Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   "Getting to know your Camaro" -- Quick Refrence Guide for Camaro Features (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17032)

LosXC451 03-29-2009 09:46 AM

"Getting to know your Camaro" -- Quick Refrence Guide for Camaro Features
 
1 Attachment(s)
This attachment contains a PDF file that tells you the basics of using/knowing your camaro. :happyanim:

StarkyLuv 03-29-2009 09:49 AM

Thanks!

camaropete 03-29-2009 09:57 AM

EDIT: Thanks for setting me straight Number 3.

Chevyrocker 03-29-2009 10:10 AM

good find...

CamaroSpike23 03-29-2009 10:11 AM

hmmmm

Number 3 03-29-2009 10:26 AM

I've read and re read page 5 and all it says it that you can use either the manual or power seat adjuster to move the seat forward. So I guess you could call it a "quick" release if you quickly reach down and release the maual seat adjuster and move the seat forward.

What are you seeing on page 5 that indicates something different? I've gone over both cars trying to find something.

I know the S-10 exetended cabs way back in the mid 80s had a cable such that when you folded the seat forward it pulled on the adjuster level to release it so you simply folded the seat forward and slid it forward in one motion. Cool.

camaropete 03-29-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 370121)
I've read and re read page 5 and all it says it that you can use either the manual or power seat adjuster to move the seat forward. So I guess you could call it a "quick" release if you quickly reach down and release the maual seat adjuster and move the seat forward.

What are you seeing on page 5 that indicates something different? I've gone over both cars trying to find something.

I know the S-10 exetended cabs way back in the mid 80s had a cable such that when you folded the seat forward it pulled on the adjuster level to release it so you simply folded the seat forward and slid it forward in one motion. Cool.

I actually was editing my post as you were typing yours. You might want to delete my quote in your post so as not to confuse anyone. Thanks Number 3!

cam2fst4u 03-29-2009 10:36 AM

thanks! I have all the info, just need the car now!!

bob2the2nd 03-29-2009 10:36 AM

okay still a little confusion on the "exterior/interior lighting" section.

there is obviously a turn wheel for all of these different lights but how does it know if you want to control the headlights, parking lights, or the DRLs? is the button just an on/off switch and the wheel turns to which function you want to access?

camaropete 03-29-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob2the2nd (Post 370136)
okay still a little confusion on the "exterior/interior lighting" section.

there is obviously a turn wheel for all of these different lights but how does it know if you want to control the headlights, parking lights, or the DRLs? is the button just an on/off switch and the wheel turns to which function you want to access?

bob, we have the exact same control on our Enclave. So in auto, the lights will turn on and off automatically. If the headlights are off, then the DRLs are on automatically. You push the button in to turn on the foglights (and you must do it every time you want them on. They turn off when you turn the car off). If you push the button when the DRLs are on, it will turn the foglights on along with the parking lights. I think it might keep the DRLs on in the Enclave also, but not 100% sure. If you turn the wheel to the left, it will turn the automatic lights off. I am not 100% sure if the DRLs shut off at this time, but I think they do. If you turn the knob to the right one click, the parking lights come on. One more click and the headlights come on in any situation. Does this help? I can go out to the Enclave and mess around if you want some more answers, but again that's on the Enclave and I am only assuming that it is the same as the Camaro.

bob2the2nd 03-29-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaropete (Post 370138)
bob, we have the exact same control on our Enclave. So in auto, the lights will turn on and off automatically. If the headlights are off, then the DRLs are on automatically. You push the button in to turn on the foglights (and you must do it every time you want them on. They turn off when you turn the car off). If you push the button when the DRLs are on, it will turn the foglights on along with the parking lights. I think it might keep the DRLs on in the Enclave also, but not 100% sure. If you turn the wheel to the left, it will turn the automatic lights off. I am not 100% sure if the DRLs shut off at this time, but I think they do. If you turn the knob to the right one click, the parking lights come on. One more click and the headlights come on in any situation. Does this help? I can go out to the Enclave and mess around if you want some more answers, but again that's on the Enclave and I am only assuming that it is the same as the Camaro.

yep that works, im going to have the RS package so basically the only thing i have to worry about is occasionally turning on the headlights. i was just looking at that button and getting really really confused. thanks!

camaropete 03-29-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob2the2nd (Post 370148)
yep that works, im going to have the RS package so basically the only thing i have to worry about is occasionally turning on the headlights. i was just looking at that button and getting really really confused. thanks!

