Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   well it was nice while it lasted, R.I.P 'Bee (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185802)

Mrpaintballordie 12-02-2011 10:59 PM

well it was nice while it lasted, R.I.P 'Bee

1 Attachment(s)
Last night I was leaving a friends house heading back onto the island from bluffton on highway 278, a couple days ago one of my friends were telling me how the camaro has a 5 star safety rating in every category and I was impressed but I wasn't thinking anything of it.

I was just getting to the intersection at Buck Island Road and I was doing around 57 mph in the far right lane. I saw this car in the opposite direction making a left turn to turn down buck island road, and wasn't thinking anything of it.

I was assuming they were going to slow down, to check and make sure they were clear to go, next thing I know I look over and their just making the turn, in the middle of the intersection about to hit me head on. I swerved to try to avoid the impact but it was to late. They hit me doing at least 50 mph broad side in the drivers side door. I spun out for a little and landed about 400 ft. Away from the other car in the grass. After realizing what happened I patted myself down to see if anything was broken or anything and then checked on them.

The drivers side door caved in about a foot to two feet, the front tire blew and the whole drivers side was demolished. But I walked out of the car totally unharmed, the only thing is I'm a bit sore from the seat belt but nothing serious. The fire department EMTs arrived and thought they had to cut me out of the wreckage and everyone was amazed at how bad of a wreck it was, but how I was totally unharmed.

I just wanted to share this story with everyone at Chevrolet and everyone ay the camaro5 family, chevy has been in my families blood threw generations and I realized why, they make amazing, safe, gorgeous cars.

I just wanted to say "thank you will all my heart chevy" for your guys smart studying and determination to make a safe car it really paid off for me in my case, you guys saved my life and I can't thank you enough

Last week my friend passed away after loosing control of her BMW and clipped a tree, and I'm fortunate that I was in a camaro during that event if I was in anything else I could of been seriously injured.

Thank you all again, and thank you for your time.

Dznts 12-02-2011 11:02 PM

Sorry about your car. But most important is that you are ok

CiscoBee 12-02-2011 11:03 PM

Thank God you are OK!!!
Sorry about the car but that can be replaced.

Jrichards73 12-02-2011 11:04 PM

Car will be replaced. Thats why you have insurance, don't let their insurance run you around. Have you company extract your new Camaro from them.

Mrpaintballordie 12-02-2011 11:07 PM

thank you all, hopefully ill be able to get a new one time for an upgrade blacked out SS i hope

RubyCamaro 12-02-2011 11:11 PM

Sooooooo glad you are okay. Hope you have a nice new Camaro really soon. I feel so safe in my Camaro. I have had a really bad accident quite a few years ago and was lucky tiohave been in a prety well built car that saved my life. It didn't hold a candle to the safety of our Camaros. There is nothing better that having that confidence behind the wheel after a bad accident. Don't forget to post pics of your new ride when you get it.

drobbins2 12-02-2011 11:15 PM

that really sucks! but glad you're ok!

SSGUNNER 12-02-2011 11:15 PM

Damn bro. Glad nothing happened to you. But like all said you'll be in another one soon.

kannon 12-02-2011 11:21 PM

Thanks for sharing. Glad you were able to walk away from that. It's amazing how far car safety has come.

daveagogo1 12-02-2011 11:28 PM

Wow that sucks. Hope your back on the road in a new 5th gen soon. Glad your all good.

SlowSS 12-02-2011 11:30 PM

Glad you are okay and good to see that you will be in another one soon!

Also sorry to hear about your friend. It tuff to lose someone during the holiday season

L99SS 12-02-2011 11:32 PM

It could have ended much worse - glad to see you are alright, bro! :chevy::thumbsup:

2010 SSRS 12-02-2011 11:41 PM

wow, that definitely sucks, glad your ok

HashimAzzouz 12-02-2011 11:52 PM

My God the most important thing that you are ok.. Let's see you in another one soon.. I know it hurts to c your car ripped off like this.. but soon you'll get a better one :)

Caspers2SSRS 12-03-2011 12:19 AM

From one sandlapper to another, thats a tough image but glad the cars safety features provided you a future. Hang tight kid and maybe Santa will bring you a new SSleigh.

Merc 12-03-2011 12:25 AM

Glad your OK. Enjoy your newSS.

:thumbsup:

dolt45 12-03-2011 01:03 AM

That really sux. I'm glad you are OK though.
Good luck on getting that SS.

"prima"Donna 12-03-2011 01:11 AM

:confused0068: WOW, what a tribute to the safety of our cars...so glad you walked away from this crash, alive and well...hope you can get another Camaro soon...

BaylorCamaro 12-03-2011 01:15 AM

Wow that's epic, glad to hear you're ok.

xVengeancex28 12-03-2011 01:16 AM

so sorry this had to happen, Glad that you are ok

TJ91 12-03-2011 01:16 AM

wow man thats brutal. Im extrmemly relieved knowing your safe. make sure get checked for whiplash. Im pretty stubborn and refused to believe anything about it and became a HUGE problem for me and im not one to complain about any injuries.
Once again, im glad you came out safe. I would probably be crying at the thought of losing my car just because of the sentimental value it holds with me.
And sorry to hear about your loss

chernmax 12-03-2011 01:24 AM

Glad you're OK

Sebastian 12-03-2011 02:23 AM

good that u are ok and still walk around.
Dont worry the next Camaro will follow soon once insurance paid!
Good luck for the next one!

a1cmatt 12-03-2011 02:42 AM

Sorry about the car man but glad your safe.

Jeff_SS 12-03-2011 02:58 AM

Glad you're okay, good luck with getting the new SS you want.