Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Constraints 4/9 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18027)

CamaroScotty 04-09-2009 07:09 AM

Constraints 4/9

For the production week of 5/4 -5/10:

GBV CYBER GRAY PAINT 251 units

5V5 HIGH WING SPOILER LPO

I took this off another section of the site...My OFFICIAL REPORT (FINAL) will be in about an hour. :chevy:

Evilkosh99 04-09-2009 07:10 AM

Any word on prices?

Baughman 04-09-2009 07:12 AM

I'm kinda nervous about the whole price increase thing guys....

CamaroScotty 04-09-2009 07:13 AM

If you ordered BEFORE 4/1 you're fine with pricing...

Ctrain24 04-09-2009 07:14 AM

Thanks Scotty.

Evilkosh99 04-09-2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 394451)

I know :D - just curious about what the increase was

MerlinZero 04-09-2009 07:19 AM

Im not seein the STS....0.o

Crowley 04-09-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

:thumbup:

Croathlete 04-09-2009 08:01 AM

So these are for units that will be picked up next Tuesday. If mine was picked up this past Tuesday, my production week would be one week earlier, 4/27 - 5/3, correct?

Primus 04-09-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

No offense Scotty, but that is making a lot of assumptions. Specifically regarding our dealers.

cam2fst4u 04-09-2009 08:06 AM

i wonder how much increase its goin to be. thats supposed to be released today right?

blkcamaro 04-09-2009 08:06 AM

Spoiler will be off constrain early may?
Another question, how come there are no pictures of the LS coming off the line?

dodson914 04-09-2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primus (Post 394512)
No offense Scotty, but that is making a lot of assumptions. Specifically regarding our dealers.

I believe what he is saying is that you are safe from price increase on GM's side if you ordered by 4/01. Your dealer can do whatever he wants I suppose if it's not in writing.

UCF w00t 04-09-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerlinZero (Post 394457)
Im not seein the STS....0.o

It wasn't there last week either. It's beyond constrained... it's no longer in the system. All orders with it went dead (forgot the term).

2010 SS RS 04-09-2009 08:20 AM

Quote:

Scott, you are the man! but will this be for all of us even the ones that are to get MSRP. Or is this limited. Will our sticker reflect the lower MSRP now? I am still very nervous about my dealer.

CamaroELF 04-09-2009 08:43 AM

It sounds like I'm at my dealer's mercy. When we were talking price, I said I wouldn't pay over MSRP and he said whatever the sticker says when it shows up. I didn't know any better. :bonk:

CamaroScotty 04-09-2009 08:44 AM

Hey, a dealer can Jag you anytime, anywhere.....they don't need a price increase as an excuse....We've already seen that happening.

Trust your dealer. Old advice a day late I know.....

UCF w00t 04-09-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroELF (Post 394577)
It sounds like I'm at my dealer's mercy. When we were talking price, I said I wouldn't pay over MSRP and he said whatever the sticker says when it shows up. I didn't know any better. :bonk:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 394579)
Hey, a dealer can Jag you anytime, anywhere.....they don't need a price increase as an excuse....We've already seen that happening.

Trust your dealer. Old advice a day late I know.....

I don't necessarily think that my dealer will intentionally try and screw me over but I have a feeling they are going to see the sticker and think that's what the car's actual MSRP is.

When this is all said and done, would it be possible to get some exact steps for what we need to do to show/prove to dealers what our price should be? Us saying "no, I get the old MSRP" when I have nothing proving that old MSRP or even nothing proving, other than the email GM sent to customers, that MSRP was in any way protected will likely not get us very far. We need some way to show them, in the GM systems that they have access to, what our MSRP SHOULD be. If I just show them something off the internet they're going to say "you can't believe everything on the internet." I trust that my dealer will think he's charging me the right price even though he's just an idiot.

Iwantone2 04-09-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 394587)
When this is all said and done, would it be possible to get some exact steps for what we need to do to show/prove to dealers what our price should be? Us saying "no, I get the old MSRP" when I have nothing proving that old MSRP or even nothing proving, other than the email GM sent to customers, that MSRP was in any way protected will likely not get us very far. We need some way to show them, in the GM systems that they have access to, what our MSRP SHOULD be. If I just show them something off the internet they're going to say "you can't believe everything on the internet." I trust that my dealer will think he's charging me the right price even though he's just an idiot.

+1

Edrock 04-09-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Even if your workbench pre-order does NOT show R6P when ordered on 10/24/08??

I keep pressing my dealer (salesman and sales manager) on this and continue to get no response from either of them...which is very unnerving to say the least.

I am starting to feel that the R6P code is the whole key to price protection and without it...no protection. Is this the case? If so, I hope the increase is only hundreds (which I could live with) and not thousands...

Silver Streak 04-09-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 394587)
I don't necessarily think that my dealer will intentionally try and screw me over but I have a feeling they are going to see the sticker and think that's what the car's actual MSRP is.

Great question. It would be nice to be armed with some hard evidence of what the MSRP is for us who ordered before 4/1! I am worried about the same thing with my dealer. I don't think he or they would intentionally screw me, but if they think the price has raised for everyone it would be nice to prove to them that the pre-orders are @ the MSRP @ the time of pre-order.

metalman 04-09-2009 09:06 AM

Is the hurst off constraint?

Suskam 04-09-2009 09:10 AM

Ugh... This is getting old. I just called my dealer and I'm not one of the lucky ones that get a CGM this week.

Croathlete 04-09-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suskam (Post 394629)
Ugh... This is getting old. I just called my dealer and I'm not one of the lucky ones that get a CGM this week.

I was told the same thing last Thursday, but then got a call from my dealer that it was to be picked up on Tuesday. So there might be hope...

Edit: Can anyone answer my question from earlier?
So these are for units that will be picked up next Tuesday and built 5/4 - 5/10. If mine was picked up this past Tuesday, my production week would be one week earlier, 4/27 - 5/3? Is that a good assumption?

themossman 04-09-2009 09:17 AM

Here's what my dealer gave me....

Dear Mr M

I apologize that I missed you yesterday while I was in a meeting. Thank you for your $1000 deposit. I also received the questions you had regarding your order which I would like to answer. Your order was the 3rd preliminary order placed to be built. Your preliminary order number is NXXXXC. The pricing on your 2010 Chevrolet Camaro is listed below:

MSRP $33,430.00
$395.00 Cyber Gray Metallic Stripe Package (B7W)
$1200.00 RS Package (WRS)
$35,025.00
$499.00 Dealer Service Fee
$289.00 Paint Sealant
$35,813 + TTL

You should ask for something similar...

The 'paint sealant' will not be going on the car....but if they want to gripe about...I will still pay for it....