Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ordering Constraints March 12, 2009 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15277)

Rodrunner 03-12-2009 01:27 PM

Ordering Constraints March 12, 2009
 
Looks like a repeat of last week everyone. V6s still not released. http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?p=6158

THE FINAL ALLOCATION BY WEEK REPORT HAS BEEN OUT. The second month of allocation data has been released. Soon we will know again what weeks and what quantities will be released for order consideration.

TODAY, ORDERS CONTINUE BEING TAGGED AND RELEASED for production consideration
…estimate build weeks of orders released today are 4/06-4/12
CONSTRAINTS SHOWN TO US BY GM TODAY ARE:

1EE37 1LS (V6) - 0 AVAILABLE NATIONALLY
1EF37 1LT (V6) - 0 AVAILABLE NATIONALLY
1EH37 2LT (V6) - 0 AVAILABLE NATIONALLY

GBV - CYBER GREY - 0 AVAILABLE NATIONALLY
VYV HUST SHIFTER LPO - 0 AVAILABLE NATIONALLY

Moonsault 03-12-2009 01:35 PM

Starting to get a *little* bored with the V6 constraint.....

lakers171 03-12-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonsault (Post 333289)
Starting to get a *little* bored with the V6 constraint.....

i agree. and then you wonder why they are going bankrupt

CamaroScotty 03-12-2009 01:45 PM

Now add the duration :)

pinkcamaro10 03-12-2009 01:46 PM

ugh... seriously???

undrcop2010 03-12-2009 01:49 PM

I wonder if they are doing this to try an get some people to pony up the extra money as been thought b4 on here for the SS....but in doing that you may also lose potential buyers of the V6 who have pre-ordered all the way back on Oct13, makes no sense. I think well start seeing them being built soon enough though......I Hope

GothamCamaro 03-12-2009 02:01 PM

I aint got no ponies to pony up with so they won't be getting me to buy the SS cuz of this "constraint" on V6.

I'm fine but come June 1st and no Camaro, then I'll start posts like other V6 pre-owners have been typing up the last month. I'm betting I won't have to, I'm patient. :wave:

joepitt 03-12-2009 02:02 PM

GM has said all along the V6 will be the bread and butter of the Camaro. Figuring half the pre-orders are V6, say 6,000 and there is a $7,000 difference between a 2LT and 2SS, that is only $42 million. Lots to us, but not in the overall picture for GM. And remember, that is gross, not additional profit. I'm not happy about the contraint, nor do I understand it, but I don't think they are doing it for the money.

Rallyman6 03-12-2009 02:08 PM

I just wish my dealer got the release allocation for my car.

Arioch 03-12-2009 02:09 PM

GM really screwed up on the V6 dealer thing, they should have started building those after the preorders. Whomever made that decision should be fired.

Rodrunner 03-12-2009 02:10 PM

As I think Scotty was implying, Pink, it's just for one week, seven short days.
It might be lifted next week; I'd guess the week after next.

fad1 03-12-2009 02:12 PM

Sux for v6 owners :(

Moonsault 03-12-2009 02:12 PM

We know the bulk of orders are for V8's, so would it REALLY be so bad for GM to show they care about their customers, work around the constraint, and produce the sold order V6's? Would it really cause so many problems?

undrcop2010 03-12-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothamCamaro (Post 333340)
I aint got no ponies to pony up with so they won't be getting me to buy the SS cuz of this "constraint" on V6.

I'm fine but come June 1st and no Camaro, then I'll start posts like other V6 pre-owners have been typing up the last month. I'm betting I won't have to, I'm patient. :wave:

i aint got no ponies as well...and it just gives me a little more time to get more money for the down payment

spi 03-12-2009 02:19 PM

i just want them to get me my camaro

a6pk2go 03-12-2009 02:41 PM

I called my dealer today and will go in and make my final decision tomorrow. I thought if I went ahead and went from a 2LT RS to a 1SS I would jump up a little but he didn't think so. I will just have to wait like the rest of the V6 people and HOPE for the best. It made not be build the first month or two but as long as I get it by summer I will be happy. I'm not waiting until Oct and you can mark me down on that one.

Croathlete 03-12-2009 02:52 PM

Cyber Grey :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.