Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   BBK LT HEADERS +ARK DTS CATBACK (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177228)

smoke1lt 10-17-2011 07:38 PM

BBK LT HEADERS +ARK DTS CATBACK
 
:thumbup:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhu06uaKGU4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaC4xKe_Eg4

BiG_TiMe 10-17-2011 09:35 PM

nice sounds good. do you have a vid of the start up sound

KMPrenger 10-17-2011 10:22 PM

V6 exhaust sticky material right here (will be adding). Would love to see more.

I like it...I love the deep low tones down low but up top it sounds sweet too!

I'm thinking SIXJAK would like to see this as well

Yellow_Glide 10-17-2011 11:16 PM

Very nice.

TJ91 10-18-2011 02:16 AM

NO RASP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

HANDS DOWN BEST SOUND WITH LTs WOW

TJ91 10-18-2011 02:17 AM

For the love of GOD, please take some take off and drive by vids of WOT
I love this, cant believe you have ZERO rasp with LTs, its been a dream of mine

esperman 10-18-2011 09:01 AM

sounds good to me!

bmorecam 10-18-2011 09:31 AM

I love ark. I think they are one of the best sounding/looking exhaust in my opinion. I think if ark never started the price off over 1g when i was shopping for exhaust i probably would have purchased one for sure.:thumbsup:

KMPrenger 10-18-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 3896947)
For the love of GOD, please take some take off and drive by vids of WOT
I love this, cant believe you have ZERO rasp with LTs, its been a dream of mine

There is another video of the ARK N-II cat-back (this is the DTS) paried up with BBK LTs. It sounds noticeable different...not sure if its the camera picking up the different sounds or if it really is different, but the tone is different enough for me to think its not just the camera.

So I guess my point of the above is be careful which ARK system you go with if you (or whomever) likes this system.

Also, concerning you comment on the rasp, I still feel like the BBK + magnaflow combo also makes for a very throaty basically rasp free sound and is still one of my favorites. Not every LT + exhaust combo causes rasp....but usually you'll get at least a little and if your not carefull you'll get a lot. It definitely takes some research time :thumbsup:

GMGP5X 10-18-2011 05:51 PM

The ARK - DTS system has a resonated x- pipe which I would think helps keep the rasp to a minimum.This is why I went with the DTS system and it is all polished stainless steel. I got in on a group buy and shipped to my door for just under a 1000.00 bucks.

smoke1lt 10-18-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 3896431)
V6 exhaust sticky material right here (will be adding). Would love to see more.

I like it...I love the deep low tones down low but up top it sounds sweet too!

I'm thinking SIXJAK would like to see this as well

Thank you sir...i even made it on the sticky :thumbup:...and thanks for putting the time in doing the sticky list...its very helpful to have them all in one place...i have to admit i have spent a few hours on it trying to decided what to go with :thumbup:

smoke1lt 10-18-2011 07:16 PM

Thanks all for all the kinds words about my setup...i would love to do more vids for you all...but i wont be able to any more for awhile...

hapisok 10-18-2011 07:55 PM

sounds great! love that sound...good job :thumbup:

GMGP5X 10-18-2011 08:20 PM

Sounds awesome smoke!!:thumbsup:

Kurushio 10-19-2011 12:56 AM

Where did you order your exhaust from? I think this is probably top 1 or 2 of V6's ive heard and the other one also had BBK LTs.

TJ91 10-19-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 3897490)
There is another video of the ARK N-II cat-back (this is the DTS) paried up with BBK LTs. It sounds noticeable different...not sure if its the camera picking up the different sounds or if it really is different, but the tone is different enough for me to think its not just the camera.

So I guess my point of the above is be careful which ARK system you go with if you (or whomever) likes this system.

Also, concerning you comment on the rasp, I still feel like the BBK + magnaflow combo also makes for a very throaty basically rasp free sound and is still one of my favorites. Not every LT + exhaust combo causes rasp....but usually you'll get at least a little and if your not carefull you'll get a lot. It definitely takes some research time :thumbsup:

Your definitly right with that! I would love to do Longtube but it seems to add rasp when combined with the Solos. Dont remember if 6jack does though. Oh well im going to team it with DTs, i think that will set off the SOLOs :thumbup:

SIXJAK 10-19-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke1lt (Post 3895678)

KM is very correct, LOL. Smoke, I congratulate you on your setup, that sounds very good. Very refined sounding. Would you consider your set up loud? I almost pulled the trigger on their moving sale just to have 2 different exhausts to swap out from time to time. Sounds goofy I know but I'm weird that way I guess. I really dig ARK. Their quality is unmatched and they look and sound awesome. 4 1/2" tips rule. May I recommend you swap out your V6 diffuser for the SS diffuser? You prolly will not have issue with melting but the SS diffuser is much better proportioned to those big old tips.

ARK's along with Corsa's are really the only other catbacks that capture me besides the SOLO's which to me just sound badd** running through LT's. I had the opportunity to ride behind my car on Saturday as my friend drove it and it impressed me all over again.

Do you have HFC's or are you running sans cats? Again, awesome.:thumbsup:

JCO2185 10-19-2011 09:13 AM

sounds great!

HopeRidesAlone 10-19-2011 02:52 PM

UGH cant wait im getting some OBX LT in the near future to pair up with my DTS. Gotta love ARK exhaust

smoke1lt 10-19-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurushio (Post 3901269)
Where did you order your exhaust from? I think this is probably top 1 or 2 of V6's ive heard and the other one also had BBK LTs.

Thank you...I ordered the ark dts from this site...they are a forum sponser...you have to watch for when they run a special...or maybe send them a pm...

smoke1lt 10-19-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIXJAK (Post 3901309)
KM is very correct, LOL. Smoke, I congratulate you on your setup, that sounds very good. Very refined sounding. Would you consider your set up loud? I almost pulled the trigger on their moving sale just to have 2 different exhausts to swap out from time to time. Sounds goofy I know but I'm weird that way I guess. I really dig ARK. Their quality is unmatched and they look and sound awesome. 4 1/2" tips rule. May I recommend you swap out your V6 diffuser for the SS diffuser? You prolly will not have issue with melting but the SS diffuser is much better proportioned to those big old tips.

ARK's along with Corsa's are really the only other catbacks that capture me besides the SOLO's which to me just sound badd** running through LT's. I had the opportunity to ride behind my car on Saturday as my friend drove it and it impressed me all over again.

Do you have HFC's or are you running sans cats? Again, awesome.:thumbsup:

Thank you...i dont think its to loud...normal driving it isnt to loud...but when you get it up over say 3000 rpms people are going to hear you coming....yes the 4 1/2 inch tips are a tight fit in the diffuser but i havnt had any problems so far...i have had the exhaust on for almost 6 months now...bbk headers and high flow cats just went on last week...:thumbup:

Kurushio 10-19-2011 09:24 PM

Did you install them yourself or go to a shop and did you also get a tune with your LT's?

Preditorian 10-19-2011 09:42 PM

I know what I want for X-mas :)

Blacc Mamba 10-20-2011 01:42 AM

Is it possible to get quad tips with these?

Preditorian 10-20-2011 06:51 AM

Odd, it is not listed on there website.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.