Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ordered my Crystal Red Tintcoat 2SS RS today!! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205443)

vroomapunk 02-25-2012 02:56 PM

Ordered my Crystal Red Tintcoat 2SS RS today!!
 
:happyanim:I ordered it and put a $1,000 deposit on it (is that normal?) either way no biggie.

I know the general manager and he wasnt there today so I ordered it and they said once it gets picked up and has a VIN, I can come back and talk price with him.

I said I dont want to pay more than invoice price, and the salesman said there isnt an invoice yet since it hasnt been built, so I have to come back to actually get the price lol.


6-8 weeks! Ive been waiting since the concept came out 6 years ago lol

mlee 02-25-2012 03:04 PM

Congrats... I think you'll be very pleased with that color...:thumbsup:

panther2469 02-25-2012 03:04 PM

Congrats !!!

vroomapunk 02-25-2012 03:06 PM

Thanks! Ive wanted to be part of the "Just ordered my car" club for a couple years lurking on this site now. Cant believe its actually happening.

mlee 02-25-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 4542941)
Thanks! Ive wanted to be part of the "Just ordered my car" club for a couple years lurking on this site now. Cant believe its actually happening.


Head over to GMConnects.com and start tracking... Enjoy the wait with the rest of us... I've also heard from 2 different sources that the plant workers REALLY like the CRT color...

95birdible 02-25-2012 03:58 PM

Congrats my 2012 1SS CRT goes into the ordering system on Tuesday. They are feeding you a line of bull though about the price. They know it right now. I wouldn't pay a cent over invoice if I were you. Mine out the door with options was 39,200.

vroomapunk 02-25-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95birdible (Post 4543149)
Congrats my 2012 1SS CRT goes into the ordering system on Tuesday. They are feeding you a line of bull though about the price. They know it right now. I wouldn't pay a cent over invoice if I were you. Mine out the door with options was 39,200.


Thanks, I appreciate it, yeah I know the GM will tell me striaght when he gets back in town, those salesmen are, well salesmen.

Was yours a vert?

I am very excited about the color, looks great on the other cars!

I didnt get an order number or anything, but ill talk to my contact over there on monday or tuesday and get everything. Im sure ill be checking it every 5 mins

Henry G. 02-26-2012 02:42 AM

I almost ordered CRT but saw a IBM the day before at dusk and changed my mind. Still my second choice though. Takes about a week to get in the system. I ordered my LT1 2/01, finally made 3400 yesterday. Yes I check everyday even though I have the gmconnects alert too.

vroomapunk 02-26-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry G. (Post 4545583)
I almost ordered CRT but saw a IBM the day before at dusk and changed my mind. Still my second choice though. Takes about a week to get in the system. I ordered my LT1 2/01, finally made 3400 yesterday. Yes I check everyday even though I have the gmconnects alert too.

Haha, I will probably leave the alert off just so I can surprise myself, and actually justify checking it that much

OldJedi 02-26-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 4545956)
Haha, I will probably leave the alert off just so I can surprise myself, and actually justify checking it that much

Trust me, it is still a nice surprise when you see an email from GM Connects that says "You have An Update".

2010 SSRS 02-26-2012 12:55 PM

Congrats

vroomapunk 02-26-2012 03:05 PM

thanks a lot guys, hopefully this forum will help keep me sane while I wait for the car to come in

SynergyMike 02-26-2012 06:46 PM

Hey Congrats! I could not make up my mind between CRT and AGM - they are both awesome colors. I finally ended up ordering AGM only because I could not get the Synergy option with CRT. I wish you luck trying to sleep at night and concentrate while you are at work:)

95birdible 02-26-2012 07:26 PM

Yep mine is a vert. So many problems with my 2012 1SS that I get a do over. Thought I would change it up a bit this time. Cannot wait to get my order number and start tracking again. Wonder what our TPW's will be? I am hoping sometime in March for a mid April delivery. Weather is to unpredictable here in Minnesota

vroomapunk 02-26-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynergyMike (Post 4547974)
Hey Congrats! I could not make up my mind between CRT and AGM - they are both awesome colors. I finally ended up ordering AGM only because I could not get the Synergy option with CRT. I wish you luck trying to sleep at night and concentrate while you are at work:)

I hear ya, the synergy option is awesome!


Quote:

Originally Posted by 95birdible (Post 4548109)
Yep mine is a vert. So many problems with my 2012 1SS that I get a do over. Thought I would change it up a bit this time. Cannot wait to get my order number and start tracking again. Wonder what our TPW's will be? I am hoping sometime in March for a mid April delivery. Weather is to unpredictable here in Minnesota


Yeah, at least you are closer to Canada for delivery, im all the way down in louisiana. It seems by looking at how long most peoples orders are taking, itll be about 6 weeks. No one seems to go past 8 weeks though

95birdible 02-26-2012 08:33 PM

This order is also going to get expedited like my one last year. I ordered a 2012 but Chevy bumped me to a 2012 and sped it through. This one will get sped up due the circumstances I am going through.

vroomapunk 02-26-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95birdible (Post 4548357)
This order is also going to get expedited like my one last year. I ordered a 2012 but Chevy bumped me to a 2012 and sped it through. This one will get sped up due the circumstances I am going through.

Thats cool!

Ill be happy if it comes later in the 6-8 weeks though. Im getting married in almost exactly 8 weeks, and some leftover wedding money will be part of the down payment, as well as it would just be kind of cool to get it right around the wedding festivities, I will have a lot of time off around then and get to spend of alot of it getting to know the new car

shawn18 02-26-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 4548586)
Thats cool!

Ill be happy if it comes later in the 6-8 weeks though. Im getting married in almost exactly 8 weeks, and some leftover wedding money will be part of the down payment, as well as it would just be kind of cool to get it right around the wedding festivities, I will have a lot of time off around then and get to spend of alot of it getting to know the new car

Congrats on the new car and the wedding!!!!:headbang::headbang: Enjoy them both!!!!!!!!!

vroomapunk 02-27-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn18 (Post 4549123)
Congrats on the new car and the wedding!!!!:headbang::headbang: Enjoy them both!!!!!!!!!


Thanks man, itll be a great week or two, all that happening at once

vroomapunk 02-27-2012 07:21 PM

Called today, and agreed to invoice price, that he would get me my order number once the order is in so I can check online,etc, and that we would handle the financing and stuff once it comes in.

xVengeancex28 02-27-2012 08:05 PM

congrats!

95birdible 02-27-2012 08:20 PM

Dealer just called and I got my order number. Should have the TPW by next week. 6 - 8 weeks and I will have my CRT 1SS Vert in the garage.

vroomapunk 02-27-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95birdible (Post 4553728)
Dealer just called and I got my order number. Should have the TPW by next week. 6 - 8 weeks and I will have my CRT 1SS Vert in the garage.

Awesome! Im excited! We will have some of the first CRT's on the road! I know ill be the first around here, there arent too many 5th gens, so CRT should be rare for a while

95birdible 02-27-2012 08:56 PM

I have the only 2012 SS vert around me right now. Can't imagine a CRT. Also, my old car was the second delivered in the whole country. Sure would be nice to get the first CRT Vert. Can't wait. Sure hope this one is better to me than the last one.

bandit38 02-27-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 4542909)
:


6-8 weeks! Ive been waiting since the concept came out 6 years ago lol


Congratulations !

I think 6 years must be the breaking point where you just can't stand it anymore.....lol !

I am in the same boat as you and ordered mine on Feb 15th....I still have all the magazines from where the concept debuted and everything......I know it's going to be worth the wait !


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.