Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Opinions On Texas Speed Headers? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184234)

RED DEMON SS 11-24-2011 10:54 AM

Opinions On Texas Speed Headers?
 
Just thought i would ask the opinions of others on here sporting Texas Speed Headers? Price is very low compared to others, so how do Texas Speed Headers stack up against Kooks, ARH, Stainless Works?:iono:

Jcobra 11-24-2011 11:33 AM

Im considering them also.

DietCoke 11-24-2011 11:37 AM

I like mine.

stso634 11-24-2011 12:28 PM

I really like mine. It took about 2 1/2 hrs for this install and the only issue I had was the #2 plug wire barely touches the header. This is solved by either trimming the plug wire or installing performance wires such as the MTI wires I used. The headers sound great and after 6 months on the car they still look good. :D :D :D :D

tarheel34 11-24-2011 12:42 PM

I love mine. Made excellent power and fit and finish are awesome! Can't go wrong for the price!

LittleMT 11-24-2011 12:59 PM

I made 616rwhp with them....

Jcobra 11-24-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stso634 (Post 4072558)
I really like mine. It took about 2 1/2 hrs for this install and the only issue I had was the #2 plug wire barely touches the header. This is solved by either trimming the plug wire or installing performance wires such as the MTI wires I used. The headers sound great and after 6 months on the car they still look good. :D :D :D :D

Are they all like that with the plug clearance??

67motorcat 11-24-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcobra (Post 4072790)
Are they all like that with the plug clearance??

No.
Some have more clearance than others.

I have OBX and there is ample room on all cylinders even with stock wires.

They are just like Kooks though.....:yikes:

Jcobra 11-24-2011 01:52 PM

Yeah I'm debating between OBX and the TSP.

blk5genss 11-25-2011 05:14 PM

I have the pacesetter 1 3/4 but will be replacing them with the tsp 1 7/8 next week!! I would say they are a great deal and I would rank them up there with the big names like arh, kooks, and stainless.

S3XPanther 11-25-2011 05:50 PM

TSP should NOT be considered budget headers. TSP know what they're doing from everything from heads to cams, and it's the same story with their headers.

I would stay away from OBX though. They're actually Chinese made and I've been told that they don't have the best fit. Of course I could be wrong since I've never actually bought a set. Anyway, TSP come from an amazing shop. Also, Big Flow headers are another pretty good alternative for those seeking to save a few bucks.

Jcobra 11-25-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S3XPanther (Post 4077394)
TSP should NOT be considered budget headers. TSP know what they're doing from everything from heads to cams, and it's the same story with their headers.

I would stay away from OBX though. They're actually Chinese made and I've been told that they don't have the best fit. Of course I could be wrong since I've never actually bought a set. Anyway, TSP come from an amazing shop. Also, Big Flow headers are another pretty good alternative for those seeking to save a few bucks.

I've never seen anyone that purchased the OBX headers complain about fitment issues.

S3XPanther 11-25-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcobra (Post 4077401)
I've never seen anyone that purchased the OBX headers complain about fitment issues.

Of course not every set will have issues, but they seem to lack the consistency you'd find in other, more expensive brands. Like I said, I have no proof myself, I'm just going by what I've heard and could very well be wrong. :iono:

1sweet11SS 11-25-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S3XPanther (Post 4077394)
TSP should NOT be considered budget headers. TSP know what they're doing from everything from heads to cams, and it's the same story with their headers.

I would stay away from OBX though. They're actually Chinese made and I've been told that they don't have the best fit. Of course I could be wrong since I've never actually bought a set. Anyway, TSP come from an amazing shop. Also, Big Flow headers are another pretty good alternative for those seeking to save a few bucks.

Stay away from OBX because they are made in China and "you've been told" they don't have the best fit? Yet you admit you have no experience with them? Do these people who told you have first had experience? Or were "they told" as well?

You do know TSP headers are also "actually Chinese made" as well?

I searched everywhere for a problem with OBX 2010+ Camaro headers on this site.....could not find an issue. One thing that was consistent was that people who had them loved them. Of course there were those who hated them because they were made in China. Therefore, I bought them new for $650 (shipping included, with HF cats..... $450 without cats) From personal experience, mine fit like a glove. They went on in a couple hours.....by myself in my garage. Absolutely no issues.

