Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Mid-Atlantic (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Looks Like MD has 8 cars produced! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16718)

Amelia98 03-26-2009 01:28 PM

Looks Like MD has 8 cars produced!
 
I am eagerly awaiting my VIN number confirmation from my dealer AFTER I found it on this website. Here are the dealerships that have VINS so far:

WILLIAMS CHEVROLET-OLDSMOBILE
CRISWELL CHEVROLET, INC.
FOX CHEVROLET OF TIMONIUM (MINE!)
KOONS CHEVROLET, INC.
SPORT CHEVROLET COMPANY, INC.
OURISMAN CHEVROLET CO., INC.
FOX CHEVROLET OF LAUREL
WIN KELLY CHEVROLET BUICK PONTIAC GMC

The lowest VIN is 486 going to Williams. Mine is 647. So excited!!!!!

pag1164 03-26-2009 01:56 PM

I'm jealous. I'm getting mine from Heritage. I keep checking but, since I ordered in February, I'm not expecting to see mine any time soon. It's also IBM, which there don't seem to be a lot of yet.

Zeroburn 03-26-2009 05:43 PM

Not sure about you guys but mine was made tuesday and should be delivered with the first shipment to MD. That being said were looking at 8-13 days i'd say.

ZombieEatsYou 03-26-2009 05:53 PM

Dang. Still waiting for mine to be pulled at Tate in Annapolis.
Congrats to ya'll though!

Camaro68 03-26-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeroburn (Post 365186)
Not sure about you guys but mine was made tuesday and should be delivered with the first shipment to MD. That being said were looking at 8-13 days i'd say.

WOW that is awesome news. Congrats to all. :chevy:

joepitt 03-26-2009 07:04 PM

I wonder which Ourisman location it is going to

Zeroburn 03-26-2009 09:51 PM

The car is going to marlow heights unless I can have them switch it to bethesda but the thought of getting it anywhere near those MORON drivers in bethesda sounds crazy. They are getting 2 in the 1st shipment. my 2SS and 1LT I believe.

In no way do I mean to sound conceited when I say this but after I get the car before you guys do if you want i'd be happy to meet up with any fellow camaro enthusiasts. I know how hard it is to want the car so bad but to not have seen it or sat in it yet.

I went to a auto show and 5ft was the closest I could get to the car, not exactly ideal.

I plan on taking her out of town for 4 days as soon as I get it 16-20 of april(assuming all goes well and I get it.) Other then that id love to meet up and talk camaro.
I'll keep everyone updated with whatever info I get.

Anyone expecting theirs soon? status level 3400+ anyone?

ravensjeff 03-26-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelia98 (Post 364536)
I am eagerly awaiting my VIN number confirmation from my dealer AFTER I found it on this website. Here are the dealerships that have VINS so far:

WILLIAMS CHEVROLET-OLDSMOBILE
CRISWELL CHEVROLET, INC.
FOX CHEVROLET OF TIMONIUM (MINE!)
KOONS CHEVROLET, INC.
SPORT CHEVROLET COMPANY, INC.
OURISMAN CHEVROLET CO., INC.
FOX CHEVROLET OF LAUREL
WIN KELLY CHEVROLET BUICK PONTIAC GMC

The lowest VIN is 486 going to Williams. Mine is 647. So excited!!!!!


Hey- Congrats!! I'd be surprised if it wasn't delivered by the end of next week. Your car was listed a few days ago. Are you gonna watch em unload it? A few others mentioned about telling NOT to mount front plate holder [drilling in to fender somewhat hap-hazardly- the one on my Impala is terrible], not putting on a "Fox" Emblem-cept you might want that being a girl!! Also, the cosmetic section has a cool thread about using "Zaino" on your car as soon as you get it- and it'll shine something unreal.


I've been eagerly looking for my car to show up. Then the other Fox location got one!! Dam!

ravensjeff 03-26-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeroburn (Post 365892)
The car is going to marlow heights unless I can have them switch it to bethesda but the thought of getting it anywhere near those MORON drivers in bethesda sounds crazy. They are getting 2 in the 1st shipment. my 2SS and 1LT I believe.

