Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2012 Camaro5 Fest (III) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Central US Camaro EPIC Van to Indy (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200130)

LED Crazy 02-04-2012 11:19 PM

Central US Camaro EPIC Van to Indy

I have seen a few threads that are a tad bit scattered among states in our local region heading to Indy. I decided I should compose a thread dedicated to our route and also hopefuls willing to join us. As we know nothing is set in stone until the final month leading up to CamaroFest III.

Please feel free to hop on board the Camaro train :drinking:

The Oklahoma Family is planning on taking I-44 all the way to Indy. We are hoping Kansas and much of Missouri will join us due to the route positioning, but if any further southern (Arkansas & Northern Texas), western (Colorado, New Mexico, and more), and or even northern states would like to join.. Please do.

See you in a a few months (more like several :()

Also feel free to join our local chatter on our website about CamaroFest III

http://www.okcamaros.com/forum/showt...ugust-2-4-2012

Dznts 02-06-2012 02:13 PM

cant wait. this is going to be great!

BowtieBelle 02-06-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LED KING (Post 4431658)
I have seen a few threads that are a tad bit scattered among states in our local region heading to Indy. I decided I should compose a thread dedicated to our route and also hopefuls willing to join us. As we know nothing is set in stone until the final month leading up to CamaroFest III.

Please feel free to hop on board the Camaro train :drinking:

The Oklahoma Family is planning on taking I-44 all the way to Indy. We are hoping Kansas and much of Missouri will join us due to the route positioning, but if any further southern (Arkansas & Northern Texas), western (Colorado, New Mexico, and more), and or even northern states would like to join.. Please do.

See you in a a few months (more like several :()

Also feel free to join our local chatter on our website about CamaroFest III

http://www.okcamaros.com/forum/showt...ugust-2-4-2012

It looks like Arkansas will be joined in Memphis and/or Little Rock by Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas, New Mexico and AZ (also maybe Utah and Colorado?). We'll pick up more from Mississippi, possibly Alabama and the other side of Tennessee in Nashville, then link up with Kentucky in Louisville and roll in hard several hundred strong. We'd love it if you guys came with us but as we've discussed before it's a bit longer route than the I-44 method!
:wub:

LED Crazy 02-07-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dznts (Post 4438388)
cant wait. this is going to be great!

I know! The weekend will be a blast. I hope I don't spend the whole time tearing apart my Camaro this time lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieBelle (Post 4438411)
It looks like Arkansas will be joined in Memphis and/or Little Rock by Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas, New Mexico and AZ (also maybe Utah and Colorado?). We'll pick up more from Mississippi, possibly Alabama and the other side of Tennessee in Nashville, then link up with Kentucky in Louisville and roll in hard several hundred strong. We'd love it if you guys came with us but as we've discussed before it's a bit longer route than the I-44 method!
:wub:

We would love to be apart of that legendary caravan, but our crew would like to have a one day drive instead of two to CamaroFest. Either way we shall see you in Indy girl :thumbup:

Ject 02-07-2012 04:47 PM

Wichita Kansas people will be taking I-70 all the way there (KC -> St Louis -> Indianapolis)
Hope to join with some in Kansas City as we will have to trek 3 hrs to Kansas city before starting the journey :)

LED Crazy 02-07-2012 11:53 PM

We'd love to join you! I will talk it over with my crew and get back to you!

SSYNRS 04-14-2012 10:03 PM

I think lining up a meet in Kansas City or St. Louis would be a great idea.

LED Crazy 04-15-2012 01:08 AM

Whatever works best for everyone. I believe Kansas and some of NWA will be tagging along as well. Some of us are deciding on where to stay Wednesday night. Kansas City maybe a good idea and then leave early Thursday morning.

Ideas?

SSYNRS 04-15-2012 10:50 AM

I was just through Indianapolis after picking up my Camaro...
After some pictures at the Raceway with collinsRS and Dragom I left at 2:00pm and got home just before 10:00pm - (450 Miles to Indy).

