Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   PROTOTYPE 2010 Camaro photo!!!!!!! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1814)

rray200 10-16-2007 02:09 PM

PROTOTYPE 2010 Camaro photo!!!!!!!

2 Attachment(s)
Ed Welburn hugging the car:

link to the updated thread is below...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...3666#post33666

Pencil.Fight 10-16-2007 02:15 PM

Of course, he's covering the B-Pillar, but we can see how the car looks at its new height and width, and with the larger side mirrors.

Mr. Wyndham 10-16-2007 02:22 PM

AHHH!!! Ahahahaha!

Gas Cap...Gas Cap!!!! on top of the fender!

I did a photoshop for nothing! HAHAHAHAAAA!!!

EDITS:
#1: Rearview mirror isn't attached to the cieling, like it used to be.:iono:
#2: Dual Primary guages are still there :thumbup:
#3: Mirrors still retain that "sharp" look to them, but are bigger
#4: Wipers aren't hidden, or center-out style...as there's no cowl induction hood.:thumbdown: & :thumbup:
#5: they kept those side-mounted repeater lamps.:D

AirGoya 10-16-2007 02:24 PM

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From what is shown we can see that the mirror is a regular mirror and not like in the concept. Also that 2 square gauges are like the ones on the concept.
Very excited!

Pencil.Fight 10-16-2007 02:27 PM

Nice! I missed that one. Good Eye Dragon!

It's good to see that they've kept that part of the design.

Also, maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but does the space between the rear wheel and the back of the car look shorter to anyone else?

Any speculation on what that car on the left is? Maybe a design for a different version of the Camaro?

AirGoya 10-16-2007 02:27 PM

what about the wheels though? Does this mean they will offer ones like those or are they just using those cause they used them on the concept?

rray200 10-16-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirGoya (Post 26958)
what about the wheels though? Does this mean they will offer ones like those or are they just using those cause they used them on the concept?

If you notice, the rear wheels don't jut out of the wheel well like they did on the concept. That looks like Production size. Off hand, they look like 19 inch rims. If I had to guess, I'd say same size tires and rims all the way around, meaning they can be rotated, unlike the concept and its bigger rears.

OverAnxious 10-16-2007 02:39 PM

Cool - nice find :D

The_Stache 10-16-2007 02:45 PM

Beutiful!!!

Mirrors, well done on size change
Wipers, Not surprised and tastefully done
Wheels, yes agree look like 19s and LOVE THE STYLE just like concepts
Interior guages, Much more civilized version of the concepts
Not surprised on the rear view mirror
I am amazed the gas cap is still in that location!!! Definitly a Unique item!!!

:coolpics: :coolpics: :coolpics: :coolpics:
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

SoFlaZ 10-16-2007 02:47 PM

I just shed a tear of joy! It's so beautiful under that camo! lol

I wouldnt speak too soon about the cowl hood because it isn't even visible nor is the gas cap?? but hopefully it is still on top.

I also hope the wheels are all the same size all around cuz i dont wanna buy new rear tires every month!! lol

DGthe3 10-16-2007 02:51 PM

When I saw this, I thought came to mind: how long is it normally between spyshots of production vehicles until they hit the show rooms? something tells me that it is typically much less than 15 months . . .

OverAnxious 10-16-2007 02:54 PM

Also, I wouldn't exactly call a picture taken by GM and posted by GM a spyshot :laughabove: :D

Pencil.Fight 10-16-2007 02:55 PM

You've got to remember, this isn't a production version, it's a prototype. Dragon just posted a quote from Scott saying they haven't changed the production dates.

rray200 10-16-2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverAnxious (Post 26971)
Also, I wouldn't exactly call a picture taken by GM and posted by GM a spyshot :laughabove: :D

I realized that after I posted. Too much excitement I guess.:bonk:

Mr. Wyndham 10-16-2007 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well...it's supposed to begin production this time next year...so :iono:

AND this isn't the production vehicle. this is the "Prototype." It's the same one that Bob drove. Welburn had just seen it for the first time, and couldn't believe how great it looked. So he hugged it;)

You should be able to see the cowl hood in the green.(I'm not saying there won't be a cowl hood - just that this particular car doesn't seem to sport one.) And the gas cap is pointed to in Blue. ;)

DGthe3 10-16-2007 03:15 PM

Ok in that case, is it possible to edit the name of the thread to "PROTOTYPE Camaro corperate-shot?"

SSmoked 10-16-2007 03:37 PM

yeaaaaaaa this cars coming boys,keep the camera in the cars lol
and im loven the way it looks
i have a good idea about the gass cap they should hide it behid the licence plate(dads 70 is like that). but the way they have it now is good
COWEL INDUCTION bring it back from the grave please

btw thanks for the email my homework is never gona get done now lol

Kyle.Gilmour 10-16-2007 04:03 PM

my eyes watered up when i seen that email.

unlike a few other car prototypes, this car as some pretty good camo. It almost hurts to look at it and it seems to hide the lines well

MaroMike 10-16-2007 04:04 PM

I was worried about the wheels. When I buy, they stay. Bigger rubber, but the wheels are cool. :thumbsup:

Regards guys!!

Mike

Eisenhower 10-16-2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 26976)
You should be able to see the cowl hood in the green.(I'm not saying there won't be a cowl hood - just that this particular car doesn't seem to sport one.)

Well, that's because this car is the incomparable V6!!!:drool: Now you can finally rotate those rims!!!

I wonder if someone can PhotoShop those white triangles out; MOVE ED!;)

ChevyLee 10-16-2007 04:11 PM

well its about time to see some action with the camaro ! :headbang:

Zyreal 10-16-2007 04:17 PM

Thats beautiful. Really

=D

chris007 10-16-2007 04:31 PM

That's cool i can not wait!

natedog2008 10-16-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rray200 (Post 26960)
If you notice, the rear wheels don't jut out of the wheel well like they did on the concept. That looks like Production size. Off hand, they look like 19 inch rims. If I had to guess, I'd say same size tires and rims all the way around, meaning they can be rotated, unlike the concept and its bigger rears.

No those are 20" or bigger the way you can tell it goes higher than the knee cap on him unless hes a midget lol. but I hope thats not an option on paint job because the lepord spotted zebra effect defiantly does not suite a camaro.:sm0: PLEASE BRING THE HOOD IN HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ADD BLACK RACING STRIPES ON A SILVER CAMARO WITHOUT A COWL INDUCTION HOOD!:bow:

MerF 10-16-2007 04:40 PM

Man it's been a few weeks since I was here...real life been silly. So to get this e-mail after not really drooling about my dream car lately was just what I needed.

Thanks admins! And thanks rray for the posting!