You are welcome. My guess is that you won't have to mess with the button much at all. The only time I mess with ours is when I want the foglights on. Other than that, the DRLs cover any time that I might have turned the lights on.

CWI 03-29-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaropete (Post 370151)
You are welcome. My guess is that you won't have to mess with the button much at all. The only time I mess with ours is when I want the foglights on. Other than that, the DRLs cover any time that I might have turned the lights on.

My Colly is very much the same. The only time I touch anything is to turn the fog lights on or off..

Page 6. The screen indicates "comfort and convenience", is there a seat position memory feature there?:iono:

camaropete 03-29-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWIweldace (Post 370169)
My Colly is very much the same. The only time I touch anything is to turn the fog lights on or off..

Page 6. The screen indicates "comfort and convenience", is there a seat position memory feature there?:iono:

I don't think so. I looked through some other materials and didn't see any mention or frankly any memory position buttons in any pictures.

franknbeans 03-29-2009 12:01 PM

very cool. thanks

FenwickHockey65 03-29-2009 12:04 PM

Good find.

CamaroEnergy4Life 03-29-2009 12:21 PM

Cool, thanks! I dont really understand the skip shift though..

Xmicro_SS 03-29-2009 12:22 PM

Awesome find..........I don't know about that 1st to 4th Gear gas saving option.....that's no fun! :yikes:

AGM76 03-29-2009 12:36 PM

Skip shift is easy to get used to, also easy to disable. But you will find you just automaticaly let the engine rev a few rpm more to get past the range it happens in. Only time it's a pain is in city driving. You want second in case you need to make a fast move and it dumps you into fourth at like 10mph UGH!! Or go first to third as I'm frequently doing anyway. For some reason the shifter is clicky or notchy when cold, it's normal but second does it the most. After it's warm it's perfect.

slick rick 03-29-2009 12:45 PM

thanks

CamaroScotty 03-29-2009 01:11 PM

Yep, JasonD posted this up yesterday on his Z28 site. He deserves some credit for getting it available.

camaropete 03-29-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroEnergy4Life (Post 370251)
Cool, thanks! I dont really understand the skip shift though..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS (Post 370252)
Awesome find..........I don't know about that 1st to 4th Gear gas saving option.....that's no fun! :yikes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGM76 (Post 370264)
Skip shift is easy to get used to, also easy to disable. But you will find you just automaticaly let the engine rev a few rpm more to get past the range it happens in. Only time it's a pain is in city driving. You want second in case you need to make a fast move and it dumps you into fourth at like 10mph UGH!! Or go first to third as I'm frequently doing anyway. For some reason the shifter is clicky or notchy when cold, it's normal but second does it the most. After it's warm it's perfect.

Read up on it here -> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15305. I think Number 3 put it nicely by saying it was "not very intrusive" on the Camaro. Shouldn't be a big deal for most people.

Xanthos 03-29-2009 02:42 PM

Hmm...

I'm going to get to know my camaro in two stages. First, I'm going to break it in. Oil change at 500 miles. And then again at 2500 and at 5000.

Then, I'm going to take it to the biggest parking lot I can find and see how things go.
- Xanthos

PQ 03-29-2009 03:03 PM

THis is good for knowing if you missed something. There is nothing I hate worse than buying a car and seeing empty spots where a selector or gauge is supposed to be because I wasn't aware of all of the options.

Beleive it or not, my wifes Lexus didn't have the seat position memory feature that it was supposed to. Sure it wasn't on the sticker in the equipment list but we would have made sure it did had we had a checklist.

Our fault of course but I'll make damn sure I have everything available with my Maro. At least available to me now.

catmaster1 04-08-2009 11:27 AM

i got an error after i opened it no file found:bonk: could be my adobe is not up to date.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.