Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is there a Official Discount Thread???? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15785)

DETROIT2010Camaro 03-18-2009 05:15 AM

Is there a Official Discount Thread????
 
Been a "behind the scenes viewer" for a while now, but since its time now...I said it was time to join and get my questions answered....



Is there a official discount thread??? I would like a thread that would help us get as much money off as possible!!! So far everybody knows about Employee Discount, Supplier Discount, and the 4.5% Credit Union Discount....but is there anymore discounts and/or rebates that we can Combine with other discounts??

It would be great to go in and get a SS at least $5000( or more) off MSRP!!!

So can we all help each other with Discounts and post them here...

Thanks

fireresq157 03-18-2009 10:46 AM

You won't see anything like that for at least 2 years. My dealer will honor all discounts and he is just outside the Detroit area (Midland). Here check this out.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13871

Bell040 03-18-2009 11:17 AM

More importantly, is there a reference or a document out there somewhere that states that GM is accepting discounts?

I know that the dealers do not have to accept the GM discounts, but it would be nice to go in there with something that states that GM is accepting the discounts... and maybe proof that other dealerships are accepting them.

Mr_Draco 03-18-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DETROIT2010Camaro (Post 345046)
Been a "behind the scenes viewer" for a while now, but since its time now...I said it was time to join and get my questions answered....



Is there a official discount thread??? I would like a thread that would help us get as much money off as possible!!! So far everybody knows about Employee Discount, Supplier Discount, and the 4.5% Credit Union Discount....but is there anymore discounts and/or rebates that we can Combine with other discounts??

It would be great to go in and get a SS at least $5000( or more) off MSRP!!!

So can we all help each other with Discounts and post them here...

Thanks

You won't be seeing that much until next summer at the earliest.

Also, the Credit Union discount isn't 4.5% off the price. It's the same price as the suppliers discount.

DDustiNN 03-18-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DETROIT2010Camaro (Post 345046)
Been a "behind the scenes viewer" for a while now, but since its time now...I said it was time to join and get my questions answered....



Is there a official discount thread??? I would like a thread that would help us get as much money off as possible!!! So far everybody knows about Employee Discount, Supplier Discount, and the 4.5% Credit Union Discount....but is there anymore discounts and/or rebates that we can Combine with other discounts??

It would be great to go in and get a SS at least $5000( or more) off MSRP!!!

So can we all help each other with Discounts and post them here...

Thanks

Aren't these the same? I was under the impression that Credit Union discount = Recent Grad discount = Supplier discount. Is this not true?

Mr_Draco 03-18-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDustiNN (Post 345407)
Aren't these the same? I was under the impression that Credit Union discount = Recent Grad discount = Supplier discount. Is this not true?

Yes they are all the same discount and same price.

2010 2-Tone 03-18-2009 11:42 AM

Discounts
 
Guys,
Let's keep this thread going. This information is very useful. Does anyone know for sure that the dealership will in fact accept the credit union discount and can we bring it in at the time of order or only at the time you pick up the your car???:help::headbang::headbang:

Mr_Draco 03-18-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone (Post 345431)
Guys,
Let's keep this thread going. This information is very useful. Does anyone know for sure that the dealership will in fact accept the credit union discount and can we bring it in at the time of order or only at the time you pick up the your car???:help::headbang::headbang:

GM is accepting it but your dealer may not. You bring the paperwork and proof that you are a member of a credit union when your car is delivered.

CamaroScotty 03-18-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DETROIT2010Camaro (Post 345046)
It would be great to go in and get a SS at least $5000( or more) off MSRP!!!

Thanks

Yes it would be - I'd sign up for THAT ONE! :chevy:

DETROIT2010Camaro 03-18-2009 03:47 PM

Thanks for the replies guys....

Can somebody tell me How Much will a GM Employee Discount be or how much percent im looking at gettin off??? thanks

UCF w00t 03-18-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DETROIT2010Camaro (Post 345921)
Thanks for the replies guys....

Can somebody tell me How Much will a GM Employee Discount be or how much percent im looking at gettin off??? thanks

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...846#post299846
That's the latest pricing info as far as I'm aware.

RICK108 03-18-2009 03:55 PM

The G.M. employee discount i believe should be 10-12% off sticker or so i'm told... I just found out that my dealer will not honor the employee discount on their 1st 10 cars, bummer, because i was the first to order mine at my dealer. However, i'm told that another local dealer will honor the discount after their first 5 cars sold. the savings could be almost $3800.00. i will be checking further into this.

