Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ZEX 75 SHOT FOR MY V6!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181125)

Camaros To The Max 11-07-2011 06:52 PM

ZEX 75 SHOT FOR MY V6!!

Just wanted to ask any V6 owners that have this kit if they have had any trouble at all. I am planning on getting it for Christmas, but wanted to see if ANYONE has had any trouble out of theres. I am currently running Flowmaster American Thunder axle back exhaust, Doug Thorley shortie headers, Injen long tube CAI, and QTP electric exhaust cutouts. Everything else is pretty much stock. Please let me know your opinions if you have this nitrous kit. I think 75 shot should be fine, but need opinions to be on the safe side. Thanks in advance.

DarkneSS 11-07-2011 07:01 PM

Odds are you will be fine but no nitrous system is perfect, sometimes things just go wrong.

PoorMansCamaro 11-08-2011 11:12 AM

I've had problems with going into limp mode, even with a 55shot on the zex kit. Got colder spark plugs, and haven't had that problem since. I'll be going on a dyno in december, and i'll post the dyno on 100shot.

Nitro Dave 11-08-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaros To The Max (Post 3983646)
Just wanted to ask any V6 owners that have this kit if they have had any trouble at all. I am planning on getting it for Christmas, but wanted to see if ANYONE has had any trouble out of theres. I am currently running Flowmaster American Thunder axle back exhaust, Doug Thorley shortie headers, Injen long tube CAI, and QTP electric exhaust cutouts. Everything else is pretty much stock. Please let me know your opinions if you have this nitrous kit. I think 75 shot should be fine, but need opinions to be on the safe side. Thanks in advance.

That system will work fine. The key is usingthe proper accessories and tuning it correctly.

If you have not already purcahsed the system you may want to wait for the V6 specific line of products we are about to release. There will be nothing on the market that can touch what we are bringing you guys.
Dave

bmorecam 11-08-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave (Post 3986432)
That system will work fine. The key is usingthe proper accessories and tuning it correctly.

If you have not already purcahsed the system you may want to wait for the V6 specific line of products we are about to release. There will be nothing on the market that can touch what we are bringing you guys.
Dave

can you give us a little more details, release date, and pricing.

usa1camaro1969 11-08-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave (Post 3986432)

Dave

Are you talking a plate like for your LS-series?
Please say yes.

Nitro Dave 11-09-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 (Post 3987165)
Are you talking a plate like for your LS-series?
Please say yes.

Yes sir... Its already in the works. :D

Nitro Dave 11-09-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmorecam (Post 3986839)
can you give us a little more details, release date, and pricing.

We are going to be releasing a vehicle specific plate system for you guys. Just like our LSX system. We are currently machining our first article for test fit right now. I will have more info to share in the future.

For anyone that wants a system now they can easil;y get one of our single nozzle systems now and by the conversion when it is available.

There will be no other nitrous system that can compete. Plain and simple.:D

Dave

FDNY-L107 11-29-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave (Post 3993951)
We are going to be releasing a vehicle specific plate system for you guys. Just like our LSX system. We are currently machining our first article for test fit right now. I will have more info to share in the future.

For anyone that wants a system now they can easil;y get one of our single nozzle systems now and by the conversion when it is available.

There will be no other nitrous system that can compete. Plain and simple.:D

Dave

Dave is DA MAN! Dave, I'll certainly wait and please put me down for an order when ready. I think this will be my 3rd system from you - lol.

Thanks!!
Mark

h2oplay 11-29-2011 12:00 PM

I'm guessing it's the nytrex kit, they are about to release a kit with a plate.

That's what I'm waiting for.... I'm going for the 100 and a trifecta tune....

mpiper 11-29-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2oplay (Post 4093057)
I'm guessing it's the nytrex kit, they are about to release a kit with a plate.

That's what I'm waiting for.... I'm going for the 100 and a trifecta tune....

Nitro Dave is Nitrous Express, so I think this us a different system since they are cutting their own plate.

RSKUSTOMZ 11-29-2011 10:41 PM

Well I'm running the ZEX kit w/ 100 shot, Trifecta tune, colder plugs and have had ZERO problems. Very happy w/ this system. Matter of fact I have a 2nd one, Blackout series kit, still new in the box that was goin on my girls 2LT, that is til she decided to trade it so if anyone's interested pm me.

FDNY-L107 11-30-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpiper (Post 4095624)
Nitro Dave is Nitrous Express, so I think this us a different system since they are cutting their own plate.

Actually Dave owns Nitrous Outlet. NX (Nitrous Express), is just one line of products (different company), that he carries. Nitrous Outlet also develops and sells their own product line under their name. Dave has been around Nitrous product development for a very long time and has a wealth of experience. If you ever get the chance to talk with him - you'll learn quickly just how much he knows!

Nitro Dave 12-15-2011 10:08 AM

Thanks guys for the compliments.

Mark, Thanks for all the support!

For the guys that do not know. I own Nitrous Outlet. We manufacture, design, test, flow and race our own product line. We specialize in late model EFI performance. Please take the time to google us. We are all over the place and our customer's results speaks for us.

Dave