Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Vengeance has my car for the cam install. :D (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154482)

PQ 06-23-2011 12:33 PM

Vengeance has my car for the cam install. :D
 
Ok. They have discovered the surge/miss in my car and it turned out to be the felt gaskets leaking in one spot. :facepalm:

BUT. Since the leak got worse in the end and I thought it was a lifter tic. (video below) I decided to just let Vengeance do it. When I dicovered it was not a bad lifter, I figured, what the hell, they already have it, they are one of the best, so cam me up. :headbang:

I'll have the numbers when they are done with it. I'm expecting 1200 rwhp but will settle for mid 500s give or take. :rolleyes:

Anyway, congrats to me. And Ron? No laughing at my 'DONK' wheels..... :paddle:

Oh, and Bonnie.................... I owe you. :wub:

AAAAnd. We are gonna try and guess the final peak RWHP.

BLACK10 ......... 510
CamaroKid300 .. 518
PQ .................. 525
bi11ymc .......... 532
GTAHVIT ......... 535
mlee ............... 547
Dr Jkel............. 548
GtSmoke ......... 550
hypurone ......... 552
Jessika ........... 559
SSE 4 2SS......... 561
Darth_Emma .... 562
thesnoopster ... 563
Scott............... 565
Garcmol .......... 580

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...4&d=1308679781http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...5&d=1308679781

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...6&d=1308679781http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...7&d=1308679781

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...8&d=1308679781http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...9&d=1308679781

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...0&d=1308679781http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1308679781

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...2&d=1308679781http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...3&d=1308679781

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...4&d=1308679820http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...5&d=1308679820

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...6&d=1308679820



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sSDY...eature=related


AND WE HAVE LOPE !!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2EitYNYR6k



Got some results.

521/521 rwhp/tq with the 3.2 pulley
558/557 rwhp/tq with the 2.8 pulley

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...g/Image140.jpg


Ok. Got home a bit earlier. it was a good day. :)

The moment I got home I got out and took a quick post trip exhaust video.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXMx4WS2fwA




So as soon as I got there Ron tossed me the keys and me and my son James went for a ride.

It was allright.

So we get back to the shop and I go in to talk to Ron.............. :bellyroll: :bellyroll: :bellyroll:

Ok, for real.

It's been used quite often. "It was a totaly different car." Well, when I did my blower, I never used that typical saying. After the blower it was the same car just a lot faster.

OMFG.................. This is a totaly different car. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

It's INSTANT torque. It shoots off before I touch the gas. :bellyroll: And there is a whiplash effect. I'm really glad I didn't do the stall. The torque is instant. It is pulling HARD right from the lowest RPMs. No waiting on torque. This car is just Fing MEAN. Throttle response is instant. The only reason I can see to get a bigger stall would be out of necessity of a bigger cam. But this is perfect to me. It really does feel like it's a totaly new designed car from what I had two weeks ago.

Where did my Camaro go? :laugh:

Couple things I noticed. After driving the Jeep for a few weeks, and drivng Bonnies car up to Atlanta, I got in my car and backed it out. My first thought was, WOW, the 5th Gen Camaro really is a fat pig. Felt like a tank. I had forgotten how heavy these things are.

BUT, accelerating, it felt light as hell all of a sudden. I've always said that Bonnies car FEELS faster but of cours mine was faster. Didn't matter. Fact is hers always felt a lot faster do to the light weight. NOT ANY MORE. It is so cool. And I only have the 3.2 pulley on there. I still have 30/30 in the trunk. :headbang:

Also, the instant and incredible torque makes the car act different too. I could be a drift champion. :bellyroll:

Ron took me for a ride in a blown Z06 Vette that was pretty damn impressive.

All in all. though I spent 11 hours driving in a 13 hour day, it was a good good day.

I have come a LONG way since the 'Slow L99' moniker. ;)

SGOS252382 06-23-2011 12:46 PM

:w00t:

bi11ymc 06-23-2011 12:59 PM

With a small blower cam and conservative tune, I ended up with

525 RWHP / 490 RWTQ

You should be able to beat that, unless those 22" wheels are a big hindrance.

justa25thTA 06-23-2011 01:06 PM

so how do you get out of the car once it is in the trailer?

Padre 06-23-2011 01:13 PM

Good luck PQ! :w00t:

:popcorn:

Padre

PQ 06-23-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bi11ymc (Post 3375678)
With a small blower cam and conservative tune, I ended up with

525 RWHP / 490 RWTQ

You should be able to beat that, unless those 22" wheels are a big hindrance.

I'm hoping for a bit more, but it's just a number. The real numbers come on the subsequent time sheets. :thumbsup:

But it would be nice to get some decent water cooler numbers out of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justa25thTA (Post 3375715)
so how do you get out of the car once it is in the trailer?

I climbed out the window. ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Padre (Post 3375743)
Good luck PQ! :w00t:

:popcorn:

Padre

:emoticon14:

Speedy1975 06-23-2011 01:19 PM

Cool man, fingers crossed.

bkalt 06-23-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justa25thTA (Post 3375715)
so how do you get out of the car once it is in the trailer?

Thats the first thing I thought of when I saw the pictures

hypurone 06-23-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3375750)
I'm hoping for a bit more, but it's just a number. The real numbers come on the subsequent time sheets. :thumbsup:

But it would be nice to get some decent water cooler numbers out of it.

