Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Please share. Don't text and drive! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174634)

MikeGstayUp 10-02-2011 08:23 PM

Please share. Don't text and drive!

Take a moment to watch this video and share with your loved ones. This really could make a difference. The guy you see below was a passenger and was declared dead 3 times all because his friend was texting while driving. Feel free to put the link in your signature as I did or post on other sites. Thank you camaro5 community for the support!

The Last Text Documentary
AT&T has produced and made available the documentary, "The Last Text" that reveals the extensive impact texting while driving can have on lives, communities, families, and friends. To help youth and youth leaders implement this new tool into their distracted driving prevention program of work, NOYS developed a toolkit to support this documentary. Both are free to download and Use.

http://www.schooltube.com/video/4386...xt-Documentary

The Stig 10-02-2011 08:27 PM

thank you for posting this

MikeGstayUp 10-02-2011 08:31 PM

Your welcome. The video was put together very well. I hope people on here will actually watch it and share it with their kids and others.

weenie25banini 10-02-2011 09:02 PM

Its an eye opener. Thank you! Honestly I do sometimes text when I am at a red light. :/ not ever again.

LimaCharlie 10-02-2011 10:28 PM

Texting is one of the most ignorant and self-centered things you can do on the road. People are just dumb.
I was behind a guy at a light the other day and I saw him looking down at his lap in his driver's side mirror (obviously texting....or sleeping). The light turns green and he doesn't move. I wait about 5 seconds and give him a honk. He looks up suddenly in his rear view mirror and goes. I pass him and he gives me a weird look.
If I see someone do a strange lane change, drive slow in the fast lane, or drive REALLY slow for no reason.....almost all the time they are using their cell phone.
This just goes to show how texting is dangerous and holds up traffic.

SlingShot 10-02-2011 10:34 PM

I wish every State would put a ban on hand holding a phone while driving. And seeing people texting while driving really pisses me off. Any body cought texting while driving, should have their fingers broken one at a time.

Ivas 10-03-2011 06:29 PM

Your far better off without a cellular telephone altogether. The damned things have been shown to provoke brain tumors on the side of the brain closest to the ear to which it had been many times held.

I don't own one, and I have no interest to be bugged further by telephones. The one on the wall here at home and the one at work are PLENTY for me. I've lived happily for fifty-six years without that nuisance, and I don't wanna' new headache (in more than one way).

SleepWarz 10-03-2011 07:29 PM

Good solid message. Thanks for this.

MikeGstayUp 01-04-2012 11:35 PM

Ok so I'm a little disappointed with the moderators. I had originally posted this same thread in the General Discussions sub forum at the same time this was posted. It was there for about 2 months, had over 2000 views and a ton of positive comments and people sharing their stories. Not one complaint, I wasnt told to move it to a different sub forum or given a warning. Then one day it was completely deleted!! I understand there are rules on where to post, but it was there for a couple months with no problems.

So i'm bumping this to remind people the importance of my original message.
-thanks, Mike

dolt45 01-05-2012 11:59 AM

I had a gal try to share my lane with me this very morning. She was staring at her phone.

MikeGstayUp 04-04-2012 10:57 PM

Spring break bump!

Steve Dallas 04-04-2012 11:46 PM

When you drive, please just drive :)

Thanks for sharing this...

KILLER74Z28 04-04-2012 11:48 PM

Strong message... I know a lot of people that need to watch this.

midnighter 04-04-2012 11:54 PM

I seen this before and wow, it's deep for sure.

Tribute 04-04-2012 11:58 PM

Yes, messages can wait. It's bad in northern va with everyone staring at there phone while driving. Scary.

mlee 04-05-2012 12:17 AM

This should be just as illegal as drinking and driving...

Thanks for the bump... I plan to share it with others...

cactuseater 04-11-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 4758969)
This should be just as illegal as drinking and driving...

Thanks for the bump... I plan to share it with others...

Totally agree. It's completely negligent and requires revocation of driving "privileges". It's not an automatic right, it's a privilege that can be pulled out from under you. Make the wrong choice, and away it goes.

MOMSREDSS 04-11-2012 09:16 AM

Friday, April 6th, my husband & I were driving down I-5 (around lunch time) & I turned to my right to see a young lady looking down at her phone (reading & texting with her left hand) ~ barely looking up to see where she was driving. I had mentioned this to my husband. Then I looked over at her again to see that she was not only texting with her left hand still looking down, but now EATING A SANDWICH WITH HER RIGHT HAND. I can only imagine that she was now using her knee to steer her car. I told my husband what she was doing now. I said to him, "Please lets get away from her!"

Really!!! Pull over for 10 minutes, eat your sandwich & send your message that you're driving & you'll call/text when you're where you need to be. Is that really all that hard???

I wish I had videoed her & put her on Youtube.

I've had red ribbons on my car antenna in support of MADD (MOTHERS AGAINST DRUNK DRIVERS).

Is there something out there you can put on your car in support of not texting while driving? This would be a visual for other drivers, maybe they'd get the point.

xVengeancex28 04-11-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingShot (Post 3832749)
I wish every State would put a ban on hand holding a phone while driving. And seeing people texting while driving really pisses me off. Any body cought texting while driving, should have their fingers broken one at a time.

I agree 100% with you. And every light im at i swear i see 95% of the cars that go buy have someone on their phone talking not paying attention to the road, its getting out of control. They really need to do something about it in every state, nobody deserves to lose a life or be in in critical condition for the rest of their life from txting/talking on the phone. People on the other end are just going to need to learn how to deal with patience

Rangore 04-11-2012 10:17 AM

Great message! Texting is illegal while driving in MN...doesn't stop it though. I see several people still texting and driving. It may have reduced it though.

OffseT 04-12-2012 12:10 PM

I'm definitely going to share this with a lot of my friends..

MikeGstayUp 03-27-2013 01:37 AM

:thanks:

Dznts 03-27-2013 05:42 PM

Very well put together with a very strong message! Thanks for posting!

christianmotox 03-27-2013 06:05 PM

Hope more people see this video

Wabbit 03-27-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingShot (Post 3832749)

Our state does, and I see at least 2-3 people every day holding their damn phones to their ears while "driving". I believe it is a primary infraction here as well.