Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Pad that comes with Americana Wax (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151331)

ouhockeyplayer 06-06-2011 11:49 AM

Pad that comes with Americana Wax

Just got a tub of Adams Americana wax and I noticed that the pad comes in the tub. Do you guys leave it in the tub always or keep it separate after using the wax? I cleaned mine with APC and left it out of the tub but noticed that there was still a residue that would flake off on it after a good cleaning.

wolfclan 06-06-2011 12:04 PM

I leave mine in the wax container

Sir Nuke 06-06-2011 12:05 PM

leave it in the tub. no reason to clean it with anything, UNLESS YOU DROP IN! then you need to clean it real good, then put it back in the tub after it dries.

ouhockeyplayer 06-06-2011 02:11 PM

Thanks. I will keep mine in the tub.

Adam's Polishes 06-06-2011 06:55 PM

Actually guys....

Its only shipped in there to protect the wax from impacts while shipping and save space... once you have it we recommend you keep it outside the container, and like ANY applicator you should clean it after each use. If not EVERY time at least every few uses.

Also, if you have residue that won't come off try washing with warm water in the sink and a little dawn dish soap... it strips wax from finishes and will strip wax from applicators too! Just be sure to rinse REALLY well so theres no left in the foam when you're done.

Sir Nuke 06-07-2011 08:08 AM

I STAND CORRECTED.....Thanks Dylan.

ouhockeyplayer 06-07-2011 01:11 PM

Thanks Dylan. Out of the tub it comes.

Dr Jkel 06-07-2011 01:22 PM

Rut Roh, I think I better take mine out. It has been in there since I bought it.:facepalm: Might have to have a new applicator. DOH what an idiot but at least we learn things everyday.

Adam's Polishes 06-07-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Jkel (Post 3310812)
Rut Roh, I think I better take mine out. It has been in there since I bought it.:facepalm: Might have to have a new applicator. DOH what an idiot but at least we learn things everyday.

If it still works don't worry about it... the problem that happens is the pad can start to stick to the wax and then you end up with bits of red foam in the wax and an app face that looks like it has acne scars.

Also the added pressure on the lid/pot leads to some bowing.

If you pad isn't coming apart don't sweat it, just stop storing it in the jar.

shad2009 06-07-2011 05:43 PM

would you recommend always putting the paper ring back in the tub, or that can be thrown out?

Adam's Polishes 06-07-2011 06:18 PM

Thats in there to prevent the pad from sticking to the wax, so if you aren't keeping the pad in there you can get rid of it.

shad2009 06-07-2011 06:19 PM

figured...thought i'd ask...thanks

BigCarrot 06-08-2011 08:21 AM

Man took mine out yesterday... there was so much wax in that applicator! I cleaned out what had to be around 4-5 Tablespoons of wax! Guess I was too generous in my first application of the stuff and putting it back in the jar caused all that product to be absorbed in there... :(

CamaroDreams07 06-08-2011 04:48 PM

When mine came from Adam's it had a piece of saran wrap between the pad and the wax. That's how I store it. Just keep the plastic wrap between the pad and the wax, and you never have to search for your applicator.