I climbed out the window. ;)
:emoticon14:

Are you gonna pulley down for the new cam? If not, expect lower numbers. Are you gonna get a TC? You aren't gonna like the "push" at idle without one me thinks....

RJT-Maro 06-23-2011 01:58 PM

Dude, I am psyched for you!! You are going to love having a cammed car! :headbang:

Whenever he gets his car back we're gonna see a thread from Bonnie saying "PQ has died in a horrific accident involving a knife" :confused0068:

:rolleyes: :laugh:

All kidding aside, it's going to be a totally different car Randy. I'm glad I did the cam with my build, it's funny watching people when we pull into places and they see this 'new' car loping like nobody's business! I'm ready to hear your car!

I will be following to see how it progresses. :thumbsup:

2010 SSRS 06-23-2011 02:08 PM

They even come to pick up the car, now that's first class service, need that around here.

GEEo 06-23-2011 02:10 PM

:w00t:

mikeSS 06-23-2011 02:40 PM

good stuff.

PQ 06-23-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypurone (Post 3375947)
Are you gonna pulley down for the new cam? If not, expect lower numbers. Are you gonna get a TC? You aren't gonna like the "push" at idle without one me thinks....

3.2 pulley. Down from a 3.6 now. And the cam is mild enough for the stock stall. If not, then I go back bigger. But I'm after the extra power more so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJT-Maro (Post 3375953)
All kidding aside, it's going to be a totally different car Randy. I'm glad I did the cam with my build, it's funny watching people when we pull into places and they see this 'new' car loping like nobody's business! I'm ready to hear your car!

I will be following to see how it progresses. :thumbsup:

Mine won't be so radical, but it already sounds good so I hope it at least gives me some more rumble. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS (Post 3375986)
They even come to pick up the car, now that's first class service, need that around here.

:word:

RJT-Maro 06-23-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3376153)
3.2 pulley. Down from a 3.6 now. And the cam is mild enough for the stock stall. If not, then I go back bigger. But I'm after the extra power more so.

Mine won't be so radical, but it already sounds good so I hope it at least gives me some more rumble. :)


:word:

Yeah it should..... You still should have a definite lope to it I would think? I'm going to get some videos today of my car, and make a build thread I guess, even though it's already built :iono: haha.

Next summer I plan on doing some bigger things to it ;)

CamaroFemme 06-23-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS (Post 3375986)
They even come to pick up the car, now that's first class service, need that around here.

How much (if anything) do they charge for trucking to & from? You can pm me so Le Bon doesn't see if you want.:D

PQ 06-23-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFemme (Post 3376195)
How much (if anything) do they charge for trucking to & from? You can pm me so Le Bon doesn't see if you want.:D

Well, I had gone up there a few weeks back to get it tuned because we were thinking it would fix my surging issue. Obviously now we know it wasn't in the tune. Ron wanted to make sure I was taken care of so he contacted me and offered to come get the car and dyagnose the problem at no cost. Had the leak not gotten worse making me think there was a lifter issue, I'd have gotten out of it with just the cost of the Header gaskets.

But I decided to do the cam when I thought the lifters were going bad. :rolleyes:

Not looking back now. :D

RJT-Maro 06-23-2011 03:21 PM

Did they give you a time frame for when the car was going to be done??

Toyaholic 06-23-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justa25thTA (Post 3375715)
so how do you get out of the car once it is in the trailer?

You can get out of the window, but it's not real easy. My next trailer will have the escape door!

Darth_Emma 06-23-2011 03:42 PM

Hehehehe... I just had a thought... what if I tell Bonnie that PQ intentionally used the paper header gasket so he had an excuse to get a cam now... :paddle:

RJT-Maro 06-23-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 3376406)
Hehehehe... I just had a thought... what if I tell Bonnie that PQ intentionally used the paper header gasket so he had an excuse to get a cam now... :paddle:

Uh oh...... :yikes: :paddle:

PQ 06-23-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJT-Maro (Post 3376318)
Did they give you a time frame for when the car was going to be done??

He said he'd build it this week. Drive it around tuning early next week to make sure it's 100% right and finish tuning it mid next week. I could pick it up next weekend. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toyaholic (Post 3376349)
You can get out of the window, but it's not real easy. My next trailer will have the escape door!

I'm pretty small. It was not hard at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 3376406)
Hehehehe... I just had a thought... what if I tell Bonnie that PQ intentionally used the paper header gasket so he had an excuse to get a cam now... :paddle:

She'd believe it. LOL

CamaroFemme 06-23-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toyaholic (Post 3376349)
You can get out of the window, but it's not real easy. My next trailer will have the escape door!

Through the back seats and out the trunk, says my glowing neon instructional trunkpop thingie.

RJT-Maro 06-23-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3376445)
He said he'd build it this week. Drive it around tuning early next week to make sure it's 100% right and finish tuning it mid next week. I could pick it up next weekend. :D

I'm pretty small. It was not hard at all.

She'd believe it. LOL

Sweet. It's great they are taking their time to get everything perfect for you. They are a great business to deal with. When we were looking for my son a car up around ATL, we stopped by their shop and Ron gave us a shop tour and everything. They really are stand up people! :thumbup: I was surprised MTI got mine done so fast. I dropped it off Monday morning and picked it up Friday evening. That shows these people know what they are doing. But Resse did stay really late Thursday getting my car tuned and dynoed, then they put the cut-outs on Friday.

Both businesses are great!

garcmol 06-23-2011 04:01 PM

Just tell her they brought it to my house to fix it.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.