Was by myself and was pretty much straight through. Not that it was difficult but St. Louis might be a better overnight location for Wednesday night.... (250 Miles)
The cruise starts Thursday at 6:00 pm, might be nice to arrive ahead of time and get rid of road grime... From the car too

BUT Maybe a meet in Kansas City (between 3pm-5pm) hook-up with Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, etc... then off the St. Louis ?
or closer is Columbia, MO - (350 Miles to Indy)

LED Crazy 04-17-2012 06:29 PM

There are a few in our group who feel St. Louis is not very safe to stay over night. They are more for Kansas City.

I am all for being there ahead of time. Especially having time for check in, take bags to room, and chill in parking lot before staging for cruise begins.

dianeokie 04-17-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LED KING (Post 4821518)
There are a few in our group who feel St. Louis is not very safe to stay over night. They are more for Kansas City.

I am all for being there ahead of time. Especially having time for check in, take bags to room, and chill in parking lot before staging for cruise begins.

I've heard the same thing, but I think some of the suburbs are better. I'll be going through there in June for the Hot Rod Power Tour, so I can check it out for you all. The venue is Gateway Itnl Raceway, but I'm going to stay on the West side of St Louis just north of 1-44. Riverport. Not sure of the route for HRPT, as they keep it secret until close to the date, but let me know what you want me to check out and I'll try to do so! Of course, for Camaro Fest, I'll be departing from Atlanta and headed north through TN, KY and Indiana...........:thumbup:

ams450r 04-22-2012 08:33 AM

Stl and that bad its just like any other place

Peppy2SS 04-30-2012 03:39 PM

I'm from the St Louis area, and I wouldn't recommend staying downtown with your cars in the open lots of the hotels. But the surrounding areas aren't bad. I would recommend checking into areas such as Maryland Heights or Collinsville, IL for hotels if you plan to stay in the STL area.

Let me know if I can help with any information when it comes to saying in this area.

Deke736 05-03-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peppy2SS (Post 4889515)
I'm from the St Louis area, and I wouldn't recommend staying downtown with your cars in the open lots of the hotels. But the surrounding areas aren't bad. I would recommend checking into areas such as Maryland Heights or Collinsville, IL for hotels if you plan to stay in the STL area.

Let me know if I can help with any information when it comes to saying in this area.

I agree with this! Collinsville is great on the IL side and threr are several hotels with safe parking lots. I'd offer up my house, but there's not enough room for everyone! You can count me in for joining the caravan as it comes throughout St. Louis on Thursday!

AC 05-03-2012 05:11 PM

As previously discussed the Northwest Arkansas Camaro Club will be joining you in Joplin MO early Thursday morning......like 8:00ish that would put us in Indy about 4:00 or so. :thumbsup:

AC 05-03-2012 08:45 PM

actually about 5:00ish with the time change.

LED Crazy 05-07-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC (Post 4908289)
actually about 5:00ish with the time change.

We are pondering upon spending the night either in Joplin or Kansas City possibly to cut the drive a bit.

Dznts 05-07-2012 11:47 PM

:popcorn:

AC 05-22-2012 07:31 AM

We sure hope you pick Jopin...KC would leave us out in the cold!!!

joshrv06 06-20-2012 11:09 AM

does anyone have an estimation on what time/day the caravan will be passing through the STL area. I'd love to join on the cruise to indy!

adamgl 06-20-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshrv06 (Post 5158771)
does anyone have an estimation on what time/day the caravan will be passing through the STL area. I'd love to join on the cruise to indy!

:word:

Deke736 06-20-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamgl (Post 5160975)
:word:

I'm in for this as well. I'd be joining in STL.

joshrv06 06-21-2012 09:23 PM

whats up fellas. im near scott air force base and am heading to indy thursday morning. do you guys want to set a gathering point?

AC 06-22-2012 01:07 PM

We should be hitting St Louis around 11:30 - 12:00. The schedule discussed previously was to leave Joplin around 7:00ish.

K1SSRSS 07-09-2012 02:15 AM

Any updates? I plan on catching you guys either in Joplin or St. Louis.