautoprod (Post 3218877)
Thanks guys!

We did a small run of these and have a few more ready to be assembled.

We'll also get some more pics/video to compare to the stock white.

camaro4mybday: Not sure what you mean. There is one switch to throw that selects between your chosen color and white.

camaro2lt: Well, no cutting is required, but, you do have to open the headlights. The process is pretty well documented here on C5.

I have a set of RS head light siting on the work table ready to go in my car, can you tell me how long till you have this ready to sale?

sjmautoprod 05-14-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro2lt (Post 3218886)
i looked for the thread on opening the lights now i cant find it if anybody has the link post it please!

I'll hunt that down for you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro4mybday (Post 3218889)
Can it be tied in to the factory system to turn on or do I have to turn on the switch everytime I want the halos to go on

They automatically come on as white when the lights go on. If you want the color instead, you need to flip the switch. We don't want anyone getting a ticket if they forget. ;)

xpanda305x 05-14-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmautoprod (Post 3219001)
I'll hunt that down for you.

They automatically come on as white when the lights go on. If you want the color instead, you need to flip the switch. We don't want anyone getting a ticket if they forget. ;)

thats really good honestly.
they can be put on the eagle eyes right?

Synerbee 05-14-2011 12:35 PM

Do you guys happen to have a video on how the control module works?
And anyone in southern California I could have these installed by?
Is there a mode for the colors to fade through in a cycle?

sjmautoprod 05-14-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpanda305x (Post 3219049)
thats really good honestly.
they can be put on the eagle eyes right?

Thanks! This kit is specifically for the stock HID's. It may be possible on the Eagle Eyes, but, I have no way of knowing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icandrivejustnotlegally (Post 3219167)
Do you guys happen to have a video on how the control module works?
And anyone in southern California I could have these installed by?
Is there a mode for the colors to fade through in a cycle?

Good idea for a video on that. There is just a knob and a switch...
Flip the switch to toggle between white or color.
Press and hold the knob when white is selected and you can independently adjust the intensity of the red, green, and blue components.

Press and hold the knob when color is selected to initiate the strobe.
A fade is not currently in there, just the strobe. If there are enough requests, we may make it available.

Phendy 05-14-2011 04:42 PM

Some solid halos for non rs headlights would be awesome too

derek19 05-14-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 3218902)
I have a set of RS head light siting on the work table ready to go in my car, can you tell me how long till you have this ready to sale?

Has this question been answered?

mycamaroisred 05-14-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmautoprod (Post 3217556)
These dual-mode RGB halos are a retrofit for the stock, RS headlights. No dotted lines, just a factory-looking band of color. You can toggle between street-legal white and any color that you would like (technically, 16 million colors :thumbup:). There is also a bonus show-mode that strobes your chosen color and white for an eye-catching display. :headbang:

Thanks to chitownz28 for permission to post this so soon after the install!

I want haha do u make a complete headlight replacement that r like the rs lights?

xpanda305x 05-14-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmautoprod (Post 3219590)
Thanks! This kit is specifically for the stock HID's. It may be possible on the Eagle Eyes, but, I have no way of knowing.

Good idea for a video on that. There is just a knob and a switch...
Flip the switch to toggle between white or color.
Press and hold the knob when white is selected and you can independently adjust the intensity of the red, green, and blue components.

Press and hold the knob when color is selected to initiate the strobe.
A fade is not currently in there, just the strobe. If there are enough requests, we may make it available.

shall we give it a try :)

Cully 05-14-2011 09:53 PM

PM me a price with install instruction please, where to order as well. Thanks.

TJ91 05-15-2011 12:21 AM

can you make it strobe from side to side? I think that would be the best. You guys did a great job by the way!