Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Documenting the 2011 Woodward Dream Cruise thru my camera (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165435)

rtcat600man 08-15-2011 10:37 PM

Documenting the 2011 Woodward Dream Cruise thru my camera
 
13 Attachment(s)
Featured on CAMARO5 HOMEPAGE.

Day 1, Monday August 15th. The actual day is Saturday and the party is already starting up. I went down to Woodward today with my neighbor. We arrived around a little after 8 pm. By the time we got down around 13 mile it was obvious the weather was bringing everyone out early. People and cars everywhere. So here is the first day of photos. Not many as we ran out of daylight. I told my neighbor to just shoot off some shots to help record the event.
Attachment 277745
Attachment 277747

rtcat600man 08-15-2011 10:38 PM

26 Attachment(s)
Day 2 Tuesday

Well went for another cruise on the way home from work today. Took a few photos. Later that evening I went back out with my wife. We took a few more photos. Saw Becky out cruising in her IOM Indy Pace Camaro.........:w00t:

rtcat600man 08-15-2011 10:38 PM

8 Attachment(s)
8/17/2011. Drove home from work going up Woodward. Did not have a chance to take many photos. I needed to get home to get ready for the Def Leopard concert at Pine Knob later that evening with some of our friends. Concert was GREAT. Time to post the few photos I took today.

rtcat600man 08-15-2011 10:39 PM

50 Attachment(s)
Thursday August 18. Another GREAT day out on Woodward. First had lunch with some friends at Redcoat Tavern. Then sat for a couple hours near the Shell station and watch the show. Including the Volt parade with special guest the ZL1 driven by Al Oppenheiser. By 5 pm we worked our way down to the Moose Preserve to catch up to the GM performance Division gathering for the cruise along Woodward with over 70 Corvettes, Camaro's and Cadillacs.

Here are the photos as taken today. Watch for the ZL1 in the parade at the 2:43 mark.

Parade



ZL1


rtcat600man 08-15-2011 10:39 PM

50 Attachment(s)
Last of Thursday's photos.

Attachment 277393
Attachment 277394
Attachment 277395
Attachment 277396
Attachment 277397
Attachment 277398
Attachment 277399


Here are the start of Friday's photos's This may take a while for me to sort and load, but here are a few.

rtcat600man 08-15-2011 10:39 PM

50 Attachment(s)
More from Friday.

rtcat600man 08-15-2011 10:40 PM

50 Attachment(s)
still more from Friday.

TiffBiff 08-16-2011 05:51 AM

You got a picture of the Palms Motel :barf: where I will be hanging out on Saturday after the parade.

rtcat600man 08-17-2011 05:38 AM

50 Attachment(s)
Still more from Friday.

rtcat600man 08-17-2011 11:48 PM

18 Attachment(s)
Last of the Friday photos..........:thumbsup:

lionssfan 08-18-2011 02:11 AM

thanks photo's rtcat600man, I haven't been down there yet looks busy already. where are the camaro's hanging out?

rtcat600man 08-18-2011 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionssfan (Post 3633885)
thanks photo's rtcat600man, I haven't been down there yet looks busy already. where are the camaro's hanging out?

Everywhere. No one has established a spot for us yet.

1COR.1:18 08-18-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiffBiff (Post 3623074)
You got a picture of the Palms Motel :barf: where I will be hanging out on Saturday after the parade.


http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=60723

rtcat600man 08-18-2011 11:11 PM

50 Attachment(s)
Videos are up from today, having a tough go with the photos, work on them some more tomorrow.


OK I did not leave enough reserved spaces. So that I can keep most of all my photos on the first page I am using some of my later posts.....:thumbsup:


Here is the first of 3 posts for the Saturday photos. I narrowed the 700 photos down to 150. Many were duplicates, or too blurry, or just not good enough.

hv92 08-18-2011 11:34 PM

the ZL1 looks SO sick coming down the street. Thanks for the vids!

1COR.1:18 08-19-2011 05:39 AM

OK so this sounds like fun, but you can't make it this year?
Start planning for next year, 3rd Saturday of August every year.
The biggest one day event in the world and it's all about cars.
1,500,000 people, 50,000+ cars
This is it, nothing else comes close.....
Want a taste? Live web cast Saturday noon till 8PM
http://www.womc.radio.com
Check it out, see why we go crazy over this cruise.
Come next year, bring your cars, have a blast.

rtcat600man 08-19-2011 07:13 AM

42 Attachment(s)
Photos from Thursday have been updated.


I have now added the second set of 150 photos from Saturday.

HDRDTD 08-19-2011 09:09 AM

8 Attachment(s)
More photo's from Thursday's GM Performance car cruise (74 cars)

Note the little square sticker in the lower right hand corner of the windshield on a couple of the Camaros. Those are CTF stickers.

rtcat600man 08-19-2011 09:19 AM

50 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 3639777)
More photo's from Thursday's GM Performance car cruise (74 cars)

Note the little square sticker in the lower right hand corner of the windshield on a couple of the Camaros. Those are CTF stickers.


Thanks for sharing Tim..........:w00t:


Last set of photos. from the dream cruise.

bee sting 08-19-2011 09:54 AM

Wow !! I go to a lot of cars shows and Big national events but this is the "Deal" !
Just wish it was closer so I could attend . Thanks for the pics Mike , you did a Great job !
Hope to see you next year in Charlotte Nc.!!!!

rtcat600man 08-19-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bee sting (Post 3640009)
Wow !! I go to a lot of cars shows and Big national events but this is the "Deal" !
Just wish it was closer so I could attend . Thanks for the pics Mike , you did a Great job !
Hope to see you next year in Charlotte Nc.!!!!

What I have posted is nothing. We still have Friday and Saturday yet.

This is the WORLD's LARGEST moving CAR show.

Your welcome. Glad to share with all to enjoy.

Working on the NC deal now. Looks like my wife might have a wedding to attend. Notice I said her. I might not go so I can get down to NC. We'll see.

Next year plan on taking a trip up here for the cruise. Arrive on Thursday, stay 3 nights and head home on Sunday morning.

HDRDTD 08-19-2011 10:14 AM

Yep, the last few days are just a warm-up practice for the weekend.

Last night the traffic wasn't too bad, but tonight and all day tomorrow will probably be a huge parking lot.

Lets just pray the rain stays away this Saturday. Friday and Sunday are forcast as Sunny with a high of 85 for Friday, 85 for Sat (but possible scattered showers) and 80 on Sunday.

Put that top down and ride.

rtcat600man 08-19-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 3640140)
Yep, the last few days are just a warm-up practice for the weekend.

Last night the traffic wasn't too bad, but tonight and all day tomorrow will probably be a huge parking lot.

Lets just pray the rain stays away this Saturday. Friday and Sunday are forcast as Sunny with a high of 85 for Friday, 85 for Sat (but possible scattered showers) and 80 on Sunday.

Put that top down and ride.

30% chance of rain tomorrow means a 70% of no rain too.......:thumbsup:

GoldBowtie 08-19-2011 12:00 PM

KUDOS rtcat600man, You do a GREAT service to us all --- especially the Camaro/GM crowd! The pics are awesome -- thanks for taking the time!

Bonemaro 08-19-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldBowtie (Post 3640613)
KUDOS rtcat600man, You do a GREAT service to us all --- especially the Camaro/GM crowd! The pics are awesome -- thanks for taking the time!

He is doing a fantastic job, this thread ought to be a sticky!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.