With the money I saved, I bought a JRE tune. A buddy of mine and I both have the exact same mods....CAI intake, exhaust, 1 7/8 headers, M6......however, he has a popular American made header and had it dyno tuned by a local tuner (410 rwhp). We are both making the same power...... We both trap 111 mph at the CA Speedway.

To the OP do some research and speak with or PM those with personal experience with the headers you are interested in.

If you don't want headers made in China, stay away from OBX, TSP budget headers, and the new SW budget headers.

Vid (only brought the rpms up to 4k):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaoNFt5XQ18

S3XPanther 11-25-2011 07:12 PM

Yes, being told something and not having experience with something are the same thing. You sound offended, I'm sorry for that. I was just sharing something I heard, no need to get upset.

The guys I spoke with will only buy American, so that probably explains their sentiments. I have to agree though, I only like buying the "best". Now, what constitutes something being the "best" is of course up to interpretation. ARH for me, means OBX to someone else.

S3XPanther 11-25-2011 07:16 PM

And thank you for correcting me, I didn't know TSP were Chinese made too. What about Big Flow?

mlee 11-25-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S3XPanther (Post 4077715)
And thank you for correcting me, I didn't know TSP were Chinese made too. What about Big Flow?

Big Flow are welded and polished here in Houston... the 304 stainless pipe comes from over seas.

Excellent headers BTW....

1sweet11SS 11-25-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S3XPanther (Post 4077704)
Yes, being told something and not having experience with something are the same thing. You sound offended, I'm sorry for that. I was just sharing something I heard, no need to get upset.

The guys I spoke with will only buy American, so that probably explains their sentiments. I have to agree though, I only like buying the "best". Now, what constitutes something being the "best" is of course up to interpretation. ARH for me, means OBX to someone else.

No offense taken. Just was taken back a little when you were quick to point out not to buy OBX because they were made in China, yet recommended TSP (which are great from the reviews I read). No worries. :thumbup:

If you can have the $$$, I love ARH. Otherwise buy what you can afford.:thumbsup:

CamaroCowboy 11-26-2011 03:02 AM

I had OBX and now have TSP Headers and I can say for sure that the OBX fit better. My TSP Headers were hitting my steering shaft just a bit when I turned left. I never had that problem with my OBX Headers.

I only changed because I got a deal on a complete exhaust and it came with the Headers. I can say for sure either one is great.

Customer service on the OBX if there is a problem with them is a little hard to get but with the TSP (yes they are made in China) they are located in Texas and they personally inspect every Header when it arrives in their shop for flaws and their customer service is top notch.

Baltimorejohn1 07-01-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 4077744)
Big Flow are welded and polished here in Houston... the 304 stainless pipe comes from over seas.

Excellent headers BTW....

I get a funny feeling a lot of the raw material comes from overseas for a lot of things especially tubing.....

If you don't see some serious hot steel being made who knows where it comes from.........

litle88 07-01-2013 09:51 AM

It ones come from overseas BUT TO TSP's SPECS! If you don't know exactly what's going on or FIRST HAND experience then PLEASE don't assume and think it might be a bad thing!

It's NOT I've installed a set and was a breeze like any other. I'm also waiting on a set to put in my cousins L99. Also if you keep on searching like bringing this old thread up YOU'D SEE there are no complaints on them. Thanks again for trolling Camaro5.com

Camarojt 07-01-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litle88 (Post 6737967)
It ones come from overseas BUT TO TSP's SPECS! If you don't know exactly what's going on or FIRST HAND experience then PLEASE don't assume and think it might be a bad thing!

It's NOT I've installed a set and was a breeze like any other. I'm also waiting on a set to put in my cousins L99. Also if you keep on searching like bringing this old thread up YOU'D SEE there are no complaints on them. Thanks again for trolling Camaro5.com

He's the RESURRECTOR!! :frusty:

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...psa9e48e7c.jpg

PUT ME BACK IN COACH!!

Muddflap 07-01-2013 01:20 PM

I am running the TSP 1 7/8 and I don't have any complaints at all. They were easy to install and fit great. There were no clearance issues of any kind. I would most definitely buy them again and install on another car.

ABM Camaro 07-01-2013 02:20 PM

Im looking at the TSP or the stainless power

litle88 07-01-2013 02:29 PM

TSP cause they pay the bills around here.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.