Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   New Camaro ZL1 Video! Intro/Overview by Chief Engineer Al Oppenheiser (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161481)

Blue Maro Demon 07-28-2011 12:39 AM

New Camaro ZL1 Video! Intro/Overview by Chief Engineer Al Oppenheiser
 
As featured on Camaro5 HOMEPAGE.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYf0M...el_video_title

I don't know if anyone has posted this video yet I never had seen it.
Makes me want a ZL1 soooooooooooooooooooooo bad!:chevy::chevy::chevy:

DanSS24 07-28-2011 01:18 AM

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:: drool:
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:: drool:

BlemsBumble 07-28-2011 03:02 AM

I'm sold already.

Mark H 07-28-2011 03:59 AM

Very cool :)

CoolestCamaro873 07-28-2011 06:00 AM

anyone can tell me what they want, but i am sorry that car is not victory red. it is way way to nice & bright to be victory red. it is a spitting image of the vette's torch red in that video.

Wvallediego 07-28-2011 06:30 AM

$$$$$$

L36L72LS3 07-28-2011 06:53 AM

I will be selling my 2011 2SSRS 6M in Rally Yellow ((no stripes)) with just 700 miles to get one of these. I love the '11. but a ZL1 to match my 69 SS427 will be the TITS to have it.

SSNIGHTMARE 07-28-2011 07:00 AM

can we never use the term "zed" l1 ever again

Lgndryhr 07-28-2011 08:42 AM

drools.....:drool:

Shurenuff 07-28-2011 09:00 AM

:thanks::happy0180:

ZL1 in 1080p = :drool::wub:

Krobar 07-28-2011 10:01 AM

I wonder what he ment by next generation eaton supercharger? I wonder if it is a new form of the tvs1900 or 2200 or something completly different. Or I might be reading to much into it in hopes of something even more astounding as prommised.

radz28 07-28-2011 10:22 AM

NOW THAT'S HOW YOU START OFF A GREAT DAY!!!

THANKS FOR SHARING!!! YES - I'M YELLING :) Great interview.

KKreme15 07-28-2011 11:12 AM

Is it safe to say that the supercharger that will appear in the ZL1 is not he same as the one from the caddy?

Shurenuff 07-28-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKreme15 (Post 3533397)
Is it safe to say that the supercharger that will appear in the ZL1 is. OT the same as the one from the caddy?


It is safe to say that. But you never know, they could be upgrading the supercharger for both the ZL1 and CTS-V with a "next gen" unit, whatever that may be.

We won't know for sure until they spill all the beans.

OldScoolCamaro 07-28-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon (Post 3532090)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYf0M...el_video_title

I don't know if anyone has posted this video yet I never had seen it.
Makes me want a ZL1 soooooooooooooooooooooo bad!:chevy::chevy::chevy:

...awwwwwww FTW..... thats it, game over, no more moaning and bitchin from me, no sireeee Bob.., ZL1 is the be all to end all....yeah baby....... bring it on!!!!! I am smackin my chops and itchin to get one.......I'm back on track and not considering any other solution to my wanting a 5th gen right now, Z-28 is comin at some point thats for sure, but in the meantime,......heaven can wait, but not me,..gotta have this. This video clip is the ultimate teaser and it reminded me of what I was cheering for all along....:thumbsup:

DevilKnightFalcon 07-28-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 (Post 3532365)
anyone can tell me what they want, but i am sorry that car is not victory red. it is way way to nice & bright to be victory red. it is a spitting image of the vette's torch red in that video.

I have seen the car in person and yes it is Victory Red.

ShnOmac 07-28-2011 11:57 AM

Nice find! :thumbup: :drinking: :thumbsup: :popcorn:

radz28 07-28-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKreme15 (Post 3533397)
Is it safe to say that the supercharger that will appear in the ZL1 is not he same as the one from the caddy?

GM stated it was a 1900, which is the same set CTS-V has now. The upper plenum is different, even though the upper plenums from ZR1, CTS-V, and I imagine ZL1 are interchangable. Some details to consider are the intercooler hose routing and cowl clearance. Anyways, it would be nice for GM to stuff the 2300 from LS9 onto LSA, but my hopes aren't high. Magnuson has posted that the 1900 rotor set is good to 800 horsepower, so there's still a fair amount of headroom and you gotta' know that GM isn't hardly leaning on it in the 9 psi boost it is with CTS-V.

Lucavi 07-28-2011 12:35 PM

I want those vertical stack fog lights on my 2011. I hope someone makes a conversion kit, because I'd buy it right now.

CoolestCamaro873 07-28-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon (Post 3533661)
I have seen the car in person and yes it is Victory Red.

so you're saying it looks like crap in person?

2010 SSRS 07-28-2011 01:51 PM

I am going to need a bigger Garage soon.

Truck Norris 07-28-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 3533790)
GM stated it was a 1900, which is the same set CTS-V has now. The upper plenum is different, even though the upper plenums from ZR1, CTS-V, and I imagine ZL1 are interchangable. Some details to consider are the intercooler hose routing and cowl clearance. Anyways, it would be nice for GM to stuff the 2300 from LS9 onto LSA, but my hopes aren't high. Magnuson has posted that the 1900 rotor set is good to 800 horsepower, so there's still a fair amount of headroom and you gotta' know that GM isn't hardly leaning on it in the 9 psi boost it is with CTS-V.

I'm sure he's just speaking out of the Eaton promotional info that goes into the advantages of the TVS design vs the traditional like still found on the GT500's. I don't think its going to be making any more hp then the CTS-V

I like most everything about it, but couldn't they save the gold bow tie on the steering wheel for the cobalt and put a ZL1 logo on the steering wheel just like they use to so with the first gen SS, RS, ect?

OldScoolCamaro 07-28-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS (Post 3534344)
I am going to need a bigger Garage soon.

LOL...I can see your predicament, however for me it's out the old, and in with the new! I'm parting with my '02 35th SS to get the ZL1..., oh well...que serra, serra...., it would be nice to keep 'em all. I hope you can build a bigger barn for your machines! :thumbsup:

Z4me 07-28-2011 03:08 PM

Fun Times ahead for all us die hard car fanatics, can't wait till next year when I get my new toy.

lbls1 07-28-2011 06:24 PM

good vid.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.