Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Windshield Wipers (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20435)

levi1922 04-28-2009 10:43 PM

Windshield Wipers
 
okay, so in my fourth gen, when you turn the wipers on, they raise about three inches, and then they go about their work. They dont go below the 3 inch raised mark while they are on, delay or hi/low. then when you turn the off, the go to rest at the 3 inch mark, then slide down basically out of sight. i REALLY like this. its all about little details for me.

i know the tens have the new style that uses wind to hold it down against the windshield when they are on...but, do they do the whole slide thing outta sight thing? and, where are the washer sprayers at?

PQ 04-28-2009 11:06 PM

oooooooo tidbits, I like.
:popcorn:

New2010CamaroLover 04-28-2009 11:06 PM

hmm that sounds pretty cool.... :popcorn:

New2010CamaroLover 04-28-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 442016)
oooooooo tidbits, I like.
:popcorn:

Haha tidbits... That's a funny word!

cam2fst4u 04-28-2009 11:22 PM

you know normally this is something i pay attention to... But i didn't this time... they may be built into the wiper itself

Never2LowChevy 04-28-2009 11:25 PM

the washer nozzles are on the hood on the corners of the "hump", "cowl", "power bulge", whatever ya wanna call it. But they are out of the way and unnoticable. Not sure how the wipers work though but I do like the way they work on the 4th gen.

levi1922 04-28-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cam2fst4u (Post 442074)
you know normally this is something i pay attention to... But i didn't this time... they may be built into the wiper itself

good!
like, the chevy trucks...
i thought it would be on all GM cars when it was standard on a 2000, 1500 work truck...
but, the CTS has little black things on the hood :(
most disappointing thing about the CTS

levi1922 04-28-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy (Post 442083)
the washer nozzles are on the hood on the corners of the "hump", "cowl", "power bulge", whatever ya wanna call it. But they are out of the way and unnoticable. Not sure how the wipers work though but I do like the way they work on the 4th gen.

ignore my last post...
but if they are not noticeable i suppose it is fine with me, out of all the pictures i have saved to my computer i have yet to be able to spot it

Never2LowChevy 04-28-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levi1922 (Post 442089)
ignore my last post...
but if they are not noticeable i suppose it is fine with me, out of all the pictures i have saved to my computer i have yet to be able to spot it

Look at some of the pics with the hood open and look on the hood itself and you can see the hoses going to them. They are pretty well hidden though. Now if we could only get GM to pay attention to detail like this with other small, minor things like... I dunno, wheel weights on brake calipers and rubbing battery wires.... :yikes::sm0:

levi1922 04-28-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy (Post 442095)
Look at some of the pics with the hood open and look on the hood itself and you can see the hoses going to them. They are pretty well hidden though. Now if we could only get GM to pay attention to detail like this with other small, minor things like... I dunno, wheel weights on brake calipers and rubbing battery wires.... :yikes::sm0:

haha,if they had that kind of attention to detail, they might also be able to create a system that would tell you when youd get your car...

and also a painted antenna...

bluch 04-28-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levi1922 (Post 442098)
haha,if they had that kind of attention to detail, they might also be able to create a system that would tell you when youd get your car.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Never2LowChevy 04-28-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levi1922 (Post 442098)
haha,if they had that kind of attention to detail, they might also be able to create a system that would tell you when youd get your car...

and also a painted antenna...

:laughabove:Oh, you didnt get the e-mail???? If you pre-ordered your not getting your car. The money you put down was bail out money and it was just a survey to see if anybody would order one. And paint is expensive! The only reason the price of the Camaro is so low is cause they saved all that money by NOT painting the 4"x5" antenna! Well, that and they switched to GEICO... :sm0:

levi1922 04-28-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy (Post 442108)
:laughabove:Oh, you didnt get the e-mail???? If you pre-ordered your not getting your car. The money you put down was bail out money and it was just a survey to see if anybody would order one. And paint is expensive! The only reason the price of the Camaro is so low is cause they saved all that money by NOT painting the 4"x5" antenna! Well, that and they switched to GEICO... :sm0:

dang, chrysler should have done this..they would have people working on their chapter 11 if they had!
yeah, i understand not painting it, i also understand the lack of any kind of badge on the passenger side dash. it kept the cost down, and after all, these are high performance cars, its important for the passenger to keep their eyes on the road!

levi1922 04-28-2009 11:47 PM

haha i just noticed the Gieco thing,
nice touch:clap:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.