UCF w00t 03-18-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICK108 (Post 345942)
The G.M. employee discount i believe should be 10-12% off sticker or so i'm told... I just found out that my dealer will not honor the employee discount on their 1st 10 cars, bummer, because i was the first to order mine at my dealer. However, i'm told that another local dealer will honor the discount after their first 5 cars sold. the savings could be almost $3800.00. i will be checking further into this.

See my previous post. The price off a 2SS is $2357.25 or about 7%. There's no reason to guess. The info is there.

Ry4nVan 03-18-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell040 (Post 345380)
More importantly, is there a reference or a document out there somewhere that states that GM is accepting discounts?

I know that the dealers do not have to accept the GM discounts, but it would be nice to go in there with something that states that GM is accepting the discounts... and maybe proof that other dealerships are accepting them.


YES-- keep this thread going, because I NEED the same document you speak of. My dealership said they will probably honor any GM discount... it's just they can't find any reference that shows GM will honor the discount.

Can somebody help out here on this matter?

Mike24 03-18-2009 09:41 PM

What % is the GM supplier discount?

Mr_Draco 03-18-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike24 (Post 346734)
What % is the GM supplier discount?

I'm not sure on the percent but on a 2SS it's $1,000

Bell040 03-19-2009 03:54 PM

no official word yet???

no GM documents showing that the GMS pricing is a go?

SS 376 03-19-2009 04:20 PM

We definitely need a sticky for dealers honoring discounts. Dealers who are willing to go the extra mile and give the best deal to their customers should be rewarded!:thumbsup:

1_2Many 03-19-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell040 (Post 348546)
no official word yet???

no GM documents showing that the GMS pricing is a go?

The only thing that even gives hope on this is on the credit union discount program the "concept camaro" is listed as eligible. If this is true then if you are a member of qualifying credit union you should get the supplier pricing...that is if your dealership honors this. Mine claims he will if it is available when the Camaro arrives, but I can sense his fingers crossed behind his back.

Rallyman6 03-19-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 345506)
Yes it would be - I'd sign up for THAT ONE! :chevy:

I know you are being sarcastic - we both know, and anyone who works for a dealer knows that discounts will be far and few between.

The camaro hasn't even started to be advertised - a dealer would rather keep a car then take any loss considering how hot the car is, and will be.

Muzi has 2 camaros still available for pre-orders. We had people ask for discounts on the camaro if they order one. (we sent them away unless they pay MSRP)

That's my opinion...

Good for you if you get a discount from a dealer directly - GM Dealers DO NOT have to honor GMS

bob2the2nd 03-19-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1_2Many (Post 348688)
The only thing that even gives hope on this is on the credit union discount program the "concept camaro" is listed as eligible. If this is true then if you are a member of qualifying credit union you should get the supplier pricing...that is if your dealership honors this. Mine claims he will if it is available when the Camaro arrives, but I can sense his fingers crossed behind his back.

GM announced at the last IDL that the camaro would be eligible for all GM incentives from day 1.. to bad we dont know what those incentives are yet.

Ry4nVan 03-19-2009 07:56 PM

Called the dealership today. They told me that they understand that GM is allowing the discounts... however the General Manager will no not allow it anymore. I shook the mans hand on the deal October 13th, 2008. He waited until my order was pulled, and production starts on my Camaro next week to finally tell me that "No, we are not allowing discounts on the Camaro anymore" :thumbdown:

I thought dealerships were struggling to stay a float?

g_ace 03-20-2009 02:05 AM

Military Discount
 
First Post on the board and I have a question.

I understand that Chevy offers a Military Discount. As of right now only the 2008 and 2009 cars are listed. I am trying to hold off and crossing my fingers that they add the 2010 models so that I can finally go and take it from a dream to a reality.

So does anyone know if Chevy will add the 2010 models to this list.

espo19047 03-20-2009 09:00 AM

You guys all know the pricing for this car is a fantastic value. The market will dictate when it is time to discount the Camaro. Many of these dealers are only getting a handfull of Camaros so they are going to try to get what they can for them. Some of the people who ordered the Camaro will not see theirs until summer. If you do not want to pay msrp you should just wait. Right now there is a long line willing to pay msrp. That can change anytime hopefully for GM it stays at msrp for a long time.

Mac1 03-20-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell040 (Post 348546)
no official word yet???

no GM documents showing that the GMS pricing is a go?

Addressed this issue yesterday. GMS, supplier and military discounts will be offered by GM. Keep in mind that any particular dealer is not obligated by GM to honor the discount. As of yesterday (3/19) there has been no official posting of the discount amounts because GM is in the process of revamping their site. The site to go to is gmfamilyfirst.com. Phone 800-235-4646 or for Marketing division 800-950-2438. Be advised gmfamilyfirst.com requires ID. Hope this helps and please share what ever info becomes available. :wave:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.