Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   BEHAVIOR. LANGUAGE. RESPECT. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15992)

Moose 03-19-2009 11:51 PM

BEHAVIOR. LANGUAGE. RESPECT.
 
I am asking, everyone, PLEASE, before you hit the "SUBMIT" button, RE-READ YOUR POST.

I, and I'll assume the other Mods., and Admins., as well, are tired of spending way too much time editing posts, checking for language, etc.! Instead of posting useful new information, engaging in knowledgeable and informative discussions, our time is spent policing.

PLEASE do not get me wrong! That IS the responsibility of being a Mod./Admin., and I welcome the responsibility. But the language, lack of respect, hostility, and lack of maturity by some, is getting way out of hand.

This site, as stated earlier, is a great site, one I take much pride in. You all should as well.

PLEASE! Show that pride by being respectful, using the proper language, etc.!

ArcAngel 03-19-2009 11:56 PM

You are a thousand percent correct and I can admit that I sometimes am guilty! I am not trying to excuse myself but it is only because I care so much for GM and this Camaro, and sometimes people dont want to hear a differing opinion or constructive criticism. I try my hardest to take the high road but sometimes in my humanity I fail

Moose 03-20-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 349860)
You are a thousand percent correct and I can admit that I sometimes am guilty! I am not trying to excuse myself but it is only because I care so much for GM and this Camaro, and sometimes people dont want to hear a differing opinion or constructive criticism. I try my hardest to take the high road but sometimes in my humanity I fail

I realize being passionate about a car, sports team, etc., can cause anyone to say/post/write something they otherwise might not. ;) I'm human as well. :D

I just ask that we all try to behave a little better. :thumbsup: This site will be better for it. :thumbsup:

Chewy 03-20-2009 12:06 AM

psh, i do what i want!...





...and i want to stay, so i'll continue being good lol

ArcAngel 03-20-2009 12:15 AM

Thanks moose ya know we share a few passions the Camaro, GM, and the Dallas Cowboys!

Silver Streak 03-20-2009 12:36 AM

:respekt:

bigd1276 03-20-2009 12:39 AM

Now I think I've been well mannered so far, but as a diehard Redskin fan that blue star really gets me spittin mad.:mad0259::fighting0056:

ArcAngel 03-20-2009 12:40 AM

Sorry that your a skins fan LOL

jeffny09 03-20-2009 12:40 AM

must be talking bout me!

MerlinZero 03-20-2009 12:40 AM

Moose... you big Ogre... :) we luv ya man!!!!

PQ 03-20-2009 12:45 AM

Well, I'm a Bills fan and the Skins and Boys have dashed my hopes too many times buncha @#%#%^ @%#$^%^& $##^%$^^& #@$%%^

Oh, sorry.

JK

If I've ever been edited I appologise.

Maybe 3 strikes and out.

bigd1276 03-20-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 349980)
Sorry that your a skins fan LOL

Guess we all have our faults.

bigd1276 03-20-2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 349991)
Well, I'm a Bills fan and the Skins and Boys have dashed my hopes too many times buncha @#%#%^ @%#$^%^& $##^%$^^& #@$%%^

Oh, sorry.

JK

If I've ever been edited I appologise.

Maybe 3 strikes and out.

No I do remember a certain Super Bowl 26..................:happyanim:

jeffny09 03-20-2009 12:48 AM

maybe we should figure out what size red halos i need to replace them with red

ArcAngel 03-20-2009 12:49 AM

HUH^^^ left field much LOL

jeffny09 03-20-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 350004)
HUH^^^ left field much LOL

well i cant get an answer on the other page lol

PQ 03-20-2009 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 350004)
HUH^^^ left field much LOL

:laughabove:
PostWhore syndrome!

TAG UR IT 03-20-2009 01:32 AM

Seriously....

7 PM's when I get home....and another 10 or so reported posts...(not to mention my regular emails I need to check)

I answer every pm everyday...at least I try...and that takes time.

Then, I go to the reported posts....and try to do what's best. Usually, and this is because I get on the puter a little later than the other mods, the reported posts have been taken care of. But sometimes they have not been. 45 min to an hour later, after re-reading the back and forth, a decision is made and the post/thread taken care of...or no action is taken at all...or, a pm is sent...etc. This takes time.

I LOVE being a mod...as does Moose and the others...

But this drama has to stop! The bickering....name calling....I mean....geesh.....

Let's do our best to be nice!...as I'd love to just be able to sit down and READ stuff and watch new videos....

I'd like to remind everyone here that we can discuss just about anything here. The reason we could go into some very "hot topics" are because we are respectful of other peoples opinions and stances. Agree to disagree and move on, basically. It's rather simple. The majority of the topics that cause recent problems have not been the topics themselves...but rather the way in which people go about discussing them. The message is not in and of itself a bad message....it's how the message is conveyed to the reader.

Be careful of what you say. Be careful of HOW YOU SAY IT.

C'mon folks...let's have some respect for ALL people here and enjoy what's this site is all about!

Milk 1027 03-20-2009 01:39 AM

Well if someone refuses to behave you can simply.....

jeffny09 03-20-2009 01:42 AM

word

KILLER74Z28 03-20-2009 01:57 AM

"Be careful of what you say. Be careful of HOW YOU SAY IT."

^^^^^^^^This is what needs to be stressed...

People we are loosing our patience fast when it comes to typing and submitting before you think it through... :paddle: ;)

Camarino 03-20-2009 01:59 AM

yea definitely been guilty of a bad word or two bu never had anything serious but try to be more observant

sometimes is REALLY just better to ignore a stupid comment, rather than answer it because its hard to REALLY get your point across with typing anyway

are substitutions acceptable
like @#$, or $$

I DO NOT mean to sound like a smart a...aleck lol, i'm just curious so as to avoid thngs that can be avoided

Tal 03-20-2009 03:00 AM

Things have been a bit excitable lately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 (Post 350123)
People we are loosing our patience fast when it comes to typing and submitting before you think it through... :paddle: ;)

So the moral of the thread is I don't want a killer as my doc? :iono: :scared0016:
:burnrubber:

New2010CamaroLover 03-20-2009 03:10 AM

I am guilty of one who enjoys watching people ripping those who are $&@!'$& idio... Slow/new. One of the main reasons I joined this site is because of all the info/help I've received from many of the intelligent folks who are so dedicated and helpful to those that don't known as much as others. So I can only speak for myself but I for one will just simply answer a stupid question (that can easily be searched) to the best of my ability or just ignore even if it boils my blood too much (are those the real headlights, haha classic example that I couldn't pass up) Thanks mods for continuing to push us to be better and to keep this the best forums ever!!!

OUR72GTO 03-20-2009 03:43 AM

This morning I was afraid a pot was going to boil over today .... I think it was a good thing to remove it from the stove.

I prefer to get a lot of laughs mixed with the information.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.