Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2012 Camaro5 Fest (III) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Family(kids) ideas for CIII festivities. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169115)

2010SLVRBULIT 09-03-2011 11:22 AM

Family(kids) ideas for CIII festivities.
 
In addition to 1/4 mile, auto-x, venders, etc, how about events for kids(families, you know). I'm thinking:

-- R/C drags & mini-x, drifting course(maybe get RC-Driver and other hosts/sponsers to join). could limit it to 5th gen(or similar) bodies only. Special trophies for the little ones.:w00t:

--other ideas?:D

ihaveacamaro 09-03-2011 11:54 AM

I like it... but I'm only 19 so no little ones thank god! hahaha

Nightfall 09-03-2011 02:20 PM

i like where this thread is going :popcorn:. Would be cool for kids to have some fun too. I dont have kids but ALOT do so be cool to see what people come up with

2010SLVRBULIT 09-03-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro (Post 3708525)
I like it... but I'm only 19 so no little ones thank god! hahaha

...there can be classes for 'adult kids' too, electric or nitro..:)
...or a Powerwheels Auto-X:laugh:
...so what do the Mods/Coordinators think/say? make it eventful/memorable for all ages..:thumbsup:

Todd3544 09-03-2011 04:49 PM

ol' faithful bounce house?
+1 Power wheels auto-x. Drawback is parents will be switching out power wheel batteries for Optima red tops, must have more power... Kids will never see it coming.
Top 3 Transformer look alike costume contest?

Kahdir 09-03-2011 06:03 PM

as others have mentioned, plus...
  • R/C cars
  • Power Wheels
  • Bouncy Castle
  • Balloon Animals
  • Face painting
  • Coloring
  • Learn how to make: Cotton Candy, Pretzels, Ice Cream, etc.
  • Xbox 360 w/ Forza 4 or PS3 w/ Gran Turismo 5
  • Quiz Show (Trivia) for family members (no Camaro owners) -kinda like Speed Channel's NASCAR Smarts, but about Camaros
  • How-to's: Changing Tires, Oil, Wipers, etc. (for teens, spouses & significant others)

Anyone wanna volunteer guitar lessons :iono:

Minus a rock climbing wall, these types of activities work well at the Jeep events that my company sponsors.

2010SLVRBULIT 09-03-2011 07:06 PM

X-box or PS Gaming challenge would be :w00t:(I've seen those portable trailers).

mods, can this thread be combined w/ the CIII location?:iono:

Nightfall 09-03-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahdir (Post 3709550)
as others have mentioned, plus...
  • R/C cars
  • Power Wheels
  • Bouncy Castle
  • Balloon Animals
  • Face painting
  • Coloring
  • Learn how to make: Cotton Candy, Pretzels, Ice Cream, etc.
  • Xbox 360 w/ Forza 4 or PS3 w/ Gran Turismo 5
  • Quiz Show (Trivia) for family members (no Camaro owners) -kinda like Speed Channel's NASCAR Smarts, but about Camaros
  • How-to's: Changing Tires, Oil, Wipers, etc. (for teens, spouses & significant others)

Anyone wanna volunteer guitar lessons :iono:

Minus a rock climbing wall, these types of activities work well at the Jeep events that my company sponsors.

I like that one :D

camaroitalia 09-03-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall (Post 3709997)
I like that one :D

same here... like a quick DIY stand

Iroczlover 09-04-2011 10:43 AM

how about model design, so of these kids put together a pretty killer models.
& valve cover races.

SSBUSDRVR 09-04-2011 10:50 AM

Great ideas all.
Quote:

+1 Power wheels auto-x. Drawback is parents will be switching out power wheel batteries for Optima red tops, must have more power... Kids will never see it coming.
LOL

Ladybugsmom 09-04-2011 10:52 AM

I like the coloring idea. This is what they can color!

http://www.teamwhatley.com/Muscle_Car_Coloring.pdf

SSBUSDRVR 09-04-2011 11:03 AM

Nice:) Can us big kids color too?:thumbsup:

JusticePete 09-14-2011 03:45 PM

2010SLVRBULIT thank you for starting this thread.

The Stig 09-14-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahdir (Post 3709550)
as others have mentioned, plus...
  • R/C cars
  • Power Wheels
  • Bouncy Castle
  • Balloon Animals
  • Face painting
  • Coloring
  • Learn how to make: Cotton Candy, Pretzels, Ice Cream, etc.
  • Xbox 360 w/ Forza 4 or PS3 w/ Gran Turismo 5
  • Quiz Show (Trivia) for family members (no Camaro owners) -kinda like Speed Channel's NASCAR Smarts, but about Camaros
  • How-to's: Changing Tires, Oil, Wipers, etc. (for teens, spouses & significant others)

...um.....adults can do these activities too right? Cuz I totally down to get a ballon camaro and have my face painted. Maybe a giant bowtie across the face?

I also second Nightfalls approval of this activity

JusticePete 09-14-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 3753856)
...um.....adults can do these activities too right? Cuz I totally down to get a ballon camaro and have my face painted. Maybe a giant bowtie across the face?

I also second Nightfalls approval of this activity

Kids are FREE.

Adults have to pay :D

Mustang Killa 09-14-2011 05:09 PM

GO KARTS!

Sterling 09-14-2011 05:22 PM

We should have a troll dunk tank...

The Stig 09-14-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang Killa (Post 3754270)
GO KARTS!

go karts on the auto-x track?

SilverSS3108 09-14-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 3754442)
go karts on the auto-x track?

Nope... In a parkinglot... Track made od haybails

SilverSS3108 09-14-2011 06:54 PM

Rock wall!!!

ShnOmac 09-14-2011 09:03 PM

Pinewood derby! :D

LED Crazy 09-15-2011 01:03 AM

Call of Duty online party at the hotel?

This could get interesting...

SSBUSDRVR 09-15-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Power wheels auto-x. Drawback is parents will be switching out power wheel batteries for Optima red tops, must have more power... Kids will never see it coming.
Sneaking in some extra voltage now the trick is can they get it to hook up. LOL
Sorry they disabled the embed but the direct link works.

JusticePete 09-15-2011 10:26 AM

Got it. Geek Tech Inspection


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.