In no way do I mean to sound conceited when I say this but after I get the car before you guys do if you want i'd be happy to meet up with any fellow camaro enthusiasts. I know how hard it is to want the car so bad but to not have seen it or sat in it yet.

I went to a auto show and 5ft was the closest I could get to the car, not exactly ideal.

I plan on taking her out of town for 4 days as soon as I get it 16-20 of april(assuming all goes well and I get it.) Other then that id love to meet up and talk camaro.
I'll keep everyone updated with whatever info I get.

Anyone expecting theirs soon? status level 3400+ anyone?

Mine was at 3000 last week. Keep us informed about delivery. Maybe we can hook up with a cold one!! It'd be nice if I had mine!! Ameila's should be here soon too.

ravensjeff 03-26-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepitt (Post 365388)
I wonder which Ourisman location it is going to

OURISMAN CHEVROLET CO., INC.
4400 BRANCH AVE
MARLOW HEIGHTS, MD 20748-1899
Phone: (301

This is Zeroburn's

Zeroburn 03-26-2009 11:17 PM

You know my dumbass didn't even think about being there when they unload. Thats also a good way to guarantee no one will be going on any little "test drives."

I read somewhere that if someone sees more then 5 miles on his car he won't pay sticker due to the fact his new car is actually used...was a very good point.

I am not too concerned imo because the dealership knows the consequences of screwing up my order. They have a sister dealership...ourisman honda in bethesda that is right across from my business. Every customer of theirs is a customer of ours, they wouldn't risk any bad talking for a quick drive. Plus they are getting a 1LT which they plan on driving around. :)

And with the exception of a quick 3day drip after the tax deadline i'll be around for anyone that wants to meet up.
I'll keep everyone posted on delivery news.

I am assuming (since my car VIN was posted first thing wed) that my car was made on 3/24/09. Knowing how long it takes for me to get my car should give me a rough estimate of how long it takes to get from status 3800 to shipped. I hope that all makes sense. Its late and i'm tired.

craigd853 03-27-2009 07:45 PM

Got a call today from Koons Chevrolet I'm 847. Looks like I'll be getting mine soon as well. Congrats to everyone who has a VIN and I'll see you on the road some time in Parkville.

Amelia98 03-27-2009 08:50 PM

So went for a visit to the dealership today and took out a vette with the racing package (not the V06) for a test drive to celebrate and get a feel for what a sportscar is like. Of course we do this at 3:30 on a Friday and I 83 is moving, but really crowded. I took her on a few twisties, but once again so crowded I could only get a small taste of the engine. WOW. The digital speedometer mirrored in the lower part of the windshield blew me away. It read the f'ing G's!!!!!!

The GM called me this morning and told me my Camaro was "in transit". That's why I wanted to pay a visit. I thought that "in transit" meant it was on a truck, train, boat, cloud, covered wagon, plane, submarine, or wings of an angel. Nope "in transit" would be in reference to an event code of 4000 or available to ship. When I walked into the showroom it was completely cleared of vehicles and the first thing that popped into my head is that they were making way for a Camaro shipment. Nope just getting the floors cleaned. My second thought was the recession was finally over and they sold all of the cars.

Boys. I think I have a problem. I have become completely obsessed and it is making me crazy. I think the car will be on the lot by the 17th at the latest.

craigd853 03-28-2009 11:13 AM

I heard the guy's on the air the other day giving you a hard time about it.ha ha If they had been waiting as long as we have for this car I'm sure they would be just as excited even though they are just kidding around. Give us a holler when your car comes in so we can keep track of who gets what in the neighborhood.

Zeroburn 03-28-2009 04:06 PM

I spoke to my dealer on thursday and my status was still 3800. I am hoping that over the past 48 hours things have changed and the first 6 or so of us that have produced cars.

I just hope that car is here by the 15th so I can take her with me when I go out of town on the 16th. Oh what a road trip that will be. Much better then the damn durango.
I am hoping its here in the next 12 days. That would be freakin sweet.

