Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Garage / Tools Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   does anyone have a garage that doesn't fit their car? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181464)

kiteman 11-09-2011 02:14 PM

does anyone have a garage that doesn't fit their car?

i am getting a townhome soon and it is currently occupied. it sure looks like the camaro will fit, but the car is long so i don't really know and can't really find out unless i go back and measure. has anyone seen a garage that doesn't actually fit their camaro?

nyrfan 11-09-2011 02:16 PM

The Camaro is really not that long (i'd be more worry about width if anything), if fact my Grand Prix was a bit longer. If you have the standard 20x10 (1 car) garage, you'll have no problem.

PoorMansCamaro 11-09-2011 02:19 PM

i have a one car garage at my apartment. length wise, there's no problem. it's the mirrors i have to worry about, when going through the garage door. and then it's a pain it get out of the car because i can't open the door all the way.

I just don't park in there anymore. lol

oldschool56 11-09-2011 02:42 PM

I'm set to purchase a 2012 2LT in December after my sone graduates from college. No it is NOT a graduation gift for him. It's a graduation gift for me. Anyway, I had the same worries. I went ahead and drew out a plan of the garage to scale, then drew in rectangles of our current ride (Honda CRV) and the camaro to scale (showing width including the mirrors and length). It looks like I have 30 inches from the wall to the driver's door of the Honda, 30 inches between the Honda and the Camaro, and 15 inches from the pass side of the Camaro to the other wall. Tight but doable.

vroomapunk 11-09-2011 02:50 PM

It would tough to find a garage that the camaro just couldnt fit in, but there are plenty that it wont be comfortable in, lol.

Blau camaro 11-09-2011 03:08 PM

I've got a 20X20 garage so no problem. Just go back and take some measurements. Or you may be disappointed. :mad0260:

OUTATIME 11-09-2011 03:14 PM

I don't know how big either the door or my garage space is in my one-car garage, but my Camaro has maybe 3 - 4 inches on either side of it going through the door, and maybe 1 ft front and back when it's in. I find myself having to get back in the car and adjust if I'm too far back.

Plenty of space in the 2 car garage, but I'd rather not share :D

ron10 11-09-2011 03:18 PM

if you have a garage that your camaro does not fit in,it must be a closet.

frostbit3 11-09-2011 03:19 PM

I live in a Duplex and my camaro barely fits. It's not really length that's the problem, it's the width. I almost hit either one of the mirrors on the side of the garage when I pull it in. I've seen some horror stories on here about it, so I make sure I drive VERY slow to never hit it :)

Heaven_is_inferno_orange 11-09-2011 05:35 PM

I did when I lived back in Arizona. $200,000 home with a supposive 2 car garage and the darn thing wasn't long enough to fit either of our 4th gen F bodies. >.< Most useless garage ever.

4thGen427CI 12-14-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange (Post 3993232)
I did when I lived back in Arizona. $200,000 home with a supposive 2 car garage and the darn thing wasn't long enough to fit either of our 4th gen F bodies. >.< Most useless garage ever.

Thats why you park on in there diagnal ;) jk. :laugh:

GARYSSS 12-17-2011 10:16 AM

I have several garages that won't fix some of my cars, but it's because there are too many cars in there already.LOL:thumbup:

RingoRaintree 03-13-2012 08:31 PM

Yeah, first the reverse warning signal is going crazy the first few feet while I'm backing out. Then, the object that is closer than it appears happens to be a wall! I'm looking left and right at my mirrors like a maniac, going so slow that it takes a long time for the pucker factor to subside. :yikes: Normal size garage but my doors are not as wide as some that are available. Wish I had payed closer attention to that detail when I built my shop.:facepalm:

GearHeadPeter 03-14-2012 04:30 PM

The Camaro is 192" from front bumper to rear bumper. Just measure to make sure you have enough room to close the garage door w/o messing up the rear bumper. Now getting out of the car is fun as the door will only open up about 20 inches before it hits the wall.

Decibel JJ 03-15-2012 06:41 PM

I have a three car garage that won't fit any of our cars because it's currently filled with crap ... LoL