Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   CD PLAYER?? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16415)

TROY2010 03-23-2009 06:23 PM

CD PLAYER??
 
Is it a multi disc changer or single anyone know???

bigd1276 03-23-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROY2010 (Post 358354)
Is it a multi disc changer or single anyone know???

Single

stovt001 03-23-2009 07:49 PM

Does any car offer multi-disc anymore? If so, why? I figure in under 3 years we'll start seeing CD players optional and disappearing after that.

bluch 03-23-2009 07:50 PM

USB Ipod connection! who needs CDs?? :D

MikeZ28 03-23-2009 10:42 PM

Also, if the CD player supports MP3 files directly, as most do now, then you can put something like 20 hours of music on a single CD (depending on compression).

cam2fst4u 03-23-2009 10:44 PM

hmm single cd? I thought they would have had a changer but i guess its all good since there is a usb connection for the ipods and zunes

MRSBMCS 03-23-2009 10:58 PM

I guess I'd better get the neighbor kid to show me how to put songs onto my ipod! I feel so old

cam2fst4u 03-23-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRSBMCS (Post 359053)
I guess I'd better get the neighbor kid to show me how to put songs onto my ipod! I feel so old

:laughabove: hey its pretty easy :thumbup:

SIK07GTSTANG 03-23-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stovt001 (Post 358573)
Does any car offer multi-disc anymore? If so, why? I figure in under 3 years we'll start seeing CD players optional and disappearing after that.

Yep, the Mustang does.

Camaro_Corvette 03-23-2009 11:09 PM

I bet it will read an mp3 disk which would work great.

Q8-CamaroSS 03-23-2009 11:12 PM

isn't the USB connection an Option ?!

Camarino 03-23-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q8-CamaroSS (Post 359081)
isn't the USB connection an Option ?!

YES :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro_corvette (Post 359075)
I bet it will read an mp3 disk which would work great.

AND YES lol:D

hmm i could be wrong but i think a multi disk is offered on the SS
but for some reason Chevy.com/camaro is down right now
someone wanna check ?

Q8-CamaroSS 03-23-2009 11:25 PM

Nope working just Fine try this

http://www.chevrolet.com/allnewcamaro/#

Camarino 03-23-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q8-CamaroSS (Post 359106)
Nope working just Fine try this

http://www.chevrolet.com/allnewcamaro/#

nope lol wierd only site that says connection interupted

well any way... was i wrong about the cd player ??:D

Matrix 03-24-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRSBMCS (Post 359053)
I guess I'd better get the neighbor kid to show me how to put songs onto my ipod! I feel so old

If you didnt have an iPod it would be easy as drag and drop!

iTunes SUX!

Go the mp3 way on your mp3 play ...way more versatile. Yeah who needs CD's in yor car anymore, they are a nuisance to me!

lucerovski 03-24-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q8-CamaroSS (Post 359081)
isn't the USB connection an Option ?!


Yes, but the AUX jack is standard. You won't be able to control your MP3 player through the car stereo, but you can still listen to your tunes.

stovt001 03-24-2009 01:40 AM

Yeah, the aux input means even the cheapest digital music player can be played through the stereo, so if you're not getting the USB port (I'm not) you're still good. It doesn't bother me that I can't control the ipod through the car's controls, as I just set it on a playlist and let it go anyway.

lakestar 03-24-2009 03:39 AM

I just bought my first mp3 player, partly because the Camaro I have ordered will be able to play it. I bought a zune 120. I've never been a fan of Apple stuff. No issues getting the songs from the computer to the player.

zebra 03-24-2009 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluch (Post 358577)
USB Ipod connection! who needs CDs?? :D

i use CDs in the truck. when i got the new head unit, it was an upgrade over the AM radio (FM antenna input shorted out).

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeZ28 (Post 359018)
Also, if the CD player supports MP3 files directly, as most do now, then you can put something like 20 hours of music on a single CD (depending on compression).

:barf: compressed music... but then again, i'm an audio engineer! :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q8-CamaroSS (Post 359081)
isn't the USB connection an Option ?!

optional for 1LT
standard for 2LT & 2SS

Sierra 03-24-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRSBMCS (Post 359053)
I guess I'd better get the neighbor kid to show me how to put songs onto my ipod! I feel so old

Pretty easy to do it. Just down load itunes. Once you link your ipod to your comp, its pretty much automatic after that.

Liberty1 03-24-2009 09:30 AM

For anyone used to the horrible interface and user unfrieldy winamp and windows media player, iTunes will seem foriegn as the simplicity and intelligence of the software will be overwhelming the first few times someone new uses it. But trust the iTunes sync software and it will be the easiest and greatest music and mp3 player and manager out there. But it does require you to free your mind from the shackles of Microsoft. :)

Tal 03-24-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberty1 (Post 359554)
For anyone used to the horrible interface and user unfrieldy winamp and windows media player, iTunes will seem foriegn as the simplicity and intelligence of the software will be overwhelming the first few times someone new uses it. But trust the iTunes sync software and it will be the easiest and greatest music and mp3 player and manager out there. But it does require you to free your mind from the shackles of Microsoft. :)

I like Itunes but it comes with it's own shackles. I would have next to no complaints if I could find a simple way to get Itunes to rescan my mp3 directory to detect any changes I've made, right now it's a serious headache IMO.

MikeZ28 03-24-2009 04:31 PM

I don't really understand all this "sync" and "library" stuff with the Ipod. Why doesn't it just work like a USB hard drive, where you drag n drop MP3 files however you want to, to or from any device, as many times as you want? I understand you can only use the Ipod with one PC really? Is music you buy from Itunes "locked" to the Ipod or can you load it onto other devices, burn to different media, etc?

I hate products or software that are designed to protect somebody else's profits, above and beyond the user's convenience. See all the intrusive copy protection on newer PC games and even CDs. If I buy a CD (or music in MP3 format) I don't want any restrictions on how many copies I make and/or what devices I play it on.

Nexus6 03-24-2009 06:35 PM

you should be able to put music on a flash drive,which would be easier than an ipod

Tal 03-24-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeZ28 (Post 360386)
I don't really understand all this "sync" and "library" stuff with the Ipod. Why doesn't it just work like a USB hard drive, where you drag n drop MP3 files however you want to, to or from any device, as many times as you want? I understand you can only use the Ipod with one PC really? Is music you buy from Itunes "locked" to the Ipod or can you load it onto other devices, burn to different media, etc?

I hate products or software that are designed to protect somebody else's profits, above and beyond the user's convenience. See all the intrusive copy protection on newer PC games and even CDs. If I buy a CD (or music in MP3 format) I don't want any restrictions on how many copies I make and/or what devices I play it on.

Well it makes it harder for doofuses to mess up their ipod, and it added another layer to the DRM protection. With DRM headed the way of the dodo as far as music though that part is less of an issue than it used to be.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.