StarkyLuv 03-29-2009 03:21 PM

That Fox of Laurel is an SS. I ordered one of two V6s in their first 7. I'm SO pissed at Chevy for pretty much screwing V6 orders by having that early constraint. It's not fair we have to wait longer than an SS order who ordered at the same time.

Okay, I swear that's the last time I'll bitch about that....maybe...

ravensjeff 03-29-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelia98 (Post 367788)
So went for a visit to the dealership today and took out a vette with the racing package (not the V06) for a test drive to celebrate and get a feel for what a sportscar is like. Of course we do this at 3:30 on a Friday and I 83 is moving, but really crowded. I took her on a few twisties, but once again so crowded I could only get a small taste of the engine. WOW. The digital speedometer mirrored in the lower part of the windshield blew me away. It read the f'ing G's!!!!!!

The GM called me this morning and told me my Camaro was "in transit". That's why I wanted to pay a visit. I thought that "in transit" meant it was on a truck, train, boat, cloud, covered wagon, plane, submarine, or wings of an angel. Nope "in transit" would be in reference to an event code of 4000 or available to ship. When I walked into the showroom it was completely cleared of vehicles and the first thing that popped into my head is that they were making way for a Camaro shipment. Nope just getting the floors cleaned. My second thought was the recession was finally over and they sold all of the cars.

Boys. I think I have a problem. I have become completely obsessed and it is making me crazy. I think the car will be on the lot by the 17th at the latest.

Dam, I got off of work at 3:30 and was gonna head up to Fox but had to take a trip out to Frederick Harley to pick up some goodies.You better watch out driving those Vettes- they can spoil you!! I had a 25th Anniv.[78] model for about 7 years- it was a blast.

Keep us informed about your delivery. I'll be heading up to the dealer as soon as your car comes in to check it out.

Amelia98 03-30-2009 03:51 PM

The GM promised me he would call me when the truck pulls in, but said he never knows the definite times they show up. He told me they dropped of a Z06 after hours on the FRONT LOT and he was still pretty pissed about it. I am crossing my fingers that it may come in this week. If GM started shipping Sunday or Today it seems reasonable that mine could get here by then. I have to do ALL the paperwork that day while the dealership goes over the car. Here is a question for everybody. I have most of the cash I need to buy the car outright. I think I may be short a grand or two depending on what accessories are available. I may wait on those as well until everything I want is available and just get it done in one shot. Should I get a loan from my bank or through the dealership?

Zeroburn 03-30-2009 04:44 PM

who cares, from the sound of it you should be paying it off before you accrue any real interest anyway. I wish i almost had enough to pay off the car up front.

Amelia98 03-30-2009 07:17 PM

Just think Zero maybe our cars are sitting together right now and traveling together in a few days (maybe now!). Talking about us and wondering what we are going to be like.
=)

I can hear them now. I hope they have a leadfoot and its not that stupid old lady from Pasadena!

ZombieEatsYou 03-31-2009 11:14 AM

MD up to 10 and I'm still sitting at 1100.
:(

Amelia98 03-31-2009 04:13 PM

Ah Zombie I am pulling for you. Where are you in MD and I will let you know when mine comes in and you can come check it out if you are interested.

pag1164 03-31-2009 04:17 PM

Party at Amelia's Camaro!

Amelia98 04-05-2009 09:45 AM

I was reading a post by Zero about how the dealership was going to send out a blast email to everyone when his Camaro arrives. I am not sure how I would react to that. I told my guy that I would bring the car back on a day when I am not picking it up. However, if I knew it was all of you on the Maryland boards that were the "looky loos" I think I would feel a little more at ease because you guys would go over it with a fine tooth comb like myself. I will be sure to post as soon as it pulls in on this MD board.

ZombieEatsYou 04-05-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelia98 (Post 374937)
Ah Zombie I am pulling for you. Where are you in MD and I will let you know when mine comes in and you can come check it out if you are interested.

I'm in Waldorf, but ordered at Tate chevy in annapolis.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.